Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Iraq before the bombs started getting dropped...

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Ron Paul 2012. End the Wars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    These things touch you more once you have kids of your own--I would kill and die for my children, no question.

Sadly, humanity has been doing this since day one and will continue until the end of time.
    The strong will always exert their will over the weak. I guess it's no different than the animal kingdom, but we can just inflict so much more carnage now.

Whether it's an abusive husband beating his wife or a superpower destroying a developing nation, it is always a disgusting example of humanity's ugliness.
    2011 C63 ///AMG / BLK on BLK / P31 / LSD / CF Trim / Keyless Go / Rear Camera / All the other stuff too!!
    Click here to enlarge
    2011 X3 2.8 Vermillion Red/Black loaded

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

That's odd, as someone that was in the invasion and overwhelmed by the hordes of grateful people surrounding us at every chance, thanking us for liberating them, this "film" seems to contradict all of that...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Reality and 'Reality' never are the same... Iraq was an ugly mistake... There was never a threat from them, they were a bigger threat to themselves then they were to 'US'. These claims that Osama and Sadam were in bed with each other were fabricated. It was a known fact that Osama thought that Sadam was a infidel, and hated him, why would the two work together. There were no terrorists in Iraq before the war, but after it started you better believe they moved in. WHere are the WMD's that Sadam was working on? Still haven't been found, 10 years later.

As for Afghanistan, that was the only legit war in my mind, we should have concentrated all efforts there and left Iraq out of it. IDK, I haven't deployed, so I don't know what's it was like over there, and I don't claim to know anything, but even as soldiers (whether deployed or not) we have to dissect everything, because it's not all the truth (even if they force feed it as such).
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'll say this upfront the Iraq war was a horrible mistake, we should have never went there. I usually enjoy your videos and they bring up great point to think about, but this Video does nothing for me man. Just because a few guys went there before the war and talked to people, doesn't mean it portrays the truth over there. I've lived in the middle east and been deployed there a few times. I've had the chance to talk to quite a few Iraqies and they all told me the same thing. They hated Saddam and wished his death. People there lived in constant fear and didn't dare say a bad thing about him and his regime, fear of being locked up, tortured, and even killed. A few I talked to, had family and friends suddenly vanish and are never heard from again, the lucky ones would show up years later broken from years of torture. Kurds were massacared for simply being Kurds, Saddam even used chem warefare against them. Sheites killed because they weren't Sunni. There are a lot of Iraqies still grateful to us that we removed him. They still live in fear from extremist, but now they can see a light at the end of the tunnel, unlike with Saddam. It's funny the media never talks about all the schools, hospitals, and infrastructure we built for them, and all the care we give them and all the media shows is some twisted freak bombing himself and killing innocent people. Again it was a mistake going there, but in order to fix things we can't turn our backs on them now.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mistake going in but now we have to clean up our mess end of story.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Bah, I tried breaking it into paragraphs but it won't let me, $#@!ing internet out here.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    I'll say this upfront the Iraq war was a horrible mistake, we should have never went there. I usually enjoy your videos and they bring up great point to think about, but this Video does nothing for me man. Just because a few guys went there before the war and talked to people, doesn't mean it portrays the truth over there. I've lived in the middle east and been deployed there a few times. I've had the chance to talk to quite a few Iraqies and they all told me the same thing. They hated Saddam and wished his death. People there lived in constant fear and didn't dare say a bad thing about him and his regime, fear of being locked up, tortured, and even killed. A few I talked to, had family and friends suddenly vanish and are never heard from again, the lucky ones would show up years later broken from years of torture. Kurds were massacared for simply being Kurds, Saddam even used chem warefare against them. Sheites killed because they weren't Sunni. There are a lot of Iraqies still grateful to us that we removed him. They still live in fear from extremist, but now they can see a light at the end of the tunnel, unlike with Saddam. It's funny the media never talks about all the schools, hospitals, and infrastructure we built for them, and all the care we give them and all the media shows is some twisted freak bombing himself and killing innocent people. Again it was a mistake going there, but in order to fix things we can't turn our backs on them now.
    this

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

One thing I find funny is people say "those people hated saddam, he was terrible etc etc" like that has any bearing on why went went in. As if to imply we "wanted to help the iraqqi people" I think that's complete BS. Number 1 their are plenty of countries with horrible dictators and we deal well with most of them. The fact is we don't five a $#@! nor should we as long as whatever government is in place is helpful to our goals. There are alot of places in similar situation to Iraq as far as hatred and fear for the government but we do nothing. Why? Because it's not our business or our place nor should we waste American wealth and lives to help people who don't help themselves. Look at Cuba for example, under Fidel Castro they have extreme poverty and are antagonistic to the US but we've allowed him to remain in power for 50+ years when it would be nothing for us to take him out. Why don't we help the poor people of Cuba? Because theres nothing in it for us. We thought we had something to gainin Iraq we didn't and we are paying for it. LM thanks for your service BTW.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    I'll say this upfront the Iraq war was a horrible mistake, we should ....
    +1

even before the war, there were some Iraqi people who ran away from Saddam and came to my country. Who exactly think my country is a better place to live? simple, the people who lived in worse conditions.
    The Iraq war was ugly and nobody can't deny the fact, However this didn't turn Iraq from heaven into hell, that place was already hell and the war made it worse.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yo that shawarma at 1:07 looked GANGSTA
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Anyone who doesn't think there were/was/are political motives to US wars/invasions into oil rich regions....Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Video makes it seem like Iraq was Disneyland before the war.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

that was propaganda at its best! not to say the war was 100% just but that was just garbage!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Video makes it seem like Iraq was Disneyland before the war.
    It sure was before compared to now. There was order, and not everyone killing each other.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

An unjust war that was propped up on whim that there was Osama's buddies hanging out making weapons with Saddam was a joke. They played the public on fear, and they f'd up a country and people for God knows how many years. They basically brought the country to the stone age. Churches are attacked, and church members. Muslims are attacked by other muslims because of different beliefs. That kind of thing didn't really happen back when Saddam was a live. Sure it wasn't perfect, but its worlds better then it is currently. Its only going to get worse.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    It sure was before compared to now. There was order, and not everyone killing each other.
    order from a dictator that killed kurds, $#@!tes and tortured many. :rolleyes

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shahsk Click here to enlarge
    order from a dictator that killed kurds, $#@!tes and tortured many. :rolleyes
    Yes he did, but lets take a look at the country as a whole. How many Iraqis have died due to this war based on nothing that would have caused no direct issues to US citizens and armed forces. How many Americans have died in Iraq do to this war? How many families here have gotten letters/calls saying their sons and daughters have died in an uncalled for war???? Count it all up it way out numbers the Kurds that were killed during Saddam's reign. People have to worry about getting blown up in the market places, and places of worship now all over the country dude.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Close to 4500 troops have been killed since the war started
    Approximately 1,033,000 Iraqi's have been killed since the war started (last report was as of Aug 2007)

Saddam in his conflict with Iran killed approximately 450,000 Iranians, About 150,000 Iraqi's are reported Dead.
    Approximately 300,000 Kurds are killed or presumed missing. 500,000 Children in Iraqi reported dead, due to the International Trade Sanctions put in place after the first Gulf War... If you add it all up, it' comes close to 2 million, but if you take the Iraq-Iran war out of the picture and remove the death's due to the Trade Sanctions, it's more like 300,000 +/-...

This is nothing compared to what Stalin did (over 20 million Russians during his Rule died)
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes he did, but lets take a look at the country as a whole. How many Iraqis have died due to this war based on nothing that would have caused no direct issues to US citizens and armed forces. How many Americans have died in Iraq do to this war? How many families here have gotten letters/calls saying their sons and daughters have died in an uncalled for war???? Count it all up it way out numbers the Kurds that were killed during Saddam's reign. People have to worry about getting blown up in the market places, and places of worship now all over the country dude.Click here to enlarge
    SO just turn the cheek and let him do what he wanted to do? You realize that this guy without any intervention, would have done far worse than 12,716 American soldiers who've died? In fact he had already bested that number by the late 80's. It was estimated that Saddam had killed or displaced over 100,000 Kurd civilians during the Iran-Iraq war. The american serviceman have been trained for combat and actually signed up to potentially be put in harms way (especially those who joined post 9/11). The innocent civilians he had been killing didn't sign up for anything. Personally I think the war was justified in the sense of the greater good, not of just the american people but for the people directly affected by Saddam. The reasons we were fed about the bush admins justification for the war is a joke, but none-the-less. Being an american, I can handle some lies by our government...it's common place these days. I'm surprised by the people who are shocked to find out we've been lied too.
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    HorsepowerFreaks.com
    12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts
    Product questions or to purchase - branden@horsepowerfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPFBranden Click here to enlarge
    SO just turn the cheek and let him do what he wanted to do? You realize that this guy without any intervention, would have done far worse than 12,716 American soldiers who've died? In fact he had already bested that number by the late 80's. It was estimated that Saddam had killed or displaced over 100,000 Kurd civilians during the Iran-Iraq war. The american serviceman have been trained for combat and actually signed up to potentially be put in harms way (especially those who joined post 9/11). The innocent civilians he had been killing didn't sign up for anything. Personally I think the war was justified in the sense of the greater good, not of just the american people but for the people directly affected by Saddam. The reasons we were fed about the bush admins justification for the war is a joke, but none-the-less. Being an american, I can handle some lies by our government...it's common place these days. I'm surprised by the people who are shocked to find out we've been lied too.
    We need a few more wars. Let's be the policeman of the world. That's what I just read from the post above honestly. Sorry, but this country can't afford more wars. Wars based on WMD's. When it was really based on the fact he wanted to stop selling OIL IN DOLLARSSSSSS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    We need a few more wars. Let's be the policeman of the world. That's what I just read from the post above honestly. Sorry, but this country can't afford more wars. Wars based on WMD's. When it was really based on the fact he wanted to stop selling OIL IN DOLLARSSSSSS.
    You could speculate all day long as to why we actually went to war with Iraq, but I seriously doubt that we'll ever know for a FACT.

Even if we could know, it wouldn't change the fact that we are there and need to get done what needs to get done.
    Click here to enlarge
    HorsepowerFreaks.com
    12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPFBranden Click here to enlarge
    You could speculate all day long as to why we actually went to war with Iraq, but I seriously doubt that we'll ever know for a FACT.

Even if we could know, it wouldn't change the fact that we are there and need to get done what needs to get done.

Hi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

C'mon bro really? Posting a conspiracy video as evidence is not proof, it's speculation.
    Click here to enlarge
    HorsepowerFreaks.com
    12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast