Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    i want tires like that and rims =D
    You and I both.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

wonder how much that will shave off my 1/4 time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

wonder how much that will shave off my 1/4 time.
    Referring to tires?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Referring to tires?
    JEAH tires rims combo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

JEAH tires rims combo
    Not enough to ever want to line up next to either of these cars. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Not enough to ever want to line up next to either of these cars. Click here to enlarge
    not trying to line up with those just to improve my times, for these you need a Z06 or CTS-V GT-R

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

not trying to line up with those just to improve my times, for these you need a Z06 or CTS-V GT-R
    I know, I was poking fun.

What was your 60 foot last time?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

1.971 could not grip launched at 1k rpm anything higher i would just spin.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Absolutely fantastic runs by both drivers :bow-blue congrats guys Click here to enlarge Thank you both for sharing your results with us; I'm sure many car enthusiasts appreciate all the data and research you guys have provided to help advance this platform further. It should be very clear now that Weistec has built a very solid product with very repeatable results. I can't wait to see you guys run in cooler weather. You should've stopped by Famoso Raceway on the way to Vegas.... temps were 85 F and DA of 2200 ft (less than half what it was in Vegas) and track had better prep. I think you guys would've dipped into the 10.6x and would've captured the all time record in the heat of the summer Click here to enlarge

By the way, does Earl's car have SLS cams and ported heads as well?
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Absolutely fantastic runs by both drivers :bow-blue congrats guys Click here to enlarge Thank you both for sharing your results with us; I'm sure many car enthusiasts appreciate all the data and research you guys have provided to help advance this platform further. It should be very clear now that Weistec has built a very solid product with very repeatable results. I can't wait to see you guys run in cooler weather. You should've stopped by Famoso Raceway on the way to Vegas.... temps were 85 F and DA of 2200 ft (less than half what it was in Vegas) and track had better prep. I think you guys would've dipped into the 10.6x and would've captured the all time record in the heat of the summer Click here to enlarge

Mo, neither car is running SLS cams, we removed the SLS cams from my car and went back to stock, they seemed to worked better with the SC package so we swapped them back last month.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge

Mo, neither car is running SLS cams, we removed the SLS cams from my car and went back to stock, they seemed to worked better with the SC package so we swapped them back last month.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Outstanding runs, gentlemen. Question though:It's been stated that track prep was horrible, with no VHT, and no water box. However, in the posted video, I don't hear any tire spin on launch from either car. Both the spectator view, and the on-board cameras appear to show both cars dead-hooking on launch. The time slips also show both cars with 1.6x 60' times, which is good. So my question is, why was the track prep considered horrible? All you can ask for is to dead-hook, and it appears you certainly were able to do that. Jim, what does your car normally 60' at? Much better than the 1.6x shown here? Now, of course with cooler charge air, comes more HP. With more HP, comes harder launches. With harder launches, comes better 60' times. With better 60' times, comes better ETs. And with better ETs, comes more beer at the end of the day. As everyone else, I can't wait to see what these cars run this Fall.There's also the time tested formula of .10 better at the 60', means .20 off the 1/4 ET. Of course it's not exact, but close. If you guys can get down to 1.5x, you're probably gonna see 10.7x at the big end.Congrats on the run, I can only imagine the spectacle it caused. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama Click here to enlarge
    Outstanding runs, gentlemen. Question though:It's been stated that track prep was horrible, with no VHT, and no water box. However, in the posted video, I don't hear any tire spin on launch from either car. Both the spectator view, and the on-board cameras appear to show both cars dead-hooking on launch. The time slips also show both cars with 1.6x 60' times, which is good. So my question is, why was the track prep considered horrible? All you can ask for is to dead-hook, and it appears you certainly were able to do that. Jim, what does your car normally 60' at? Much better than the 1.6x shown here? Now, of course with cooler charge air, comes more HP. With more HP, comes harder launches. With harder launches, comes better 60' times. With better 60' times, comes better ETs. And with better ETs, comes more beer at the end of the day. As everyone else, I can't wait to see what these cars run this Fall.There's also the time tested formula of .10 better at the 60', means .20 off the 1/4 ET. Of course it's not exact, but close. If you guys can get down to 1.5x, you're probably gonna see 10.7x at the big end.Congrats on the run, I can only imagine the spectacle it caused. Click here to enlarge
    You answered your own question, I was putting down pretty consistant 1.5X 60 ft's with my old MT Street E/T's on tracks with much better prep. At Vegas I had to back down approx 200rpm on the brake stall to not get tires loose.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama Click here to enlarge
    If you consider having to launch at a lower rpm and feather slightly out of the hole because of no VHT, and having inconsistent burnouts (me) because of no water in the box good prep than I guess it was ok.

We are not looking to be at 10.7 as we are already there or even less at a track with lower DA. My magic number has a 9 as a starting point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, just a quick one. Not too much to say, the numbers all speak for themselves.

Just wanted to say I appreciated the trip. I still don't understand craps.
    Sticky,sorry for the bad craps school,,,but bottom line, just like life ,people and fast cars ,you pays your money and takes your chances!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    You answered your own question, I was putting down pretty consistant 1.5X 60 ft's with my old MT Street E/T's on tracks with much better prep. At Vegas I had to back down approx 200rpm on the brake stall to not get tires loose.
    Got it. So you guys had other runs, not on video, where you broke loose when you loaded up the converter more. Makes sense....

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    If you consider having to launch at a lower rpm and feather slightly out of the hole because of no VHT, and having inconsistent burnouts (me) because of no water in the box good prep than I guess it was ok.

We are not looking to be at 10.7 as we are already there or even less at a track with lower DA. My magic number has a 9 as a starting point.
    Well, I didn't exactly say you guys had good prep. I just said that in the video, you dead-hooked, and it's hard to ask for more than that. But sure, if you were only hooking because you were babying it out of the hole, sure. But your 1.6x 60' would say otherwise. Takes a pretty good launch, to get into the 1.6x and below.

To get into the 9's with your current setup, is probably a bit optimistic. Are you planning more mods to get into the 9's?

Again, great runs. The cars look and sound amazing. Looking forward to your cool-air results.

Be safe out there, gentlemen.
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKECRhvlf4