Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I tried to watch a few minutes. I couldn't get any further. I definitely couldn't have been a surgeon in the Civil War.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    I respect your opinion. I don't agree that drugs like LSD or shrooms will open your mind up and generate any meaningful thoughts. That's my opinion. I've taken Ambien before and I recall experiencing what I thought -- at the time -- were marvelous, money-making ideas. Then I woke up the next morning and just laughed at myself and thought, what a dumb idea.

No use comparing drugs (i.e., "yeah, but Ambien isn't LSD or shrooms") because it's not the drug that matters but the chemical reaction and binding to receptors in your brain that causes the effect.

Anyway, my suggestion is this: If you genuinely believe there is even a remote chance of conceiving some remarkable thoughts while under the influence of a hallucinogen, then take your drug of choice, sit at home in a safe place, and set up a video camera. Write a sign or note to yourself to remind yourself that the trip is meant to be evaluated later on. Go about it casually. Let the thoughts flow and speak your mind into the camera. I would be shocked if you were impressed by your conceptions upon review of the video.

That's just my opinion. I'm not putting you down. I'm just pressing the issue a little further. My point is, it may be fun to glorify the supposed mind-liberating effects of hallucinogens and other mind-altering drugs, but in reality if an individual truly believed they could explain the likes of G-d (or anything on that esoteric and illusive level) by paying $8 for a couple hits of LSD, they would do it often. Why wouldn't they?
    i must not have explained myself properly. i too do not agree that anything empirically profound can come of hallucinogenic experiences which was why i posed the question.
    sorena also mentioned mathematicians doing some difficult equations while under the influence... i wonder if their work once completed was cohesive enough to be of any use!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    i must not have explained myself properly. i too do not agree that anything empirically profound can come of hallucinogenic experiences which was why i posed the question.
    sorena also mentioned mathematicians doing some difficult equations while under the influence... i wonder if their work once completed was cohesive enough to be of any use!
    Oh okay.. I see. Yeah, the math tripping sounds unconventional but must have been funny to watch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hahaha this is kinda funny.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    even if the trip does provide some profound knowledge it is highly unlikely that you'll be able to pull anything meaningful from it to share with others as you will not be able to clearly articulate what it was that you came to understand ...kinda like trying to remember a scary or awesom dream from the night before. just my .02
    Notebook... Trip reports... Next day analysis. Study again Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A lot of hallucenogenic drugs are actually already created by the brain but are released in smaller quantities and at different times. Most of the time hallucenogenic drugs are not dangerous to your physical health.

Taking a drug like LSD or DMT will definately alter your mind to the point that you feel something that you cant describe in words, because youve never 'felt' that before. Like you cant explain to a 4 year old what sex feels like, you cant really explain to a person whos never tripped what a DMT trip feels like.

Alexander (Sasha) Shulgin was the pioneer of psychedelics. His book Pikhal is basically his manual on how to make hundreds of different drugs and what the effects and proper doses are. He isn't a druggie or pusher, he is a world renown biochemist that researched the use of psychedelics for medicinal use.

Did you know that schizophrenics find many benefits from certain types of psychedelics?
    Did you know that deep in the amazon, the natives have been taking DMT (most powerful psychedelic) for thousands of years in the form of a home made plant brew used for ritual mind and body cleansing, aka Ayahuasca.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think the most notable use of DMT was the novelty formula that Terence McKenna brought. Though i don't believe it and he's just a happy 70's hippy who was high all the time, the formula was invented by decoding I Ching text which is something really hard to do and according to McKenna's brother it was due the DMT he used.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    I think the most notable use of DMT was the novelty formula that Terence McKenna brought. Though i don't believe it and he's just a happy 70's hippy who was high all the time, the formula was invented by decoding I Ching text which is something really hard to do and according to McKenna's brother it was due the DMT he used.
    I don't think human beings are at the level to truly understand the capability of psychedelics. We are like children when it comes to understanding how the brain and mind connect. The chemicals in your brain are one thing, but a persons mind and soul is something the whole world disagrees about. I think if we dont destroy ourselves first, we can define what a 'soul' really is maybe in a thousand years. Right now all we can define is what we see through microscopes and experiments, understanding the way a drug impacts the brain is one thing; but the way it impacts the mind is a mystery.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agreed. Our knowledge lacks a big part or a branch of science about minds, and that's why we can't even understand it, let alone getting to know it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I don't think human beings are at the level to truly understand the capability of psychedelics. We are like children when it comes to understanding how the brain and mind connect. The chemicals in your brain are one thing, but a persons mind and soul is something the whole world disagrees about. I think if we dont destroy ourselves first, we can define what a 'soul' really is maybe in a thousand years. Right now all we can define is what we see through microscopes and experiments, understanding the way a drug impacts the brain is one thing; but the way it impacts the mind is a mystery.
    I take it you believe in the concept of the soul then.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does that hurt or do they not have feeling?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I take it you believe in the concept of the soul then.
    I do believe in the concept of a soul, however ill defined it may be.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I do believe in the concept of a soul, however ill defined it may be.
    Well then we'll party in Heaven or whatever it is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I don't know about you guys, but God has A LOT to explain to me if there really is a God somewhere.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think God owes us any explanation really. I just wish he would either confirm or deny his existence.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It/He/She does. Let's start with things around us. We know nothing about space, oceans, etc... Someday our knowledge will be big enough to understand space, but there is a good chance of destroying ourselves before reaching that level of knowledge.

Then there is faith, destiny and stuff like that that we will never know about them. What exactly did you I do to become myself? Why didn't i become that thieve that got shot during robbery? Take a look at these guys life:

-One was born in a rich happy family. He has been living a happy life since day 1. He's living in Monaco, he's 30 and has a mansion, garage full of exotic cars, a boat and some other things. He's enjoying his joyful life and he'll go to heaven because he's a good person and helps others.

-Then there is a guy who his mother was killed by his father when he was 13 and he had to work so his little brother could live because he was ill. Now he's 25 and he's in jail and he probably will go to hell because he's not a good person and has killed someone.

Do you think the person B would do still go to hell if he was raised in person A's condition? There a thousands of people living in the same exact condition, and they have a $#@!ful life just because they weren't lucky? It's not luck IMO, and i hope it's not. I mean in all holly books one of the God's traits is fairness. Where is the fairness in here? God owes me and other persons an explanation about this because with our incomplete knowledge about this stuff, the only conclusion we reach is that God isn't fair at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234