Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

What do the people living in Arab lands think about Ron Paul?

I know some members on here are from the Middle East. I wonder what you guys think about Ron Paul?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Are we the next Roman Empire? Sorry, I had to ask, based off that vid?
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    Are we the next Roman Empire? Sorry, I had to ask, based off that vid?
    We are headed down that path it seems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

I vote for anyone planning to kill our leader and his killer crew.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    I vote for anyone planning to kill our leader and his killer crew.
    That would make the elected no different than what was killed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    That would make the elected no different than what was killed.
    Not exactly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

A really nice speech by Paul. We need him, we need something to actually really change.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Ron Paul for President and while we are at it, lets replace every single corrupt politician in washington.. Damn that would be 99% of them... Click here to enlarge

Who would be his vice?
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

lets replace every single corrupt politician in washington..
    Or maybe it is time for the system to evolve and for people to get direct voice, not through some corrupt middle man? Why can't I directly vote on house legislation? We do not have a problem with distance or communication any longer. Time for government to evolve with technology.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

We could still have a middle man, but allow the people to dictate how that middle man votes. I like your idea of letting the people vote for legislation, but in a state like New York, 20 Million people (maybe only 10 million actual voters) voting on legislation might not be advisable... Imagine the nightmare.. So let the 20 million vote and have your middle man convey that vote to the senate, house or what have you. The people still get to vote and use technology, and instead of catering to special interest's, you cater to 'The People'.

I dunno...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

but in a state like New York, 20 Million people (maybe only 10 million actual voters) voting on legislation might not be advisable... Imagine the nightmare..
    Why? We have how many people voting for president now through some stupid convoluted process involving the electoral college?

It's simple, for people who do not want to vote or do not vote they can appoint someone (a representative) who will vote in their interest. That is what we are supposed to have now. The difference would be if you vote directly, likely through some online app, your representative that you chose may not vote for you since that vote was used. Additionally, I would like the option to simply not have a representative and to abstain.

The people would actually have a voice and power this way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I suppose... It will take time for it to get to that point (if it were an actual solution selected), but knowing the gen. pop, and how 50% of it' is pretty dumb, they will vote for the special interest groups anyway... Whatever the mainstream media influences them to vote for... People need to learn to research and actually learn how things will affect them both short and long term, and most american's won't do that...

The movie Idiocracy comes to mind...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

but knowing the gen. pop, and how 50% of it' is pretty dumb, they will vote for the special interest groups anyway...
    Very true. I have thought about this for a long while and also considered what about if the senate was based proportionally on tax contributions? Shouldn't people who give the most in taxes have some say proportional to what they provide? And those that contribute nothing not have equal say to those who essentially are providing their means for survival?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

They should make all voting be done on apps. Everyone would vote.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ...what about if the senate was based proportionally on tax contributions? Shouldn't people who give the most in taxes have some say proportional to what they provide?
    So Are we (you) saying that the general population as a whole should have a stronger voting power, or that the rich (elite) who pay more individually then say 10,000 people should have more voting power?

... those that contribute nothing not have equal say to those who essentially are providing their means for survival?
    So in layman's terms, Corporations as a whole (ie CEO, Chairmen and those who run the company) shouldn't be able to vote, or influence policy? A little hard to enforce if the CEO decides to pay taxes and votes as an individual (while still 'contributing' to one or the other political party, unless we get rid of political parties all together). You also have the Military Personnel who at one point didn't pay taxes (and I believe they still shouldn't, even though they do, as of 15 or so years ago) shouldn't have voting power, or would they be exempt from this policy?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

So Are we (you) saying that the general population as a whole should have a stronger voting power, or that the rich (elite) who pay more individually then say 10,000 people should have more voting power?
    I am saying this should be balanced. The problem we have currently is there is no way to take into account what one contributes to the country vs. what one does not. Why does a bum have same voting ability I do when I pay taxes and he doesn't?

So in layman's terms, Corporations as a whole (ie CEO, Chairmen and those who run the company) shouldn't be able to vote, or influence policy? A little hard to enforce if the CEO decides to pay taxes and votes as an individual (while still 'contributing' to one or the other political party, unless we get rid of political parties all together). You also have the Military Personnel who at one point didn't pay taxes (and I believe they still shouldn't, even though they do, as of 15 or so years ago) shouldn't have voting power?
    This would have to be fleshed out a bit obviously. Everyone should be able to vote but business interests would need to be curbed as that is the problem we have now. So, we could say corporations get a smaller ratio or something like that. Just brainstorming really.

Military personnel would be exempt from tax requirements due to putting their life on the line and directly working for the government/people. That is an easy solution.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    They should make all voting be done on apps. Everyone would vote.
    Thumbs up or thumbs down... simple.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I am saying this should be balanced. The problem we have currently is there is no way to take into account what one contributes to the country vs. what one does not. Why doed a bum have same voting ability I do when I pay taxes and he doesn't?
    Some Bums are bums because the gov't didn't care of them... For Example, Like the Thousands of Vietnam Vets who came back to a government and country that hated what they did, or didn't do over there.. I know, they had a choice to either succeed or fail when they came back, but when the majority of the country was stacked against you. If a Vet, who was homeless wants to vote, let him or her, I don't have a problem. Now if your a bum because you are too busy getting high on drugs, $#@! you, you don't get to vote.

I got this one guy in my neighborhood who dresses like a bum, acts like a bum, asks for money like a bum, sits in a wheelchair all $#@!ing day, but he ain't a $#@!ing bum, I've seen him walking in a different neighborhood on a cell phone... I felt like really making him a cripple... I know OFF topic...

That would have to be fleshed out a bit obviously. Everyone should be able to vote but business interests would need to be curbed as that is the problem we have now. So, we could say corporations get a smaller ratio or something like that. Just brainstorming really.

Military personnel would be except from tax requirements due to putting their life on the line and directly working for the government/people. That is an easy solution.
    it's a good brainstorm... Corporations should only have a vote when it comes to things that may affect their business, like Stem Cell in the Medical Field, or Fracking in the Oil (although the people should be able to veto what a corp votes for, if it affects their community or area, this is dependent on People actually doing the research on the subject or matter at hand). Media should report on the news and both sides of the issue, not just what the special interest groups want people to hear...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Some Bums are bums because the gov't didn't care of them... For Example, Like the Thousands of Vietnam Vets who came back to a government and country that hated what they did, or didn't do over there.. I know, they had a choice to either succeed or fail when they came back, but when the majority of the country was stacked against you. If a Vet, who was homeless wants to vote, let him or her, I don't have a problem. Now if your a bum because you are too busy getting high on drugs, $#@! you, you don't get to vote.
    Nobody is a bum because of someone else. Personal responsibility is number 1.

Veteran care on the other hand I agree with you. We should put our veterans first, before bums. All this welfare and other crap should be mitigated and whatever is necessary taken from there to provide the proper care for those who defend our country and agree to serve it.

it's a good brainstorm... Corporations should only have a vote when it comes to things that may affect their business, like Stem Cell in the Medical Field, or Fracking in the Oil (although the people should be able to veto what a corp votes for, if it affects their community or area, this is dependent on People actually doing the research on the subject or matter at hand). Media should report on the news and both sides of the issue, not just what the special interest groups want people to hear...
    It may even be better to say that corporate earnings can not be a factor or else they would bolster their voting power that way. Individuals in the corporations may vote and leave it like that. Income from stocks could be taxed as it is now but not allowed to be a factor in voting power. Or else they would play games with this, no doubt.

The Media problem is one I doubt will ever be fixed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

You know what's really funny... I've never really been into politics until after the current CnC was elected (whom I did vote for, and wish I hadn't, voters remorse?!?) It's influenced me enough that I am changing my degree from an English Creative Writing Degree, to Political Science...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

is it wrong for me to think he is a target for assassination?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Any members from the Middle East want to share here?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

(whom I did vote for, and wish I hadn't, voters remorse?!?) ...
    its ok, a lot of people made that mistake Click here to enlarge everyone makes mistakes, the goal is to not make the same mistakes twice

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    is it wrong for me to think he is a target for assassination?
    Whom are you speaking of hmmm? No don't answer that... don't want to incriminate anyone unnecessarily... I'm sure you could accomplish it very easily, seeing how you 'won' that competition recently...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

obviously, I do NOT want that on anyone, but those who stand to lose serious $$$$, it would seem like an option.

(and the EIB is basics, the other thing I do is what your referring to Click here to enlarge )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast