Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

(Final Dyno) ACG Build: C63 Weistec Stage 2

Here are the final results for ACG's Stage 2 build. The car had a few minor electrical issues that we sorted out over the past few days. What ended up being a faulty crank position sensor proved to be a real pain to diagnose. We made a few pulls yesterday in very hot weather and had to call it an early day. This morning we headed back to the dyno and below are the results…

-Weistec Engineering

Click here to enlarge

-Weistec Stage 2 Supercharger System
    -Weistec 5 axis CNC ported heads
    -91 Octane
    -MBH headers, MBH offroad x pipe, Akrapovic Catback
    -K&N filters
    Click here to enlarge
    World's First Supercharged M156 6.3L

CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

DAMN...
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What PSI?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    What PSI?
    x2, damn this thing puts down nice power and torque curves.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

awesome power curve no doubt, but you call this hot weather? i would kill for 2x% humidity and 8x degrees at this time of the month lol, my dyno would be done..
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Very respectable numbers Click here to enlarge 630 whp on a non-NOS 63 is very impressive Click here to enlarge

What kind of electrical issues did you guys come cross?
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Impressive numbers, good looking curve. good job

BTW what's the max torque that the 7G can handle?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks for the compliments guys. Boost is 13psi. We ran into an intermittent cam phasing issue which would throw a CEL randomly. Upon diagnosing the issue we found the crank position sensor to be causing this.

At this point we have not hit a limitation in torque or any power reduction due to torque limitations.

Weistec Engineering
    Click here to enlarge
    World's First Supercharged M156 6.3L

CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the compliments guys. Boost is 13psi. We ran into an intermittent cam phasing issue which would throw a CEL randomly. Upon diagnosing the issue we found the crank position sensor to be causing this.

At this point we have not hit a limitation in torque or any power reduction due to torque limitations.

Weistec Engineering
    Are you hitting any torque limitations running higher boost, ie 15psi?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

630 freaking wheel? Guy happy yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

oh my... that's one fast c63! run against a SC e92 m3! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    630 freaking wheel? Guy happy yet?
    Seems he's back to posting about it over on MBW. His initial driving impressions are that it is "undriveable" because the power is "instantaneous" and not as manageable as his AWD modded 996TT. This guy is a complete douche. 630whp on a heavy RWD 4 door - uhhhhh, DUH what did you think was gonna happen ??? It's already traction limited in stock form. Then he says quick lane changes in auto mode cause the car to kickdown a gear violently and essentially it's dangerous.
    Something tells me this idiot needs to spend some of his considerable wealth on a good driving school before one of his modded for tax purposes cars kills his dumb ass.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    His initial driving impressions are that it is "undriveable" because the power is "instantaneous" and not as manageable as his AWD modded 996TT.
    My initial impression of him acting idiotically still stands. Does he understand the difference between a positive displacement blower and turbos? What about RWD vs. AWD? He has a problem with throttle response that is too good? When has this ever been a problem?

Something tells me this idiot needs to spend some of his considerable wealth on a good driving school before one of his modded for tax purposes cars kills his dumb ass.
    This is one of those people that will never be happy and nitpick everything. The car is utterly ridiculous, I'll take the power delivery over a modded 996 TT (and M3) any day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

I'll take the power delivery over a modded 996 TT (and M3) any day.
    Die please. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

My initial impression of him acting idiotically still stands. Does he understand the different between a positive displacement blower and turbos? What about RWD vs. AWD? He has a problem with throttle response that is too good? When has this ever been a problem?

This is one of those people that will never be happy and nitpick everything. The car is utterly ridiculous, I'll take the power delivery over a modded 996 TT (and M3) any day.
    100%. This guy is just one of those jerks that will ALWAYS find something to complain about. And he tries to pass it off under the guise of being "odd" or "weird". Funny too that he complained about the it having problems with the ESP on - another big f'ing DUUUHHHH - cause it's spinning the rears at 100+ mph and sending every sensor in the car nuts. Manual, ESP off every time you start the car. Lastly...wasn't he the one pissing and moaning that Stage II wasn't making enough power???? LOL, some people man...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Promoted to front page.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Promoted to front page.
    LOL!!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

100%. This guy is just one of those jerks that will ALWAYS find something to complain about. And he tries to pass it off under the guise of being "odd" or "weird". Funny too that he complained about the it having problems with the ESP on - another big f'ing DUUUHHHH - cause it's spinning the rears at 100+ mph and sending every sensor in the car nuts. Manual, ESP off every time you start the car. Lastly...wasn't he the one pissing and moaning that Stage II wasn't making enough power???? LOL, some people man...
    Not enough power? Now it's too much? Click here to enlarge

I just want to commend ACG and Weistec for resolving this all professionally and for letting this guy essentially hang himself. They delivered as promised, now his problem is they gave him more than he can handle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Anyone who puts a supercharger on 63 and does not spend extramoney on new wheels particularly rears is wasting their time. From my oersknal experience with my supercharged black series 305s on rear are minimum requirement. The more I read the more this guy sounds like a petulant douchelord who will never be happy. Step 1 is get some bigger tyres mate

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

He is doing a widebody conversion I believe and looking to put 315's out back...That should help with the traction but then all that load is going to put a strain in the driveline. I'd bet he'll be looking at new axles sooner or later. Or maybe not since it's pretty apparent he can't drive to save his life...and from what it sounds like, that 630whp is just begging to take the life of someone who doesn't knwo what they;re doing. But you hit the nail square with the "petulant" comment. Describes him to a T.
    Regarding drivelines between platforms...some good info in that MBW thread as far as part numbers for Black Series transmissions. It would seem that they are built stronger than the C63 722.9. Strange, but with such limited production I wouldn't doubt it and we've seen plenty of trans failures with the C63. Hey Propain, you go to your local MB parts dept yet to confirm that ? LOL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge

Weistec Engineering
    I love what you guys are doing i cant wait for the M113 blower.
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 Lexus LS600hl
    2006 CLS55 AMG.
    508whp/564tq.
    171mph at The Texas mile 2011.
    Mods Everything.
    Going fast with class!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'll take the power delivery over a modded 996 TT (and M3) any day.
    You're nuts id take a 800+whp 996 TT over almost anything.
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 Lexus LS600hl
    2006 CLS55 AMG.
    508whp/564tq.
    171mph at The Texas mile 2011.
    Mods Everything.
    Going fast with class!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
    For what you're into money-wise with your CLS55 (car + mods), you could've had one... Click here to enlarge

Not rubbing it in... just sayin'.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

He is doing a widebody conversion I believe and looking to put 315's out back...That should help with the traction but then all that load is going to put a strain in the driveline. I'd bet he'll be looking at new axles sooner or later. Or maybe not since it's pretty apparent he can't drive to save his life...and from what it sounds like, that 630whp is just begging to take the life of someone who doesn't knwo what they;re doing. But you hit the nail square with the "petulant" comment. Describes him to a T.
    Regarding drivelines between platforms...some good info in that MBW thread as far as part numbers for Black Series transmissions. It would seem that they are built stronger than the C63 722.9. Strange, but with such limited production I wouldn't doubt it and we've seen plenty of trans failures with the C63. Hey Propain, you go to your local MB parts dept yet to confirm that ? LOL.
    ...not to mention strain on susspension components and wheel bearings because I highly doubt he's doing a proper wide body conversion which would entale new control arms and wider axxles, I'm sure he's just throwing on wider wheels with a funky offset and backspacing. The car will handle worse than stock once the "widebody conversion" is completed. Wide wheels and backspacing does not a widebody make. I'm sure its gonna look cool but its gonna handle like my Ford Raptor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
    The 996tt is a huge value especially compared to newer AMG's so then why not due it?

I'm not crazy at all though, turbo lag isn't my idea of fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast