Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

How to repair curb rash on gunmetal rims?

So unfortunate incident occurred driving through a really poorly maintained area. Was heading out of a parking area but the the curb(s) were too close together and there was a huge ass pickup parked right in front of the exit, so to avoid the front rim getting curb rash, I turned a bit too much and before I Knew it...!@#%!$!@#!@# !@#

Anyways, I need some advice on how to proceed as it isn't a small quarter sized rash, rather almost 4inches around the circumference of the rim Click here to enlarge

It's a pain in the ass when you drive carefully all the time and then out of nowhere $#@! like this happens. Anyone repair curb-rash rims before?

It's a powder coated VMR VB3 in Gunmetal.

p.s. I should definitely have gone with 275s in the rear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

ouchhh, you would have to go to a rim shop :/
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

take a picture of the painful scene to see how the damage is, maybe you can fix it yourself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Can't you get it refinished?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Can't you get it refinished?
    I'll ask VMR but shipping + refinish will probably be the same as getting a new rim presumably. I'll ask locally and see what they quote me. Will take the pics when I get a chance.