Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Very interesting in light of recent discussions

Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Hope things turn out ok this was going to be as interesting as jrcarts build
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I've been watching that build, too. That guys seems like your typical dude with money to burn on cars and thinks that a blower, exhaust, dif and new suspension are all something that can just be bolted up real quick and work perfectly. Everything takes time if you want it done perfectly, yet this guy is b!tching about it taking too much of his time - yet he seems to have plenty of time to post on the internet?? Who knows...perhaps ACG didn't manage his expectations very well ? Seems like overnight his tone has totally changed and now he's pissed off with them and Weistec ?? Over a "cam fault" ?? It's widely known that many of the 63 motors have a cam position sensor issue and it's an easy fix at the dealer. Wonder if that's what it is ??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Just don't want to see it scrapped so quick and if it does hope he sells me the weistec kit for 1/2 price

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I've been watching that build, too. That guys seems like your typical dude with money to burn on cars and thinks that a blower, exhaust, dif and new suspension are all something that can just be bolted up real quick and work perfectly. Everything takes time if you want it done perfectly, yet this guy is b!tching about it taking too much of his time - yet he seems to have plenty of time to post on the internet?? Who knows...perhaps ACG didn't manage his expectations very well ? Seems like overnight his tone has totally changed and now he's pissed off with them and Weistec ?? Over a "cam fault" ?? It's widely known that many of the 63 motors have a cam position sensor issue and it's an easy fix at the dealer. Wonder if that's what it is ??
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Just don't want to see it scrapped so quick and if it does hope he sells me the weistec kit for 1/2 price
    He sounds like a total drama queen. Now he's threatening to scrap the entire car, part it out and crush the chassis?? Doesn't that strike you as a bit drastic ????

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well, Dodger, I hope you get his blower for a good price if he sells it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sounds like he's upset with customer service. Maybe his expectations are too high. I don't know. Hard to tell at this point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Definitely an interesting turn of events for that build. For some reason though, I just can't imagine someone crushing their own vehicle because it didn't perform instead of returning it back to stock and maybe selling it or trading it in.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

^ Did you ever see that video of that Chinese business man who held a public event where people took bats too his Lamborgini because he was upset with the manufacturer? It was quite amusing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    ^ Did you ever see that video of that Chinese business man who held a public event where people took bats too his Lamborgini because he was upset with the manufacturer? It was quite amusing.
    Wow... that is also extreme... such a waste of money. I would love to see the video though Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The guy's acting like a complete popmpous douchebag...threatening to buy ACG and fire James/Peter. I've known James/Peter for a while now and they've always done right by me. They know what they're doing. I suspect they would be having cam issues, but not sure if this build changed the cams. I'm fairly sure that no one has figured out how to tune for cams, but folks are trying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Even Money Click here to enlarge
    The guy's acting like a complete popmpous douchebag...threatening to buy ACG and fire James/Peter. I've known James/Peter for a while now and they've always done right by me. They know what they're doing. I suspect they would be having cam issues, but not sure if this build changed the cams. I'm fairly sure that no one has figured out how to tune for cams, but folks are trying.
    I wish we were doing the build and he would offer to buy our shop, LOL. It's always a good day when you sell your business and move onto the next thing. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Wow... that is also extreme... such a waste of money. I would love to see the video though Click here to enlarge
    Here ya go:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Even Money Click here to enlarge
    100%. Total douche move. Just goes to show you how money makes people think they should be treated better than others...this guy is a perfect example. Hey, I agree a month is a long time...but it's not like he was having line locks installed....he's throwing just about everything you can throw at a C63 mod wise and when you do that - there are ALWAYS problems - especially when you do it all at the same time. I understand his frustration...but some of his comments are pretty off-putting.
    And he paid for everything in advance...LOL - yet calls himself a smart businessman??? I don't know any savvy people in business who would do such a thing and then brag about it....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

I love this guy, I'm a doucebag at times but he takes the crown, he makes me tolerable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I an pretty amazed that anyone would go at a project like this and expect it done quickly. People constantly expect this at work and do not realize that to work on something like this constantly would require 2-3 times what they are spending. Plus getting all the parts in and what not. All it takes is a couple of parts errors and you are back a week or two. I would think that this would be a minimum month job. Especially since it is not exactly daily territory for these cars yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whipplem104 Click here to enlarge
    I an pretty amazed that anyone would go at a project like this and expect it done quickly. People constantly expect this at work and do not realize that to work on something like this constantly would require 2-3 times what they are spending. Plus getting all the parts in and what not. All it takes is a couple of parts errors and you are back a week or two. I would think that this would be a minimum month job. Especially since it is not exactly daily territory for these cars yet.
    Anyone that would want a job like this rushed is an idiot, a month is nothing. This is the same kind of a Dbag that would be b!tching that "they rushed through it" when something breaks, the same kind of a Dbag that mods the hell out of his car the grenades his motor and then blames everybody but himself. If I were a tuner I would not even want to do business with a customer like this, no amount of money in the world could be worth it. This guy acts as if his car has been being worked on for months or even years...shaking head...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I get customers like this all time. I politely show them the door. Their money is not worth my headache...I have enough stressing me out at the shop as it is LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Anyone that would want a job like this rushed is an idiot, a month is nothing. This is the same kind of a Dbag that would be b!tching that "they rushed through it" when something breaks, the same kind of a Dbag that mods the hell out of his car the grenades his motor and then blames everybody but himself. If I were a tuner I would not even want to do business with a customer like this, no amount of money in the world could be worth it. This guy acts as if his car has been being worked on for months or even years...shaking head...
    I completely agree that this guy has said some really stupid things. And he talks about money more than anyone I've ever seen on the internet. And he says things like "who cares if we lose a motor or two in the process, they make more of them... I have the itch [to mod] and I can afford it... I'll buy the business that is taking to long... blah blah..."

But, what is it about his build that is difficult for seasoned professionals? I admit I don't know all the details of his build, but outside of machining new parts or stroking his motor, what could be the holdup? How long does it take to install a twin screw blower? 8-12 hrs. Exhaust? 3 hours. Headers? 4-6 hours. Everything is bolt on? No?

Like I said, I don't know all of the details. So I could be missing something big? But, what do you think gives?

If it's an cam sensor issue, or purge valve, gas cap, intake manifold leak... etc., I can see how it would take time to chase down the problem, especially when you're tuning and data logging and trying to dial the ECU in just right and make the engine run as intended, which I have no doubt, ACG is doing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I love this guy, I'm a doucebag at times but he takes the crown, he makes me tolerable.
    Haha, perhaps at times, but this guys appears to be a TOOL all the time! At least you've contributed valuable information over the years. All I know about jspAMG is he likes to throw loose change in the streets, write blank checks and pass them around, and total projects with bad cam sensors. I'd love to tour his factories in China. Click here to enlarge
    C63 w/ MHP LT headers and tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

this freakin' guy is amazing if he thinks a month is too long to wait for this build . about 12 years ago , i had an Acura Integra that i did a complete engine overhaul . nothing in the engine was not upgraded with complete custom turbo kit setup . car put down 517 whp . this build was done in 2 months and that's cuz they were using it as promo for their business .

maybe this guy should have called Xzibit and had them put a fireplace in the backseat or a juicer in the trunk . i know a month would have been good for these mods . Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I'm 99.9% sure that is Jim, owner of www.DDMTuning.com. Based on his location, cars, screen name, and talking about his huntington beach store. He is VERY eccentric on bimmerforums and bizarre but most definitely a good business man.

Edit: 100% sure.

Edit: Supposedly his wife is hot. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can understand his frustration, the car sounds like it is basically done but two shops have been passing the car back and forth on a flatbed for several weeks trying to sort out a computer issue, with no changes happening.

I think his attitude is a bit eccentric as Bren said, but with the car that close to completion then just getting stalled, I think that some action was warranted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

His Charles Manson stream-of-consciousness rants are extremely entertaining to read. I'm glued to that thread.

You can find similar rants on bimmerforums.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    I'm 99.9% sure that is Jim, owner of www.DDMTuning.com. Based on his location, cars, screen name, and talking about his huntington beach store. He is VERY eccentric on bimmerforums and bizarre but most definitely a good business man.

Edit: 100% sure.

Edit: Supposedly his wife is hot. Click here to enlarge
    I'm glad you posted a link to that website. I just went on it and found some cool stuff for washing my car. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast