Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
    Yes, last week I did about 20 passes bone stock with stock Pirellis. My fastest was 12.5 @ 115MPH so I expect this number to improve significantly with the tune + 265 rears (my trap should def jump) so I'd love to see if I can crack into the 11's...though I'm a novice at drag racing so I'm not sure if this is achievable on street rubber.
    That 12.5 and 115 was DA corrected right? What were your actual numbers? Not directed at you....but I can't stand corrections, you run what you run.

I'm guessing your actual trap was about 113? Either way, that's pretty good for stock, good luck going back!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I think that "if the dyno sheets are accurate". Is a very big statement hopefully you get a good bump in realworld power that you can feel and use.. And look forward to you coming to some rentals in the better weather so we can see what types of numbers can be laid down,,..
    Correct, that isn't my own dyno sheet. That is the dynosheet from the Eurocharged website which is why i said "if the dyno charts are accurate..."I broached this issue with Jerry re: the low baseline of 332 and he said that the Mustang reads notoriously low - the main area to focus on is the delta. Either way, I'm expecting big gains and excited to see how it feels. The ECU is sitting in my house waiting to be installed.
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

The prep was for $#@!! 1/2 of my runs I was spinning hossiers so.. Whatever he ran on Saturday in my opinion with some descent prep should be much better.. Watching bks car spinning after the 60' mark was a problem.. Against was a great day at the track but prep was bad!!!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    I think that "if the dyno sheets are accurate". Is a very big statement hopefully you get a good bump in realworld power that you can feel and use.. And look forward to you coming to some rentals in the better weather so we can see what types of numbers can be laid down,,..
    agreed, but also why we run in shootout mode. Big difference

You guys should run together and switch cars. Would be cool to see.
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge

Np.. I'm in for anything..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge

Np.. I'm in for anything..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

My non-corrected time was 12.77 @ 112.8...and like Dodger said, track prep was horrid and I was spinning all day. Either way, I'm going to try and make it to the track this Friday night.

So I just plugged the ecu in and I noticed the difference IMMEDIATELY upon start up. The exhaust is deeper and throatier...the humming after the engine settles is more resonant...sounds GREAT!

Since it's raining I couldn't take the car out for a proper spin but I did go around the block a couple times; first things first - just dipping into the throttle, I can feel the extra grunt immediately on the low end. Throttle response feels sharper, shifts feel more crisp and the kick downs are harder...shifted the car into neutral and discovered that the rev limited is gone!

Once the roads dry up, I'll take the car out for an extended road test...but so far, all signs look great!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Congrats on the tune! Cant wait to get a few runs in against your car, itll def be good fun.......FWIW I ran a 12.4@116.5 non-corrected with a 2.2+ 60ft when i went on street tires....your def going to pick up some mph with the tires and tune!! this rain sucks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

My non-corrected time was 12.77 @ 112.8...and like Dodger said, track prep was horrid and I was spinning all day.
    Cool...I think your trap is good for stock, better traction will get the ET down. Have fun Friday night. I'm gonna guess you trap about 117, you gonna run some drag radials?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Congrats Jason.

Keep in mind with that new power it's going to be even more difficult
    to control wheelspin.

I wish you would have made a few runs with your tire pressures were
    I suggested instead of stock pressures. This alone may have helped
    your 60' times and brought your ET's down even further.

Mike
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    Congrats Jason.

Keep in mind with that new power it's going to be even more difficult
    to control wheelspin.

I wish you would have made a few runs with your tire pressures were
    I suggested instead of stock pressures. This alone may have helped
    your 60' times and brought your ET's down even further.

Mike
    Hey Mike,
    Agreed - I'm definitely going to heed your advice and drop the pressure next time. I couldnt get my 60' below 2.1 so I know that's hurting me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

My non-corrected time was 12.77 @ 112.8...and like Dodger said, track prep was horrid and I was spinning all day. Either way, I'm going to try and make it to the track this Friday night.

So I just plugged the ecu in and I noticed the difference IMMEDIATELY upon start up. The exhaust is deeper and throatier...the humming after the engine settles is more resonant...sounds GREAT!

Since it's raining I couldn't take the car out for a proper spin but I did go around the block a couple times; first things first - just dipping into the throttle, I can feel the extra grunt immediately on the low end. Throttle response feels sharper, shifts feel more crisp and the kick downs are harder...shifted the car into neutral and discovered that the rev limited is gone!

Once the roads dry up, I'll take the car out for an extended road test...but so far, all signs look great!
    Good to hear! Ya, the first startup sound is truely just beautiful, its amazing that it doesn't come that way from the factory.

Now, go out and have some fun with her! Patiently waiting for results and further driving impressions
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I will be at the track tomorrow night. I have to sort thru my time slips from last week but just give me the week to get the actual slips up. I'll share driving impressions tomorrow night!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's the AFR look like on these new tunes? I have LTs and catless, so is this the same V3 I would get or is there a V3 for LTs/catless cars? I only ask about the AFR because I may have more mods in mind.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Congratulations on your new found power.

I was curious what you meant about shifting into neutral and discovering that the rev limiter is gone. Could you please elaborate?

I've never shifted my car in neutral while I was moving so I was wondering if there is a rev limiter in place with the stock tune? If so, what is the limit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    Congrats on the tune! Cant wait to get a few runs in against your car, itll def be good fun.......FWIW I ran a 12.4@116.5 non-corrected with a 2.2+ 60ft when i went on street tires....your def going to pick up some mph with the tires and tune!! this rain sucks
    What's up, some questions:

What are your mods for the 12.4 run? What is your best 60'? And what tires were you running for the best 60'?

I don't know ver much about M3's, so I'm interested in learning more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

best 60ft was a 2.18 on ps2 tires with heavy bbs lm rims (9.5 up front 11 in rear, 255 and 285)...i messed up a shift on that run so both my et and trap suffered......for the 12.4 run my 60ft was even worse

my mods are gintani full catless exhaust, ms pulley, ms filter, rpi scoops, custom oetuning dynotune, DCT

i have a new dragsetup that i want to try out at the track....practiced launching on the street a couple times and the car is def capable of high 11's without a doubt...launches like a bat out of hell with LC at 5500rpm and DRs

heres a vid of one of my 116 trap runs with a soft launch with a 2.2 or so 60ft:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

To say that I am excited is an understatement. This car is so fast in stock form, I can't even imagine what another 60-80WHP is going to feel like! Last weekend I hit Englishtown with a bunch of dudes from Exotics Rally (great guys) and my best DA corrected ET was 12.51 @ 115.1MPH. With newer, wider rubber en route and the tune, I can't help but think I can shave several 10ths off that time!

ECU should be delivered within the hour...I'll be swinging by my shop after work to have my new Hankook rubber mounted. I should have some initial driving impressions later this evening.
    Yes, last week I did about 20 passes bone stock with stock Pirellis. My fastest was 12.5 @ 115MPH so I expect this number to improve significantly with the tune + 265 rears (my trap should def jump) so I'd love to see if I can crack into the 11's...though I'm a novice at drag racing so I'm not sure if this is achievable on street rubber.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    Congratulations on your new found power.

I was curious what you meant about shifting into neutral and discovering that the rev limiter is gone. Could you please elaborate?

I've never shifted my car in neutral while I was moving so I was wondering if there is a rev limiter in place with the stock tune? If so, what is the limit?
    Some MBs, when out of gear, would rev up to about 4k and hold there... not sure if that's the case for stock-tuned C63s however.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

C63s come from the factory with a 4K rpm limiter in park and neutral. This is intentional and designed to protect the powertrain from undue stressed caused by reckless revving.

What I discovered after the tune is that the 4K limiter is still intact when the car is in park but is no longer there when the car is in neutral.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

best 60ft was a 2.18 on ps2 tires with heavy bbs lm rims (9.5 up front 11 in rear, 255 and 285)...i messed up a shift on that run so both my et and trap suffered......for the 12.4 run my 60ft was even worse

my mods are gintani full catless exhaust, ms pulley, ms filter, rpi scoops, custom oetuning dynotune, DCT

i have a new dragsetup that i want to try out at the track....practiced launching on the street a couple times and the car is def capable of high 11's without a doubt...launches like a bat out of hell with LC at 5500rpm and DRs

heres a vid of one of my 116 trap runs with a soft launch with a 2.2 or so 60ft:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-VUd...el_video_title

We're gonna have to do some rolling pulls bro :-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm stock right now, but I'm able to rev to the limiter in Park. I did that at the dealership...(That's what made me buy the car). lol

C63s come from the factory with a 4K rpm limiter in park and neutral. This is intentional and designed to protect the powertrain from undue stressed caused by reckless revving.

What I discovered after the tune is that the 4K limiter is still intact when the car is in park but is no longer there when the car is in neutral.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I am Jeff Click here to enlarge
    I'm stock right now, but I'm able to rev to the limiter in Park. I did that at the dealership...(That's what made me buy the car). lol
    You were able to rev it to redline? I'd like to hear other C63 owners chime in here because not only has it been my experience that 4K is the rev limit in P and N, I've also read this in multiple reviews.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-VUd...el_video_title
    Very cool info. Thanks. 5500 rpm launches sound mean. I'm sure you'll hit your target when you get the good launches.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Some MBs, when out of gear, would rev up to about 4k and hold there... not sure if that's the case for stock-tuned C63s however.
    Thanks, Brett. How's it going? Hopefully well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Good info, thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast