Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great times in that DA! Shows huge potential. Cant wait to see the vids. What were your average run times? The posted run was obviously your best but were you running close to that or were you switching up pulleys a lot and tweaking most of the time?

Ohh and the big question.... Did you get the car to shift in auto while running at 15psi?
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Good job guys. Jim - are you able to meet in Vegas on the 19th? Runs will likely be slower but...well....its vegas so I am sure the after racing events will be better!
    Earl, I will will be partying in the in the infield at the Michigan NASCAR race that weekend, its an anual get together for me and a bunch of my buddies. Vegas I faster than Fontana Jat least my experiences) even in the summer months if you can get out at night, don't waste your time on any daytime passes in August, temps drop into low 80s at night.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Good to see some real times finally. The trap speeds are pretty good for the conditions.
    Would love to see a data log of the run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Earl, I will will be partying in the in the infield at the Michigan NASCAR race that weekend, its an anual get together for me and a bunch of my buddies. Vegas I faster than Fontana Jat least my experiences) even in the summer months if you can get out at night, don't waste your time on any daytime passes in August, temps drop into low 80s at night.
    Jim, next time then. The car will be going out east sometime in late Aug or Sept...might fly out fo a race or two before it gets to Florida so maybe we will hook up at som point.

Racing starts from 9pm and goes to 1am on the 19th so all will be good (I just have to deal with 9 hours time change...) Steve and Joseph will be coming to tell me what I am doing wrong so it will be fun.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good job guys. Jim - are you able to meet in Vegas on the 19th? Runs will likely be slower but...well....its vegas so I am sure the after racing events will be better!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Joseph - I assume the smiley face means you are coming to Vegas with Steve and my transmission guy! I will be coming from S.A. so if I am tired you can drive no??? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
    It was a GTR
    I was way off. haha Thanks for the response.

Well, that really shows what some of the cars were running. Although, I would think the GTR would have a better 60' so I guess that was probably due to poor track prep.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Going to take everyone dodging the 15psi auto shift question as a no. So lzh I'm ready when you are Click here to enlarge

Still a 10.8@130 in that weather is solid and good for I would guess 10.5 or better out east with better stick and air. I would say 10.4 or even 10.3 but a trunkful of ice will eliminate a lot of the DA issue. Anyone know what humidity was? I guess I can look that up on my own.
    Wouldnt mind seeing what propain asked for as far as others slips, no question the prep was hurting you judging by gain on second half of track vs first.

Thx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    Going to take everyone dodging the 15psi auto shift question as a no. So lzh I'm ready when you are Click here to enlarge

Still a 10.8@130 in that weather is solid and good for I would guess 10.5 or better out east with better stick and air. I would say 10.4 or even 10.3 but a trunkful of ice will eliminate a lot of the DA issue. Anyone know what humidity was? I guess I can look that up on my own.
    Wouldnt mind seeing what propain asked for as far as others slips, no question the prep was hurting you judging by gain on second half of track vs first.

Thx
    if you could read you would see that Steve said it was 12-13 pounds, couldn't hook well with 13 psi so 14 or 15 was even more useless, or is that too difficult for your dense skull to rationalize?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if you could read you would see that Steve said it was 12-13 pounds, couldn't hook well with 13 psi so 14 or 15 was even more useless, or is that too difficult for your dense skull to rationalize?
    Can you please answer my question? About mods, car prep, tire setup.. It would be real nice to no exactly how the car was configured
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge

Thx
    I don't no if it would be that great of a run for some reason when you correct the numbers compared to the DA it's not a big difference with f/I vehicles??
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Can you please answer my question? About mods, car prep, tire setup.. It would be real nice to no exactly how the car was configured
    mods....sc and some other things
    car prep...I would bet it was washed and waxed but I could be wrong about the wax
    tire set up...i am pretty sure he used 4 tyres and 4 wheels

why does it matter so much to you exactly how it was set up? if it was new tyres or old would it stop you from buying the SC?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Drag radials, skinnies up front, full interior including passenger seat in place. Keep in mind ice/water tank is 20 plus gallons extra 175 pounds wet, although the weight is strategically located low and just behind rear axle so not sure if it helps or hinders drag performance, my guess it helps on launch but then the extra weight kicks in down track and slows trap speeds slightly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    mods....sc and some other things
    car prep...I would bet it was washed and waxed but I could be wrong about the wax
    tire set up...i am pretty sure he used 4 tyres and 4 wheels

why does it matter so much to you exactly how it was set up? if it was new tyres or old would it stop you from buying the SC?
    What does it matter how the car was setup to run this?? Are you serious?? Really!! 4 tires are you joking, I can't even begin to explain it to u if u asked that question!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    There was a very high degree of sarcasm in my post however I am not joking as I am sure Jim was using 4 tyres (although I could be wrong). It seems like it is very important to you as you are asking for your question to be answered NOW even though you must be aware they are out racing at the moment....

When I am in Vegas I will be sure to phone you after each run to tell you exactly how the car was set up after each run (and yes I am joking).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for not answering some of the questions guys. We were all very tired last night but give us some credit, we did manage to scan and post a time slip! The car ran on 275/40-17 Mickey Thompson drag radials, and a set of 18" CCW front runners. Nothing was removed from the car, as this was a true way to test the car and its true performance. The car does however have light weight seats.

On a supercharged car the DA does effect the performance because the impeller RPM is fixed. Yes you can swap pulleys, but that given pulley size will give you a maximum achieved RPM and this is calculated from engine RPM. On a turbocharged car the DA does not effect performance (as much) because turbochargers target a certain boost pressure via a boost controller or the wastegate spring depending on how that particular car is set up. These two methods only know pressure, so when they see the desired pressure they open the wastegate. It will hit the same pressure at any drag strip. This is no excuse for us but this is some of the science behind it.

Although we would rather prove this on the track, 15psi is kind of a made up number at this point. We can say that we are not having any kind of calibration issues weather it be ECU or TCU related, but again no excuses. We will be back at the track to show this as this seems like the best way to prove its worthiness.
    Click here to enlarge
    Home of the World's Fastest Mercedes

CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

Instagram
    Facebook

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Drag radials, skinnies up front, full interior including passenger seat in place. Keep in mind ice/water tank is 20 plus gallons extra 175 pounds wet, although the weight is strategically located low and just behind rear axle so not sure if it helps or hinders drag performance, my guess it helps on launch but then the extra weight kicks in down track and slows trap speeds slightly.
    Did you have the valved kws, what size and weight were the 4 tires you ran with.

You mention the ice? So that basically takes the DA factor out of the equation..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

There was a very high degree of sarcasm in my post however I am not joking as I am sure Jim was using 4 tyres (although I could be wrong). It seems like it is very important to you as you are asking for your question to be answered NOW even though you must be aware they are out racing at the moment....

When I am in Vegas I will be sure to phone you after each run to tell you exactly how the car was set up after each run (and yes I am joking).
    You have to understand that with the weight of these cars and the relative power levels and the great times that they are capable of, setting up the car is really important. Skinnys up front, for example, can net .2-.3 quicker ET's. That's a big deal if you're trying to get the best time. And Dodger is almost always trying to run as quick and fast as he can. So, I assume, he's just trying to understand as much as he can about jcart's setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for not answering some of the questions guys. We were all very tired last night but give us some credit, we did manage to scan and post a time slip! The car ran on 275/40-17 Mickey Thompson drag radials, and a set of 18" CCW front runners. Nothing was removed from the car, as this was a true way to test the car and its true performance. The car does however have light weight seats.

On a supercharged car the DA does effect the performance because the impeller RPM is fixed. Yes you can swap pulleys, but that given pulley size will give you a maximum achieved RPM and this is calculated from engine RPM. On a turbocharged car the DA does not effect performance (as much) because turbochargers target a certain boost pressure via a boost controller or the wastegate spring depending on how that particular car is set up. These two methods only know pressure, so when they see the desired pressure they open the wastegate. It will hit the same pressure at any drag strip. This is no excuse for us but this is some of the science behind it.

Although we would rather prove this on the track, 15psi is kind of a made up number at this point. We can say that we are not having any kind of calibration issues weather it be ECU or TCU related, but again no excuses. We will be back at the track to show this as this seems like the best way to prove its worthiness.
    Very informative post. Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

That and you guys are busy hashing out your plans for the 19th on the forums.... LOL I never understood that. "Hey lets share with everyone our plans" PM and phones are wonderful tools unless your just doing it for everyone else to see. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So 2 12# race seats and obviously the bs has no rear seats
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Thank you for a normal answer. I would say if you guys wanna sell more SC's you should do the talking...

The question is can it shift in auto at 15psi?? Did it shift in auto at 12 and 13psi? Will you be showing a video of this? What were your average times?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So 2 12# race seats and obviously the bs has no rear seats
    ya bro...it's been common knowledge on the boards that I am running carbon fiber Sparco CLK DTM seats, and BS's have no rear seats....props to Mr. Obvious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    Thank you for a normal answer. I would say if you guys wanna sell more SC's you should do the talking...

The question is can it shift in auto at 15psi?? Did it shift in auto at 12 and 13psi? Will you be showing a video of this? What were your average times?
    again, read his earlier post it clearly states 12-13 pounds in auto S. You guys are beating a dead horse on ththis automatic issue, Andy...I mean Barfly (ya right LOL) has no clue about what he's talking abou. The car shifts all day in full auto WOT, case closed!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    again, read his earlier post it clearly states 12-13 pounds in auto S. You guys are beating a dead horse on ththis automatic issue, Andy...I mean Barfly (ya right LOL) has no clue about what he's talking abou. The car shifts all day in full auto WOT, case closed!!!!
    @15psi. Prove it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast