Close

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Just wanted to add they are working with Texas dealers as well and that Texas will eventually be cracking down on emissions as well. Even when they do, this should likely be covered.
    if i was worried about emissions , i would have never gone the route i did . there's always a way to get an inspection Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is just the beginning. Plus, Stage III's are coming. There is absolutely no way boost will not produce the higher power numbers on this platform. The evolution of the platform will go down this route, it is inevitable.
    Maybe...nitrous is also a very valuable tool. It keeps things cool and doesn't add extra weight. It's also about 20x cheaper than the supercharger. Obviously the supercharger IS all around superior since it is always on and since Jrcart's CLK is not just a drag strip terror but a road course bruiser and fun street car as well.

Stage 3 will be great but wouldn't you need to build the transmission, axles, pistons, rods...? We are looking at stupid money for what something basic like a turbo-swap CL600 could do. The CLK63 SC will kick the sh*t out of it on the road course but on the streets and drag strip I don't know. Of course to each his own though and if you have an unlimited check book, why not? Click here to enlarge

I also take into account that this car is still in the testing phase and just by tuning and tweaking the setup that the acceleration numbers can drop substantially.

I am very happy that MB is moving forwards as a platform since the BMW world has been turbocharging and supercharging their M's for years and years. Revenge is sweet Click here to enlarge
    his: _______________ hers: Mitsubishi Evolution X
    gone: R35 GT-R,
    C6 Z06, V2 CTS-V, E60 M5 SMG, CLK500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    Maybe...nitrous is also a very valuable tool. It keeps things cool and doesn't add extra weight. It's also about 20x cheaper than the supercharger. Obviously the supercharger IS all around superior since it is always on and since Jrcart's CLK is not just a drag strip terror but a road course bruiser and fun street car as well.
    True, nitrous is great and I love it but not always there. Also, nitrous can be added on top of a blower, right?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    Stage 3 will be great but wouldn't you need to build the transmission, axles, pistons, rods...? We are looking at stupid money for what something basic like a turbo-swap CL600 could do. The CLK63 SC will kick the sh*t out of it on the road course but on the streets and drag strip I don't know. Of course to each his own though and if you have an unlimited check book, why not?
    Yep, you will likely need to do all that. What is the big deal though, I'm basically doing all that.

A turbo swap CL600 is still a big boat without the same top end and turbo lag. The CLK63 Black Series with a built motor and big boost is lighter, better handling, and will run circles around it.

With the built motor vs. the turbo swap CL600 it becomes a game of adding the most boost for the most power. The CLK will be the superior car with the superior motor design and WAY more fun to drive.

I am very happy that MB is moving forwards as a platform since the BMW world has been turbocharging and supercharging their M's for years and years. Revenge is sweet
    Hey, we've still got the faster cars Click here to enlarge

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910