Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Video of a C63 with decatted stock exhaust

Personally, I think it sounds like $#@!. Just sounds terrible while he is sitting there revving it. Once he gets on it it sounds decent but this is begging for an aftermarket rear section and some X-pipe I would think:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

i like it !!!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yeah, I hate when people f*ck with the C63 exhaust. Honestly have never heard a good aftermarket setup.

I have said it many times, it sounds perfect from factory.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge

I have said it many times, it sounds perfect from factory.
    Prob best and loudest stock exhaust under 100k
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    Prob best and loudest stock exhaust under 100k
    This and a Z06. I highly agree, one of the best exhaust notes for stock is the c63.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I think it sounds pretty bad. And the car is in "C" mode. It would be even louder and sound more repulsive (to me) if it was in "S" mode.
    I love the stock exhaust but I wish it was louder-- same tone and pitch, just louder.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    I think it sounds pretty bad. And the car is in "C" mode. It would be even louder and sound more repulsive (to me) if it was in "S" mode.
    I love the stock exhaust but I wish it was louder-- same tone and pitch, just louder.
    an xpipe will do that for you! keep stock headers and catback.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    an xpipe will do that for you! keep stock headers and catback.
    Actually, from what I've read, the x-pipe will barely increase the loudness [volume] if everything else is kept stock. But, it will make the sound a little higher pitched.

Btw, I agree, the Z06 has a great stock exhaust.

I think on the C63, LT's and the rest stock would be a good setup. But it would be loud as $#@! for DD.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Actually, from what I've read, the x-pipe will barely increase the loudness [volume] if everything else is kept stock. But, it will make the sound a little higher pitched.

Btw, I agree, the Z06 has a great stock exhaust.

I think on the C63, LT's and the rest stock would be a good setup. But it would be loud as $#@! for DD.
    Hell yea LT's would be nice grunt! Does this car have 4 cats? 2 in the headers and 2 in the xpipe?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    puked in my mouth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Hell yea LT's would be nice grunt! Does this car have 4 cats? 2 in the headers and 2 in the xpipe?
    Yes, it has 4 cats--2 primaries and 2 secondaries. There is no x-pipe on the C63. But after the second cats there is a resonator box and inside that resonator there is a very tiny H-pipe. Apparently, AMG uses a similar setup with the SLS (talking about the H-pipe in the resonator).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Straight pipe gives you a high pitch sound which is much louder than stock, in the other hand X-Pipe gives you a deeper sound.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Straight pipe gives you a high pitch sound which is much louder than stock, in the other hand X-Pipe gives you a deeper sound.
    Definitely something to consider. Thanks. I'm always thinking about doing something different to my exhaust.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

WTF is that $#@!!? Sounds like someone put a bunch of rocks in tin cans.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

^ I thought the same exact thing. Tumbling rocks in metal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Definitely something to consider. Thanks. I'm always thinking about doing something different to my exhaust.
    Always my pleasure. I believe you are thinking about right thing, LT is the best option for getting a unique sound.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    WTF is that $#@!!? Sounds like someone put a bunch of rocks in tin cans.
    My thoughts exactly. Probably removed the resonators too. Remove the secondary cats and add xpipe and keep the resonators. Pretty much stock sound but a little louder.

I think the stock sound is perfect though. Perfect for a Mercedes.
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    My thoughts exactly. Probably removed the resonators too. Remove the secondary cats and add xpipe and keep the resonators. Pretty much stock sound but a little louder.

I think the stock sound is perfect though. Perfect for a Mercedes.
    That makes sense about the resonator.

The C63 exhaust is one of the coolest things an OEM manufacturer has done exhaust-wise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Always my pleasure. I believe you are thinking about right thing, LT is the best option for getting a unique sound.
    Most definitely.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

The C63 exhaust is one of the coolest things an OEM manufacturer has done exhaust-wise.
    Yes, C63 stock exhaust has a mean bark and that's because basically you can't make anything better than that.
    the internal surface is like a mirror, shows how serious AMG is about exhaust note.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes, C63 stock exhaust has a mean bark and that's because basically you can't make anything better than that.
    the internal surface is like a mirror, shows how serious AMG is about exhaust note.
    Very cool to know about the internal surface.

Yeah, the bark is nice. Cold starts, especially sound great.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

An x-pipe will yield more low down torque but will reduce the volume of the exhaust and reduce overall aggressiveness of the exhaust note.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maverick1975 Click here to enlarge
    An x-pipe will reduce the volume of the exhaust and reduce overall aggressiveness of the exhaust note.
    not sure what do you mean, X-pipe does give car a louder noise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Well not on my SL63 it sure didn't make it louder. The before and after reduction in volume was dramatic. Torque improvement was very noticeable but the car became so quiet that i had to reduce one set of the mufflers to get the aggresiveness back. Have you done it to your car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maverick1975 Click here to enlarge
    Well not on my SL63 it sure didn't make it louder. The before and after reduction in volume was dramatic. Torque improvement was very noticeable but the car became so quiet that i had to reduce one set of the mufflers to get the aggresiveness back.
    What exhaust exactly you have on your SL63? it should give you more growl.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maverick1975
    Have you done it to your car?
    Yes, on my M's i had X-pipe and all had a much louder sound than silenced factory sound.