Close

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Jim told me today he's doing Fontana 1/4 mile Sat night on full drag setup. Then switching back over to road course setup for Fontana running the infield on Sunday.
    I was gonna go out but I'm playing in the 6 man tournament in Manhattan Beach all weekend Click here to enlarge
    Volleyball?
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Jim told me today he's doing Fontana 1/4 mile Sat night on full drag setup. Then switching back over to road course setup for Fontana running the infield on Sunday.
    I was gonna go out but I'm playing in the 6 man tournament in Manhattan Beach all weekend Click here to enlarge
    I'll shoot a Jim a text.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    Was fwd'd as MMS. Comment about fastest 100mph I've ever been at end. Same one?
    Perhaps, comment at the end was, "THAT was a quick 100mph, hahahaha".

AFAIK BS is 3.06:1, all other 63s are 2.82 and 2.85.

So something in the 3.0-3.06 range based on 2.82 to start.

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3784.html

Again, you are wrong about the final drive ratio. Your supercars link doesn't even show the FINAL drive it lists each individual ratio...Lots of other sites online list the FINAL drive ratio:

http://www.marcusfitzhugh.com/CLK/W209BSspec.html

http://www.carfolio.com/specificatio...ar/?car=155639

How so? Want the truth ask the owner. ???
    Why is that bad? He's running less boost now when they figure it out it will make more power.
    Kind of a dickhead post on your part IMO. Starting to see why others don't like you.
    So you post something and are asked about it and that's all you have to say ? Ask the owner ? Sorry, but if that's all you can come up with then why post anything at all ?? I'll stand by "d!ckhead" description and most of the people who don't like me are the guys like you who post misinformation and incorrect technical details and then get called out for it. Do a little fact checking and perhaps that won't happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    Volleyball?
    LOL - yeah, 6 man in the sand. Kind of a tradition...We usually advance to Sunday. If we don't, I'll try to make it out to Fontana.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'll shoot a Jim a text.
    Just a heads up...the event Sun is being done by Evosport so...well, you get the idea Click here to enlarge
    Figured you were only interested in the drags anyway...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

LOL - yeah, 6 man in the sand. Kind of a tradition...We usually advance to Sunday. If we don't, I'll try to make it out to Fontana.
    Very nice. That event is amazing. SO MANY PEOPLE. The girls are nuts! The only other time Ive ever see that many people on a beach is here on Long Island during the Jones Beach Airshow.
    Take some pics and good luck.
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Just a heads up...the event Sun is being done by Evosport so...well, you get the idea Click here to enlarge
    Figured you were only interested in the drags anyway...
    Only interested in the drags but I'm sure they would love to see me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Perhaps, comment at the end was, "THAT was a quick 100mph, hahahaha".
    Sounds like it, miss the VBox planted in the windshield? Rather see that at 100 than the speedo.

Again, you are wrong about the final drive ratio. Your supercars link doesn't even show the FINAL drive it lists each individual ratio...Lots of other sites online list the FINAL drive ratio:

http://www.marcusfitzhugh.com/CLK/W209BSspec.html

http://www.carfolio.com/specificatio...ar/?car=155639
    Lots of sites list the CLK ratio and assume it's for the BS, I can find as many including car and driver and motor trend which are arguably better sources than anything posted previously and all state 6% shorter diff gearing. You say you have connections at MB and AMG, call them and ask them about the 3.0X ratio in your diff. Post on the AMG P lounge and ask.

So you post something and are asked about it and that's all you have to say ? Ask the owner ? Sorry, but if that's all you can come up with then why post anything at all ?? I'll stand by "d!ckhead" description and most of the people who don't like me are the guys like you who post misinformation and incorrect technical details and then get called out for it. Do a little fact checking and perhaps that won't happen.
    I don't have to "come up with" anything. Why beat around the bush, ask the source, too much of this internet BS is speculation. I guess I should have posted lets ask lzh ???

It's not making 650rw now but it drives so who cares. Also you can't disprove anything I say from the 100mph attained, you are flat out wrong about gearing, and you obviously dont know much about the boost situation on that car. So please just save it and the crewchief speech for someone who believes it.

I stand by my comments and will watch you eat crow because I'm right. Car wouldn't shift at 14-15psi so they dropped it and magically it shifts now. Still makes good power at 11psi so get over yourself. Nice of you to basically copy and paste a line from MHP lecturing OE in bold above.

Last, I don't think Ive ever seen you contribute anything positive on any forum. You swung from Brads nuts before being banned from mbw and have found another wagon to jump on, good for you. Now try and grasp the concept that facts are facts and no matter how much you thump your chest online it doesnt make you any more knowledgeable.

You're also wrong about anyone eliminating all TCU torque limiters as I said before so add another one to the pile.

It's not even your car so don't get so defensive. If anyone here needs to do research it's you, you own a BS and don't even know what kind of gearing is out back. Try not to be an ass for once in your life after you find out you're wrong on all counts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Only interested in the drags but I'm sure they would love to see me.
    Take a camera and watch the boost guage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Lots of sites list the CLK ratio and assume it's for the BS, I can find as many including car and driver and motor trend which are arguably better sources than anything posted previously and all state 6% shorter diff gearing. You say you have connections at MB and AMG, call them and ask them about the 3.0X ratio in your diff. Post on the AMG P lounge and ask.
    Lots of sites also list 2:82...you are simply doing the math and taking away 6% of the total...which is assumptive at best because we all know the BS locking dif wasn't based on any other 63 platform...it was made specifically for the BS and then adapted to other performance package cars.
    But, I find it interesting that you could see the display on the Vbox in a video sent to you via MMS Click here to enlarge
    You are full of sh!t and you know it. First you say he didn't hit 100mph based on the gear he was in and the rear axle final drive ratio. Now you are saying you saw it on the Vbox ??? Really? Then why didn't you say that in the first place ?? Again, cause your full of sh!t and regurgitating info you apparently heard from someone else - whomever forwarded you the video. I spoke to Jim. He sent me the video and you can't make out SH!T on that tiny little Vbox. But nice try douchebag. I'd post the video for everyone to see but Jim asked me not to as he will be posting lots of info after the weekend. So, I'll respect his wishes and not steal his thunder.

I don't have to "come up with" anything. Why beat around the bush, ask the source, too much of this internet BS is speculation.
    LOL - exactly. YOU are the only person speculating in this thread and have really contributed a big goose egg which leads me to believe you have some sort of agenda.

It's not making 650rw now but it drives so who cares. Also you can't disprove anything I say from the 100mph attained, you are flat out wrong about gearing, and you obviously dont know much about the boost situation on that car. So please just save it and the crewchief speech for someone who believes it.

I stand by my comments and will watch you eat crow because I'm right. Car wouldn't shift at 14-15psi so they dropped it and magically it shifts now. Still makes good power at 11psi so get over yourself. Nice of you to basically copy and paste a line from MHP lecturing OE in bold above.

Last, I don't think Ive ever seen you contribute anything positive on any forum. You swung from Brads nuts before being banned from mbw and have found another wagon to jump on, good for you. Now try and grasp the concept that facts are facts and no matter how much you thump your chest online it doesnt make you any more knowledgeable.

You're also wrong about anyone eliminating all TCU torque limiters as I said before so add another one to the pile.

It's not even your car so don't get so defensive. If anyone here needs to do research it's you, you own a BS and don't even know what kind of gearing is out back. Try not to be an ass for once in your life after you find out you're wrong on all counts.
    The one thing you are right about is that it's only making 11psi. As of now...cause they built THREE SETS OF PULLEYS. One for the street, which was on the car when the video in question was taken. Another set of pulleys for the drag strip and a third set for road courses.
    So who is full of sh!t and wrong on all counts ?? LOL. I'm done with this clown. Sorry for taking the thread down the usual offroad sh!t trail but this douche has no clue what he's talking about.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Take a camera and watch the boost guage.
    I didn't receive a response from Jim, we'll see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lots of sites also list 2:82...you are simply doing the math and taking away 6% of the total...which is assumptive at best because we all know the BS locking dif wasn't based on any other 63 platform...it was made specifically for the BS and then adapted to other performance package cars.
    Really, what other cars does the BS diff fit? MB says none. MKB tried it already.

I have seen 3.06 in a few articles which is why I mentioned that exact number. Again though doing the math at 6% it's 3.0 something. Again Private Lounge and then feel free to apologize.
    But, I find it interesting that you could see the display on the Vbox in a video sent to you via MMS Click here to enlarge
    You are full of sh!t and you know it. First you say he didn't hit 100mph based on the gear he was in and the rear axle final drive ratio. Now you are saying you saw it on the Vbox ??? Really? Then why didn't you say that in the first place ?? Again, cause your full of sh!t and regurgitating info you apparently heard from someone else - whomever forwarded you the video. I spoke to Jim. He sent me the video and you can't make out SH!T on that tiny little Vbox. But nice try douchebag. I'd post the video for everyone to see but Jim asked me not to as he will be posting lots of info after the weekend. So, I'll respect his wishes and not steal his thunder.
    Really? Never did I say I could see the vbox display, just that there was one. Seriously? You got that from what I wrote? LOL you are unbelievable. I said I'd rather see it on the vbox than the speedo. Given the difference in accuracy and also the car having non stock size wheels, tires and overall dia which would you rather see the data on. That's what I thought.

Amazing you can deduce so much nonsense from a simple statement. Nice work.

LOL - exactly. YOU are the only person speculating in this thread and have really contributed a big goose egg which leads me to believe you have some sort of agenda.
    You're paranoid. No speculation on my behalf feel free to repost any you find, based on the vbox display misunderstanding Im not sure youre the best judge for anything reading compreshension based but we can try for fun.

The one thing you are right about is that it's only making 11psi. As of now...cause they built THREE SETS OF PULLEYS. One for the street, which was on the car when the video in question was taken. Another set of pulleys for the drag strip and a third set for road courses.
    So who is full of sh!t and wrong on all counts ?? LOL. I'm done with this clown. Sorry for taking the thread down the usual offroad sh!t trail but this douche has no clue what he's talking about.
    Wait, I contributed nothing and am wrong on all counts but I'm right it's only making 11psi and youre now half assedly admitting it? I guess thats progress, for you anyway. 11psi is the most boost it will shift in auto with so if he wants to change pulleys and shift in manual so be it. No $#@! he has more than 1 set, did you think they threw the other ones away? ROFL.

I'm not going to continue down the personal comment road with you, you are a known ethug, I'll leave it at that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I'm not half ass admitting anything. It makes 11 psi with the street pulley. The other pulleys make 15psi and from what I am told by the horses mouth (and not some third party like you) it shifts fine due to the torque limiting Steve has been able to crack. Not sure who you are getting your information from....why don't you tell us because clearly you have been dodgy from the get go in this thread which leads me to believe you have some agenda. So, who are you speaking to that you think you know what your talking about ? Or, do you not want to be transparent about this and hide behind you keyboard ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Was that on your 20's?

Hmmmmm, I don't think so. I wanna say it was on my stock 18's.
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKECRhvlf4