Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

BB: There was no solution. And there really isn't, other than you guys. Unless you guys know of something else?

S: Nope.

None of you guys (Sticky and the Weistec guys) are familiar with the Xtra Power kit? Isn't there a thread about it on BB?

Regardless, nice interview... I appreciate you sharing this with the Benz enthusiast community. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great interview, have questions

If they aren't having torque limiter issues with the supercharger then why did they have to drop boost on J's BS in order to get it out the door?

I'm not buying that explanation or the wheelspin on dyno, I think I need to see the video of that for proof. I've never seen anything under 1000HP spin the tires something in the 600s shldn't even be close to that. Not sure I buy the carbon fiber wheel resonance theory either? Dymags are part Mg part CF right? Has anyone else with Dymags experienced this?

DTM is right there is another blower kit but it's a roots, I mean why even bother with a roots blower in 2011? and the ecu has a piggyback. I think it's Xtra or something along those lines. Weistec looks like a much better kit at least IMHO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't doubt the wheelspin on the dyno. BS is light in the rear, has lots of negative camber, dymags are light as hell and putting that amount of power to a roller is not as straighforward as it sounds. Plus I don't think they had the torque limiting figured out at that point. And from what I understand, they can now (thru the OBD II) get rid of ALL torque limiting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I don't doubt the wheelspin on the dyno. BS is light in the rear, has lots of negative camber, dymags are light as hell and putting that amount of power to a roller is not as straighforward as it sounds. Plus I don't think they had the torque limiting figured out at that point. And from what I understand, they can now (thru the OBD II) get rid of ALL torque limiting.
    I've seen 1400HP cars with centrifugals not spin, how does a car with such linear curves spin with only 600rw? camber? no way. A 2200lb shelby Cobra replica is light in the rear, no Mercedes is by comparison. The car is hooked up and boost is linear so there's no reason for anything to break loose. It's not like it got hit with 100% of a 200 shot at once or the 80mm single just spooled.

If they removed all tq limiters the car would $#@! a stall converter every 5 miles. Also if they removed all tq limiters why did they have to drop boost to get the car to shift in auto? Doesnt make sense to me. Sounds like they are still working on it.

The Stage 1 kits seem to be making great numbers in ecampbells car and others.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good read, nice job Joe.

FWIW the largest difference between M156 and M159 cylinder heads are the +1mm exhaust valves (33mm in M156 and 34mm in M159).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    None of you guys (Sticky and the Weistec guys) are familiar with the Xtra Power kit? Isn't there a thread about it on BB?

Regardless, nice interview... I appreciate you sharing this with the Benz enthusiast community. Click here to enlarge
    was thinking the same thing...

great interview tho sticky.....thanks for doing this!!!
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    LOL... sometimes modding takes time bro Click here to enlarge

Just joking man... I know your car has been taking a long time; probably a good 2 years now. So do you know what's the status right now with the build? Is it 50% done, 70%, 90% ? Are things going smoothly aside from supplier scheduling and such? I can't wait to see that beast when it's done. It should be the baddest car on the track Click here to enlarge
    Check this thread, want to keep this one on course: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-BMW-DCT-Build

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge

Yes, Xtra-Power was mentioned and obviously we both were familiar with it.

But, Xtra-Power has not been demonstrated in the USA in kit form or with attempting CARB certification or anything like that. So, Weistec really is the only full solution for US customers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    If they aren't having torque limiter issues with the supercharger then why did they have to drop boost on J's BS in order to get it out the door?
    Where did you hear this from?

I'm not buying that explanation or the wheelspin on dyno, I think I need to see the video of that for proof. I've never seen anything under 1000HP spin the tires something in the 600s shldn't even be close to that. Not sure I buy the carbon fiber wheel resonance theory either? Dymags are part Mg part CF right? Has anyone else with Dymags experienced this?
    I'm waiting on the video which they said they would look for.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    was thinking the same thing...

great interview tho sticky.....thanks for doing this!!!
    My pleasure, happy to do it.

Would like to do something like this with you guys but you are a little too far away unfortunately.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've seen 1400HP cars with centrifugals not spin, how does a car with such linear curves spin with only 600rw? camber? no way. A 2200lb shelby Cobra replica is light in the rear, no Mercedes is by comparison. The car is hooked up and boost is linear so there's no reason for anything to break loose. It's not like it got hit with 100% of a 200 shot at once or the 80mm single just spooled.

If they removed all tq limiters the car would $#@! a stall converter every 5 miles. Also if they removed all tq limiters why did they have to drop boost to get the car to shift in auto? Doesnt make sense to me. Sounds like they are still working on it.

The Stage 1 kits seem to be making great numbers in ecampbells car and others.
    No, they are not. Spoke to Jim yesterday and he sent me a video of him running 50-100. One of the fastest 50-100 spurts I've ever seen. So, apparently they got it all dialed in. He said he was going to post the video...as well he is running the 1/4 mile this weekend as well as the road course at Fontana. So, I think a lot of nay sayers will be eating crow soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    No, they are not. Spoke to Jim yesterday and he sent me a video of him running 50-100. One of the fastest 50-100 spurts I've ever seen. So, apparently they got it all dialed in. He said he was going to post the video...as well he is running the 1/4 mile this weekend as well as the road course at Fontana. So, I think a lot of nay sayers will be eating crow soon.
    Saw the clip, don't think he quite hit 100 as he wasn't at top of 3rd gear and BS has 3.06 rear gear not 2.85 or 2.82 like other 63s.

I said the car was released with around 11psi, still fast, just not 14-15psi. This means they are still working on Stage 2 or whatever the highest boost rating is called. Otherwise the car would have 14-15psi now.

I dont see any naysayers just clearing up some inaccuracies.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Where did you hear this from?
    Ask the owner.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ask the owner.
    Haven't seen Jim around in a long time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Saw the clip, don't think he quite hit 100 as he wasn't at top of 3rd gear and BS has 3.06 rear gear not 2.85 or 2.82 like other 63s.

I said the car was released with around 11psi, still fast, just not 14-15psi. This means they are still working on Stage 2 or whatever the highest boost rating is called. Otherwise the car would have 14-15psi now.

I dont see any naysayers just clearing up some inaccuracies.

Where did you see the clip ?? I wasn't aware that it had been posted online yet...

When I upshift at redline in my BS in 3rd gear I am WELL over 100mph so I'm not quite sure what your talking about and the final drive ratio for the CLK BS is 2.82:1. And furthermore, the video clip isn't the best quality and is shot from the passenger seat and you can't even see the speedo - so how do you know it didn't hit 100mph??
    Last edited by LZH; 07-27-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ask the owner.
    Kind of a d!ckhead response...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Great interview, have questions

DTM is right there is another blower kit but it's a roots, I mean why even bother with a roots blower in 2011? and the ecu has a piggyback. I think it's Xtra or something along those lines. Weistec looks like a much better kit at least IMHO.
    My SL600 broke the tires loose 3 times in a row on a DynoDynamics. Can't remember my numbers from that day, but on a different day on a Dynojet we saw 540whp, 630wtq, something like that. I don't really pay attention to the final number, just what the difference was, pre/post tune. Granted, power surges from turbos is a lot less linear than from a blower.

Although, I didn't "smoke the tires" as they claimed happened in Jim's car. Mine simply broke loose, and we stopped the pull.
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKECRhvlf4