Close

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So the trans isnt as weak as everyone makes it out to be?

LostMarine proved the BMWs ZF trans incredibly stout by making 500+ft/lbs everyday, even with a neglected former life by its PO. Level10 built the new trans so we will see how far it goes.

Has anyone ever thought of contacting them to see if they will touch a 722.9 trans? Im sure they could build a diesel converter to handle all you can throw at it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    So the trans isnt as weak as everyone makes it out to be?

LostMarine proved the BMWs ZF trans incredibly stout by making 500+ft/lbs everyday, even with a neglected former life by its PO. Level10 built the new trans so we will see how far it goes.

Has anyone ever thought of contacting them to see if they will touch a 722.9 trans? Im sure they could build a diesel converter to handle all you can throw at it..
    I think it's been done and it didn't work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Hard launches do nothing to driveline partshttp://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...af2f533d-1.jpg
    Am I looking at gears in the diff?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    The problem apparently isn't the physical hardware but software of making the upgrading trans part work. At least that is what I have been told.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Yup - if it doesn't fail then the joke is on us all LOL. I really wonder if the BS has the same parts in the tranny as all other 722.9 cars. You should have your trans filter cross sectioned and check to see whats in there...
    Unique rear-end, unique axles, trans cooler...maybe they beefed up tranny internals as well? Not sure how we can find out,possibly a trip to the parts counter at the dealership to have them research internal part numbers?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Hard to see what part that is, is that a drive shaft spline? Is that off your C63?
    Differential
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I still don't understand how the MAF doesn't read NO2 and how that gets translated to torque limiters? I guess this is more of an issue with 1/4 mile runs and initiating off a launch versus a 60-130 run, but the MAF can sense boost but not nitrous? BTW nice interview

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nitrous is shot after the maf sensors in the intake path.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whipplem104 Click here to enlarge
    Nitrous is shot after the maf sensors in the intake path.
    can't you do a pre-MAF dry shot?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I have only hear of this recently. I did some reading on this and it seems you could do a dry shot in front of the maf. The engine management would have to be tuned for this though. Unless it could just read a 100 shot and add the required fuel. Also on the 6.3 would you do two 50 shots or one on one side? I was asked about this recently by Even Money and I would have to take it slow to see how everything reacts. I am not a nitrous expert though and have only used it on old carb motors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You split it into 2 for each intake

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It still sounds pretty risky to me. What if you do not get the nozzle just right and far enough back that it does not hit the MAF correctly or reliably. Air mass sensors are pretty complicated devices these days. It is not like the old hot wire sensors. NOs is not the same as normal air either. It is a different composition. How does the nos relate to air flow? Like I said I have read that people do this and I might be willing to start up on a very small shot and progress from there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    can't you do a pre-MAF dry shot?
    I don't know but I would think with the size of the shots these guys are going with wet is basically the only option other than direct port so dry is out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whipplem104 Click here to enlarge
    It still sounds pretty risky to me. What if you do not get the nozzle just right and far enough back that it does not hit the MAF correctly or reliably. Air mass sensors are pretty complicated devices these days. It is not like the old hot wire sensors. NOs is not the same as normal air either. It is a different composition. How does the nos relate to air flow? Like I said I have read that people do this and I might be willing to start up on a very small shot and progress from there.
    It would be interesting to see your results definitely but best to have someone here with far more experience advise. Why not just ask one of the tuners as I'm kind of curious as well?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It would be interesting to see your results definitely but best to have someone here with far more experience advise. Why not just ask one of the tuners as I'm kind of curious as well?
    I was not and would not advise anyone to do this. I was just responding to Jcart's question about spraying in front of the maf to deal with the tq calculations. But like I said I did a little research and it seems like it is possible on some cars. I would not do it on my own car though. The only way I would shoot a dry shot is with my standalone were I can program it in the fuel tables.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910