Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Questions about Rifle and Shotgun Permit in NYC (For Military)

I'm trying to get a clear answer... I read in New York City Administrative Code sec.10-131, sec.10301, ET.SE that Military were exempt from licensing requirements for a Rifle and Shotgun in NYC, but that is from 1998, and I'm not able to find a more up to date version. Do any of my fellow military members (in NY/NYC) know what the most up to date rules are for Active Military looking to buy a Rifle / Shotgun? Or should I just call the NYPD and ask them...?
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I might have to inquire at my local gun store when I get back. If you check out store called camp-site (www.campsitesportshop.com) they are located in Huntington. Ask for Doug, tell him Matt with the RugerM77 with the Mk4 Leupold scope sent you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ask nypd i think the answer is going to be sad. i have unrestricted concealed carry and that is still a no no place for me. where exactly are you? LI is ok and everything upstate is ok.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Unfortunately I'm the city proper... I have a feeling that I can purchase a rifle or shotgun without a permit, but I'll need a permit to have it... Atleast from everything I'm reading... Funny, I'm authorized to carry a rifle in uniform, but not in civies... I'm still military, it shouldn't make a damn difference.. Im going to call NYPD rifle and shotgun division today...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It's NOT right. But it is the unfortunate reality. If they can send you to a war zone with a rifle you should be allowed to own it freely at home!