Close

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Weistec Supercharger M113

Who would buy a Weistec supercharger if it were available right now. I cant understand for the life of me why they would skip an already supercharged platform in favor of a naturally aspirated one.
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 Lexus LS600hl
    2006 CLS55 AMG.
    508whp/564tq.
    171mph at The Texas mile 2011.
    Mods Everything.
    Going fast with class!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Reason it makes more sense to focus on the M156 is it is still being produced and in a variety of cars. Not to mention the C63 Black Series is coming which is yet another car that fits their demographic perfectly.

The 55 motors have sort of had their day in the sun. I don't know why there are no upgraded superchargers for them but just how it is. Weistec is tightly focused, and that is why their product is so good.

Who would buy it? Well, for the M156 it is a no brainer IMO. For the M113, I don't know but if it is anywhere near as good then yes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Reason it makes more sense to focus on the M156 is it is still being produced and in a variety of cars. Not to mention the C63 Black Series is coming which is yet another car that fits their demographic perfectly.

The 55 motors have sort of had their day in the sun. I don't know why there are no upgraded superchargers for them but just how it is. Weistec is tightly focused, and that is why their product is so good.

Who would buy it? Well, for the M156 it is a no brainer IMO. For the M113, I don't know but if it is anywhere near as good then yes.
    That makes no sense how many supercharged units have been produced between 2003-2006, and how many are in the hands of enthusiast compared to M156 cars? how many brand new in warranty M156 owners are willing to void their warranty on their $100,000+ cars that many of them are still paying for in comparison? I bet they would sell ten M113 systems for every one M156 unit they sold.

Who would buy one my guess is everyone. Most Benz owners old and new have large amounts of disposable income, its the same demo. The only reason i didn't buy a M156 CLS63 was because it didn't have a blower, im starting to regret this decision.

Maybe its time for a CLS63 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 Lexus LS600hl
    2006 CLS55 AMG.
    508whp/564tq.
    Mods Everything.
    Going fast with class!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
    That makes no sense how many supercharged units have been produced between 2003-2006, and how many are in the hands of enthusiast compared to M156 cars?
    Makes complete sense to me? Someone buying the newest and best wants more and that is exactly what Weistec is providing? Not to mention with CARB certification soon? The hardcore cars with hardcore owners are M156 based.

Who would buy one my guess is everyone. Most Benz owners old and new have large amounts of disposable income, its the same demo. The only reason i didn't buy a M156 CLS63 was because it didn't have a blower, im starting to regret this decision.
    I don't doubt there would be a market for it, I just understand why they are focusing on the new motor. I prefer the M156 to the M113 also personally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The hardcore cars with hardcore owners are M156 based.
    Whats the quickest and fastest M156 based car?
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 Lexus LS600hl
    2006 CLS55 AMG.
    508whp/564tq.
    Mods Everything.
    Going fast with class!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's a good idea but it should have been done with a 2.8L KB years ago, since the bottom end is already lower C/R. The problem is the 55Ks are now falling into 4th/5th gen owner hands and not many that pay $30-35k for a car will put another $10k into just a blower--even though that's where all the power is.

Fuel system would need redone for sure and then mechanically speaking I think the next issue would be the cast pistons as they are close to handling all the load they can take at power levels we're seeing now IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whats the quickest and fastest M156 based car?
    According to our list, Dad's at 10.3@134.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    It's a good idea but it should have been done with a 2.8L KB years ago, since the bottom end is already lower C/R. The problem is the 55Ks are now falling into 4th/5th gen owner hands and not many that pay $30-35k for a car will put another $10k into just a blower--even though that's where all the power is.
    Exactly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The problem is the 55Ks are now falling into 4th/5th gen owner hands and not many that pay $30-35k for a car will put another $10k into just a blower--even though that's where all the power is.
    Im not convinced that people buy these cars because of the price. People spend 30-35K on Supra's, Cobras, Vettes...ect and dump another 40-50K in mods all the time. I think people buy these car for *what* they are not what they cost.
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 Lexus LS600hl
    2006 CLS55 AMG.
    508whp/564tq.
    Mods Everything.
    Going fast with class!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im not convinced that people buy these cars because of the price. People spend 30-35K on Supra's, Cobras, Vettes...ect and dump another 40-50K in mods all the time. I think people buy these car for *what* they are not what they cost.
    Supras, Cobras, and Vettes are known mod platforms for big power. The 55 is limited in its appeal due to its heft in a sense and also due to not having the diverse or cheap aftermarket the aforementioned share.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Supras, Cobras, and Vettes are known mod platforms for big power. The 55 is limited in its appeal due to its heft in a sense and also due to not having the diverse or cheap aftermarket the aforementioned share.
    Many AMG owners come from those backgrounds myself included. The price of the car has nothing to do with what the owner is willing to spend to make it fast, nobody is scraping the bottom of the piggy bank to afford these cars. Enthusiast's buy cars that peek their interest at that moment price is rarely the deciding factor.
    Last edited by Full Throttle; 07-21-2011 at 03:34 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 Lexus LS600hl
    2006 CLS55 AMG.
    508whp/564tq.
    Mods Everything.
    Going fast with class!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Many AMG owners come from those backgrounds myself included. The price of the car has nothing to do with what the owner is willing to spend to make it fast, nobody is scraping the bottom of the piggy bank to afford these cars. Enthusiast's buy cars that peek their interest at that moment price is rarely the deciding factor.
    Well, to be honest, you can pick up cars like yours now for relatively cheap. The people who couldn't afford to the mod them to begin with can now buy them but they still can't afford to mod.

The culture of the MB cars just isn't the same as Mustang, Supra, and Vette. You are one out of maybe 99% who never consider doing anything to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, to be honest, you can pick up cars like yours now for relatively cheap. The people who couldn't afford to the mod them to begin with can now buy them but they still can't afford to mod.

The culture of the MB cars just isn't the same as Mustang, Supra, and Vette. You are one out of maybe 99% who never consider doing anything to it.
    My point is people who buy these cars are not buying them because of price. When i bought my CLS55 the CLS63 was only about 10K more. Had i known what i know now i would have purchased the CLS63. Price had nothing to do with my decisions and im pretty sure most people who own and mod these cars regardless of what point in the time line they purchased them have the same outlook. You think im some kind of unique owner i think im more the norm than the exception.

But i could be wrong maybe im giving 55 drivers to much credit or not.
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 Lexus LS600hl
    2006 CLS55 AMG.
    508whp/564tq.
    Mods Everything.
    Going fast with class!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My point is people who buy these cars are not buying them because of price. When i bought my CLS55 the CLS63 was only about 10K more. Had i known what i know now i would have purchased the CLS63. Price had nothing to do with my decisions and im pretty sure most people who own and mod these cars regardless of what point in the time line they purchased them have the same outlook. You think im some kind of unique owner i think im more the norm than the exception.

But i could be wrong maybe im giving 55 drivers to much credit or not.
    I completely understand and I am not saying it is price for you. For others however, since this car is not produced any longer, it is and they are picked up second, third, fourth hand.

You are unique, definitely not the norm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I completely understand and I am not saying it is price for you. For others however, since this car is not produced any longer, it is and they are picked up second, third, fourth hand.

You are unique, definitely not the norm.
    Im just glad the after-market is growing regardless of what side its on.
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 Lexus LS600hl
    2006 CLS55 AMG.
    508whp/564tq.
    Mods Everything.
    Going fast with class!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know a few mustang guys that bought E55s because they were cheaper than a new Boss. That said they are used to $250-500 tunes, $1200 headers, etc. Just a different demographic than the 63 guys. The 63s will get there too in time.

Obviously this doesn't go for all owners but I think it covers the majority (Full Throttle not inc.).

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know a few mustang guys that bought E55s because they were cheaper than a new Boss. That said they are used to $250-500 tunes, $1200 headers, etc. Just a different demographic than the 63 guys. The 63s will get there too in time.

Obviously this doesn't go for all owners but I think it covers the majority (Full Throttle not inc.).

Thanks

Yup with the way Mercedes Benz's depreciate you will see E63's/CLS63's in the low $30,000 range very very soon.
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 Lexus LS600hl
    2006 CLS55 AMG.
    508whp/564tq.
    Mods Everything.
    Going fast with class!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup with the way Mercedes Benz's depreciate you will see E63's/CLS63's in the low $30,000 range very very soon.
    The cool part about that is that nearly anyone can afford one of the best NA engines ever built. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The cool part about that is that nearly anyone can afford one of the best NA engines ever built. Click here to enlarge
    absolutely!!
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 Lexus LS600hl
    2006 CLS55 AMG.
    508whp/564tq.
    Mods Everything.
    Going fast with class!!