Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Ron Paul vs Obama In 2012

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I think we may need to get you a Ron Paul sticky thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Fantastic video.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Fantastic video.
    +1 NICE!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fantastic video.
    I like Ron Paul a lot, but just as Obama found out, he will have a difficult time pushing an agenda through the legislative branch. People who blame the President only show their lack of understanding how our Government works. Ask any American their opinion about Government and they will give you it. Turn around and then ask that same person what the three branches of Government are and their role and most Americans, some 60%, won't be able to answer it correctly.

The problem with our Country isn't the President, the problem is an electorate that has become lazy and stupid. These adds by both Democrats and Republicans are nothing more than political propaganda paid for by special interest groups. If you want to understand the real problem we face in this Country, acquaint yourself with the "Citizens United vs FEC" ruling by the Supreme Court and the impact it has on our elections.

This video isn't "Fantastic".. it's what's wrong with our Country.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    I like Ron Paul a lot, but just as Obama found out, he will have a difficult time pushing an agenda through the legislative branch. People who blame the President only show their lack of understanding how our Government works. Ask any American their opinion about Government and they will give you it. Turn around and then ask that same person what the three branches of Government are and their role and most Americans, some 60%, won't be able to answer it correctly.

The problem with our Country isn't the President, the problem is an electorate that has become lazy and stupid. These adds by both Democrats and Republicans are nothing more than political propaganda paid for by special interest groups. If you want to understand the real problem we face in this Country, acquaint yourself with the "Citizens United vs FEC" ruling by the Supreme Court and the impact it has on our elections.

That is why it is fantastic, it points out all the problems. It also highlights a lot of Obama's BS. I think the video is fantastic.

Additionally, Obama hasn't paid all that much attention to the legislative branch anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is why it is fantastic, it points out all the problems.
    Not really, no.

It also highlights a lot of Obama's BS. I think the video is fantastic.
    The POTUS has very little actual power, policy set down by the executive branch is made into law by the legislative branch. BS or not, it is totally irrelevant in the passing of actual legislation.

Additionally, Obama hasn't paid all that much attention to the legislative branch anyway.
    Huh? What exactly is he suppose to be "paying attention" to? Your comment makes me wonder if you understand how the three branches operate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Not really, no.
    Kind of, ya.

The POTUS has very little actual power, policy set down by the executive branch is made into law by the legislative branch. BS or not, it is totally irrelevant in the passing of actual legislation.
    Umm, last I checked the executive executes the policy made by the legislative? And hasn't the presidency grown in power?

Huh? What exactly is he suppose to be "paying attention" to? Your comment makes me wonder if you understand how the three branches operate.
    I'm kind of feeling the same way about you. Once again, fantastic video in my opinion and I'm glad it points out how Obama just told everyone what they wanted to hear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kind of, ya.
    No, Sticky. The problems with our Country are not Democrat or Republican talking points. The problem is political party ideology that stems from financial support from special interest. We could easily balance the budget, solve world problems and be innovative. Political party ideology keeps that from happening.

Umm, last I checked the executive executes the policy made by the legislative? And hasn't the presidency grown in power?
    Are you asking me? Or telling me? The answer is no to both of your questions though.

I'm kind of feeling the same way about you.
    My business partner is a lobbyist for infrastructure projects. My investment strategy is based on following legislation. Understanding the government process is my bread and butter.

Once again, fantastic video in my opinion and I'm glad it points out how Obama just told everyone what they wanted to hear.
    Look up the definition of Politics. We no longer have working politics in our Government because of the influence of special interest and the abuse of procedural process. Ron Paul wants to abolish the FED and bring Libertarian ideals into American policy. If Ron Paul is elected President, people will be saying the same thing about him when he is unable to push his policy initiatives through Congress.

Obama told people what he wanted to offer if elected as President, Congress didn't allow him to fulfill those promises. Congressional Republicans in the 111th Congress have set a new record for filibusters. Maybe learning about how legislation is crafted might be a good start in understanding what is wrong with Government. Obama hasn't lied to anyone, he is simply a victim of bad politics.

http://newsjunkiepost.com/2010/03/02...f-filibusters/
    Last edited by ccsykes; 07-18-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is a really good site to track what Congress is REALLY doing. I use this site to track legislation that might impact my investments.

http://www.opencongress.org

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

No, Sticky. The problems with our Country are not Democrat or Republican talking points. The problem is political party ideology that stems from financial support from special interest. We could easily balance the budget, solve world problems and be innovative. Political party ideology keeps that from happening.
    I think the problem goes beyond just the two-party system. I think it is a far more complex issue than simply saying parties are the problem.

Are you asking me? Or telling me? The answer is no to both of your questions though.
    I'm telling you. And yes, the presidency has grown in power. The execute branch does exactly what I stated. You may have your branches mixed up because this is basic stuff.

My business partner is a lobbyist for infrastructure projects. My investment strategy is based on following legislation. Understanding the government process is my bread and butter.
    I don't need a business partner or anyone else to tell me what each branch does. If we could grasp it in 4th grade I'm pretty sure we still can. It isn't complicated, it's simple. What you invest or do not invest is irrelevant.

Look up the definition of Politics. We no longer have working politics in our Government because of the influence of special interest and the abuse of procedural process. Ron Paul wants to abolish the FED and bring Libertarian ideals into American policy. If Ron Paul is elected President, people will be saying the same thing about him when he is unable to push his policy initiatives through Congress.

Obama told people what he wanted to offer if elected as President, Congress didn't allow him to fulfill those promises. Congressional Republicans in the 111th Congress have set a new record for filibusters. Maybe learning about how legislation is crafted might be a good start in understanding what is wrong with Government. Obama hasn't lied to anyone, he is simply a victim of bad politics.

http://newsjunkiepost.com/2010/03/02...f-filibusters/
    I don't need to look up the definition of anything to give my opinion on this video. Secondly, I agree special interests are a problem and that is one of the things the video is alluding to and that Ron Paul would like to change. So, not really sure of your point here. At least Ron Paul has people thinking instead of just lying to them blatantly giving people false hope. He has presented his ideas, I agree with the majority of them. It doesn't mean he will enact everything over night but it's a step. Didn't you describe the government as a process?

Also, if you are going to use something like fillibuster to bolster your argument and say it was used more than ever don't leave out that Senate rules have changed and a filibuster can be overridden by majority. It isn't the same tactic it once was so please don't lecture me like you are trying to educate some child. I can tell you many things about the legal process as well as US history considering I have studied it in much further detail. Okie dokie?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okie dokie?
    Hey I'm right there with you on Ron Paul, but I disagree with your assertion that Obama has had anything to do with the failings of Congress to act on his agenda. You've got to many Americans who are lazy voters and push that "all ticket" button when they vote. Most people can't even name their representatives. I would love to have Libertarians take control, but I imagine pink elephants will roam the skies before that day comes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Hey I'm right there with you on Ron Paul, but I disagree with your assertion that Obama has had anything to do with the failings of Congress to act on his agenda. You've got to many Americans who are lazy voters and push that "all ticket" button when they vote. Most people can't even name their representatives. I would love to have Libertarians take control, but I imagine pink elephants will roam the skies before that day comes.
    It's a multi-branch system I understand. The president isn't a dictator but Obama certainly hasn't been a solution to anything. Does he deserve all the blame? Of course not, but he definitely deserves a nice share.

It's amazing this stuff even works, if you consider this "working."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

great video...straight to Facebook
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Obama didn't find out jack $hit. He knew how it was he was hand picked. Remember he was involved with the CFR, and with a little research we can find out who else was.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

It's a multi-branch system I understand. The president isn't a dictator but Obama certainly hasn't been a solution to anything. Does he deserve all the blame? Of course not, but he definitely deserves a nice share.

It's amazing this stuff even works, if you consider this "working."
    Obama is a frikken puppet of the Elite. He lied his way into office. Ron Paul has been saying the same things for over 30 years now.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    great video...straight to Facebook
    Same here man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I don't care who gets into office. Someone who wants less nationalgovt control and more state power is who I'm voting for.Obama and his team of democrats were spending out of control. Ok so the Rs messed up the economy a little by letting wall street and the banks go too much...have a little tighter grasp on them this time, leave the wealthy the way they are....they fill my pockets so without them I have no job.Obamas small business rules hurt us more than help. Taxes and charges have gone way up, to the point where we lose almost 100 bucks extra (on top of sales taxes) for anything charged over 1000 bucks on plastic.I'm sure Randy could chime in with some good points.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    And furthermore who gives a $#@! about making everyone equal? $#@! that bull$#@!. The wealthy got rich cuse they figured out how to...let the poor complain...this country was built on the ideals that everyone makes it for themselves. You don't do so well and get a crack addiction? You chose Thta route....stop complaining that you have no money and you want free money from the rich.Those who work hard play hard.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    And furthermore who gives a $#@! about making everyone equal? $#@! that bull$#@!. The wealthy got rich cuse they figured out how to...let the poor complain...this country was built on the ideals that everyone makes it for themselves. You don't do so well and get a crack addiction? You chose Thta route....stop complaining that you have no money and you want free money from the rich.Those who work hard play hard.

Ron Paul 2012. Work to make something of urself. To many people in this country are looking for hand outs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Hand outs are and are not the problem. Here are two situations where 1 is the problem and 1 isn't.

Situation 1. I've been out of work for 5 years and hell, I'm getting paid to sit on my couch and do $#@! all day. This is the perfect job. I can smoke weed and shoot up drugs all week while those tax payers pay my way to bliss...
    ^ This is the biggest problem with handouts, and one that the government doesn't do anything about... IF they don't get a job after a year, or go back to school, or do something to improve their quality of life the government needs to cut these $#@!ers off, and if they live in "The Projects" kick them out of there too, send em to mexico (no offense to any mexicans here).

Situation 2: I just lost my job of xx years due to layoffs, I need help until I can find a job.
    ^ You have my respect, you lost your job, you deserve some help, but don't take 5 years to find a job. If after 1 year this individuals doesn't have a job, or is pursuing a means to better their education, month 13 the amount you get should be reduced. Every 6 months of not having a job or being in school, your monthly stipend is reduced, upto a limit of 3 years. (Maybe the time limits should be adjusted accordingly, but I'm no financial expert). After year 3, your on your own.

There are other situations where hand-outs, while for the most part are viewed badly because of situation 1, but it's really bad when, just recently I was at Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn, NY doing some grocery shopping at the commissary and this family in line in front of me was using food stamps to pay for their food. This is a military Family, using FOOD STAMPS to pay for the food they need to survive. What is wrong with this country? We can't even pay our own military enough to survive, they have to get public assistance... I find that utterly disrespectful to the service that the young (and old) americans do for this country. Living paycheck to paycheck, making 800 every two weeks as a private with a family back home, while fighting in a land that doesn't even care if we are there or not (another discussion, for another time).

I hope Ron Paul can make changes, but like every other president, they make promises, they get elected and the sad reality is that the president is un-able to do what he promised initially because there are too many corrupt politicians in office (both parties) that make it difficult to pass anything, even a fart...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    leave the wealthy the way they are....they fill my pockets so without them I have no job. Obamas small business rules hurt us more than help..
    Investment made into most industries is done to increase production, or distribution while decreasing labor costs. If you seriously are buying the GOP talking point that the wealthy create jobs, you are as clueless as the rest of them. Capitalism by its very nature is the pursuit of profit which in the age of technology means less jobs and more automation. The basic statistics speak for themselves. All one needs to do is look at income disparity and social mobility for the past 30 years. You guys do know what social mobility is right? We are ranked below most industrialized nations. Social mobility is almost two times greater in Canada lol.. You would have a better chance of achieving the American dream there.

Here is some light reading.. http://www.economicmobility.org/asse...ChapterIII.pdf

I have not made an investment in several years that created any jobs. Quite the contrary, my best returns have been helping companies find ways to reduce labor costs and expand overseas. CEO's are driven to please shareholders, as an investor I'm only interested in seeing net tangible assets grow and earnings per share increase. I could care less if jobs are created. Most investments I've recently been involved in are Companies looking to expand operations into Asia to take advantage of the growing middle class in those economies. There really isn't much money to be made in domestic investment. The top 1% are making their money investing abroad, just because they are incorporated in the U.S. doesn't mean they help make American jobs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    There are other situations where hand-outs, while for the most part are viewed badly because of situation 1, but it's really bad when, just recently I was at Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn, NY doing some grocery shopping at the commissary and this family in line in front of me was using food stamps to pay for their food. This is a military Family, using FOOD STAMPS to pay for the food they need to survive. What is wrong with this country? We can't even pay our own military enough to survive, they have to get public assistance... I find that utterly disrespectful to the service that the young (and old) americans do for this country. Living paycheck to paycheck, making 800 every two weeks as a private with a family back home, while fighting in a land that doesn't even care if we are there or not (another discussion, for another time).
    whoa whoa whoa buddy, i guarantee you thats not the case. especially NY BAH + Basic pay. if they dont have $$, thats their fault if they are military, and chances are that they were not, and just got on there because of family or contracter work. I can tell you one thing, If you cant survive on miltary pay, your an idiot.

even at the lowest rank, with no real time in, its a good chunk of $$.

Last edited by LostMarine; 07-19-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

LM, I asked the lady why she was using that, and she said her husband who was a private wasn't making enough, that's why they needed food stamps... Maybe she was lying, but I doubt it. It's a sad reality that most don't realize does exist even in our military... I'm an E6, I live comfortably, off base. I easily make 6g a month after taxes, but I have about 5g in bills to pay the X, Condo and keep my family comfortable. I know an E7 who was living on Hamilton, but his family lived in PA and he wasn't receiving full BAH, only Partial... SO that chart goes out the window... Believe me the sad reality is that some of our soldiers do qualify for food stamps, as harsh as that reality is...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    This is a military Family, using FOOD STAMPS to pay for the food they need to survive. What is wrong with this country?
    Don't blame the Government for a families inability to properly budget there money. I am ex-military and I made pretty decent money. I saw families who were doing quite well, and I saw families who were buying groceries with food stamps. From what I saw, the ones using food stamps were typically in debt because they were attempting to live beyond their means buying new cars, big screen TV's etc.. I also witnessed young soldiers piss away their deployment money on $#@! they didn't need. The military pays enough, people just need to learn to live within their means.

I saved all my money during my two deployments to Iraq for the 5 years I was in the military. When I got out in 2007 I invested that money and now I'm better off for it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I'm not saying the Government is COMPLETELY at fault... But some basic financial classes would go a LONG way to helping these soldiers survive on what they get paid. The government should at least attempt to provide financial classes for soldiers, show them how to create a budget, give them the tools to survive financially. If after that the soldier still fails and lives beyond their means, then it is Entirely their fault, but if you never provide them with the ability or, knowledge to create a budget and stick to it, what do you expect to happen? I know some would say the soldier should own up, and figure it out, but some of them don't know where to start... I have several people ask me how I can afford a 2 bed condo in NYC, a X5 and not be bankrupt, and I show them my 5 year budget, that I stick to no matter what. Did anyone show me how to make a budget? No, I had to come up with it myself. But I have people ask me to show them how to create their own budget and I show them, it's up to them to live by it.

IF not the government, a bank, if not the bank then the senior leadership for that soldier, but if no one is willing to help, how will a soldier know any better?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast