Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    176
    Rep Points
    169.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No

    CIC iDrive Retrofit for e9x 3-series & M3 - [EVERYTHING INCLUDED]

    Up for sale is a CIC iDrive retrofit from our previous 2008 M3 project, kit is perfect working order and ready to install or ship. Kit is in excellent shape with no scratches.

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Components
    - iDrive CIC unit, US version with HD Radio (2009 maps)
    - iDrive HD Screen
    - GSM TCU w/ Assist
    - Center Console (no ashtray lid, your current one will swap)
    - iDrive Controller
    - Glovebox USB Port w/ LVDS Cables (video and USB)
    - Monitor Connector
    - Navigation Interception Module (not pictured, eliminates need for coding)

    Price: $2500 shipped
    Payment accepted by Cashier's Check, Credit Card or PayPal (confirmed address only). All Sales Final.

    Moderators: This is a private sale on a used part on my personal car, this is not a common stocking item. Please move thread if necessary.

    Installation also available on site. Please contact me by phone or email for quickest reply.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    747
    Rep Points
    698.9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Damn too bad it's for a 3, I would get it if it were for a 5...and if I had a little more cash ahah...GLWS
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

    Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

    Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,303
    Rep Points
    2,757.4
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Damn this is a steal! Someone get this!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Will this work in an 07 that has idrive already?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Will this work in an 07 that has idrive already?
    yup...but everything will have to be replaced

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Yea, thats what I mean. I wanna put in the ne screen andmodule. Just wasn't sure

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Yea, thats what I mean. I wanna put in the ne screen andmodule. Just wasn't sure

    yea...before the demise of the unsuspecting e93 that was going to be the next mod.....did a ton of reading up so it should retrofit right with yours easy....just make sure the FSC codes are programmed to your car

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    176
    Rep Points
    169.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Will this work in an 07 that has idrive already?
    Yes. Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    yea...before the demise of the unsuspecting e93 that was going to be the next mod.....did a ton of reading up so it should retrofit right with yours easy....just make sure the FSC codes are programmed to your car
    No FSC codes are required as an interceptor module is also included in the bundle.

    Forgot to mention, this will allow DVDinMotion as well.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    damn, now i REALLY want it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tom @ eas Click here to enlarge
    Yes. Click here to enlarge



    No FSC codes are required as an interceptor module is also included in the bundle.

    Forgot to mention, this will allow DVDinMotion as well.
    there u go.....easy peasy

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    What advantages does this have over the 2008 i-drive?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    did 08 change to HD with the new idrive? i loved mine at first until i saw the newer stuff that is more user friendly, faster and clearer

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    176
    Rep Points
    169.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What advantages does this have over the 2008 i-drive?
    Numerous features, including much faster speed and double the resolution. Most video overviews can be found on YouTube.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    did 08 change to HD with the new idrive? i loved mine at first until i saw the newer stuff that is more user friendly, faster and clearer
    MY09 3-series started appearing with CIC. Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    747
    Rep Points
    698.9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Man I wanted to do the CiC but it's like 3-4k for parts right? And you have to get an interceptor module or the software for it and that's a pain/money...GAH I NEED MONEYS!!
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

    Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

    Click here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    176
    Rep Points
    169.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    Man I wanted to do the CiC but it's like 3-4k for parts right? And you have to get an interceptor module or the software for it and that's a pain/money...GAH I NEED MONEYS!!
    This is everything needed to get up and running - do it!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What advantages does this have over the 2008 i-drive?
    08 idrive looks like ass compared to the upgraded navi.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    08 idrive looks like ass compared to the upgraded navi.
    I'm going to read more about this. Higher res screen sounds interesting, same size thought right?

    I'm tempted on this along with a few other parts EAS has for sale. I'll have to stop by, I was planning to sometime soon anyway to see their new facility.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    176
    Rep Points
    169.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to read more about this. Higher res screen sounds interesting, same size thought right?

    I'm tempted on this along with a few other parts EAS has for sale. I'll have to stop by, I was planning to sometime soon anyway to see their new facility.
    Same overall hardware dimensions, here's some info from BMW's technical white papers:

    New Features

    The Car Information Computer (CIC) continues the path laid out by the earlier CCC
    system and takes it to the next level of development. The main noticeable feature of this
    iDrive system is the newly designed controller that is now equipped with seven direct
    access buttons. These buttons provide shortcuts to the menus in the redesigned layout
    of the user interface.

    Compared to the CCC system, the number of CD/DVD drives in the CIC has been
    reduced to one optical drive.

    The CIC overall screen dimensions have remained the same. However, the number of
    pixels have doubled from 640x240 (CCC) to 1280x480 (CIC).
    This provides improved visual
    quality by generating a sharper graphic display.

    The navigation system display has been enhanced with the following functions:

    • Full screen mode
    • Night view
    • 3D models in the perspective map view

    The use of an integrated HDD (hard disk drive) now allows navigation map data to be
    saved on the CIC hard disk. Previously, this map data had to be loaded from a navigation
    DVD for each destination entry. Maps can also be displayed much faster due to the
    increased processing power of the CIC.

    The hard disk drive in the CIC also makes it possible to compile and store a personalized
    music collection. An 8GB section of the total 80GB hard disk is dedicated to store music
    files.

    These files can be transferred from audio CDs, MP3 players or USB sticks. Along with
    the music data files, the music track database (Gracenote®) is also stored to be used for
    the music search function.

    An address database has been included in the "Contacts" menu, which can also be
    accessed from the Telephone and Navigation menus. This feature offers a single
    “location” for accessing contact information. The information contained is more
    comprehensive than before.

    Many external receiver hardware devices such as IBOC and GPS are integrated
    in the CIC. This adds flexibility and expands the system’s functions.


    Of course, there's more options that can be had with software upgrading and BMW Apps if desired.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tom @ eas Click here to enlarge
    Same overall hardware dimensions, here's some info from BMW's technical white papers:

    New Features

    The Car Information Computer (CIC) continues the path laid out by the earlier CCC
    system and takes it to the next level of development. The main noticeable feature of this
    iDrive system is the newly designed controller that is now equipped with seven direct
    access buttons. These buttons provide shortcuts to the menus in the redesigned layout
    of the user interface.

    Compared to the CCC system, the number of CD/DVD drives in the CIC has been
    reduced to one optical drive.

    The CIC overall screen dimensions have remained the same. However, the number of
    pixels have doubled from 640x240 (CCC) to 1280x480 (CIC).
    This provides improved visual
    quality by generating a sharper graphic display.

    The navigation system display has been enhanced with the following functions:

    • Full screen mode
    • Night view
    • 3D models in the perspective map view

    The use of an integrated HDD (hard disk drive) now allows navigation map data to be
    saved on the CIC hard disk. Previously, this map data had to be loaded from a navigation
    DVD for each destination entry. Maps can also be displayed much faster due to the
    increased processing power of the CIC.

    The hard disk drive in the CIC also makes it possible to compile and store a personalized
    music collection. An 8GB section of the total 80GB hard disk is dedicated to store music
    files.

    These files can be transferred from audio CDs, MP3 players or USB sticks. Along with
    the music data files, the music track database (Gracenote®) is also stored to be used for
    the music search function.

    An address database has been included in the "Contacts" menu, which can also be
    accessed from the Telephone and Navigation menus. This feature offers a single
    “location” for accessing contact information. The information contained is more
    comprehensive than before.

    Many external receiver hardware devices such as IBOC and GPS are integrated
    in the CIC. This adds flexibility and expands the system’s functions.


    Of course, there's more options that can be had with software upgrading and BMW Apps if desired.
    Can a larger hard drive be added to store movies or music?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to read more about this. Higher res screen sounds interesting, same size thought right?

    I'm tempted on this along with a few other parts EAS has for sale. I'll have to stop by, I was planning to sometime soon anyway to see their new facility.
    Have you not used an upgraded idrive? Night and day difference.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Have you not used an upgraded idrive? Night and day difference.
    Nope, have not used the new one. Hell, I barely used the old one.

    What do you think, worth the upgrade?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nope, have not used the new one. Hell, I barely used the old one.

    What do you think, worth the upgrade?
    $2,500, hmmm. Get them to install it for free, why not.

    Go check out one at the dealership. The 3D map view is damn good. Not to mention it is just a lot easier to use.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    $2,500, hmmm. Get them to install it for free, why not.

    Go check out one at the dealership. The 3D map view is damn good. Not to mention it is just a lot easier to use.
    Can you upgrade the hard drive or mess with it?

    $2500 isn't exactly chump change, I'll have to check it out.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    176
    Rep Points
    169.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    HDD cannot be upgraded - with iPods and the sort, there really isn't a need.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tom @ eas Click here to enlarge
    HDD cannot be upgraded - with iPods and the sort, there really isn't a need.
    I see, but for movies really DVD is the best way or can it play video from an external HD?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •