Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Highway MPG's in the M156. What you think? and a thanks to TIGHTIE!

I was curious to see what kind of MPG's I got on the way to Buttonwillow, so I reset my info and got this. Not to shabby

Also want to say thanks to TIGHTIE for throwing an awesome track event today. Had a great time, tons of track time, felt like I really improved in some areas of my driving today. Was a pleasure meeting FASTGTI and his car sounded pretty bad ass and I think it might off been the loudest car there, besides the RX7 w/ LS1 motor drift car that was NUTS. Hopefully I can throw some pics up soon

Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Were you trying to drive for MPG? That isn't bad at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Were you trying to drive for MPG? That isn't bad at all.
    not really, but wasnt racing. Started at 10-15 mins of city driving to the 405, then on the 405 I was going between 70-80, maybe slowed to 60 a couple times and sped up to 90 a few times. I was very surprised.

On the track it showed 6mpg, which really isnt that bad for flooring it...I thought it would be less
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    not really, but wasnt racing. Started at 10-15 mins of city driving to the 405, then on the 405 I was going between 70-80, maybe slowed to 60 a couple times and sped up to 90 a few times. I was very surprised.

On the track it showed 6mpg, which really isnt that bad for flooring it...I thought it would be less
    So 21 MPG with pretty normal LA driving? That is better than I have seen in the M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So 21 MPG with pretty normal LA driving? That is better than I have seen in the M3.
    typically my average in the city is 10-11mpg

the 21.6 mpg is from my house to buttonwillow. Just brief city driving
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

that's what torque does, buddy Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, you got 21 mpg? I got like 18 and I was cruise control the whole way there.. Those damn hills ate my gas lol. on the track I got a solid 4-5 miles per gallon, It was an awesome day first time at the track. That was too much fun, and it was great to finally meet you bro! You're a real nice guy and the tips you gave me I just nailed every turn with burning rubber, never lost it either! A big thanks to TIGHTIE as well from me. That rx7 was insane, I got a video when he almost drifted into you bro, I'm going to upload it today and post some videos up.

It was pretty crazy how you said my car was one of the loudest. When my friend took my car out for a spin, I could hear my car on the other side of the track over all the e9x m3's. The c63 with CF hood was louder than mine same with the red e46 Gintani SC m3. One awesome day and got some sick videos for you all! Thanks again Sam!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Damn, you got 21 mpg? I got like 18 and I was cruise control the whole way there.. Those damn hills ate my gas lol. on the track I got a solid 4-5 miles per gallon, It was an awesome day first time at the track. That was too much fun, and it was great to finally meet you bro! You're a real nice guy and the tips you gave me I just nailed every turn with burning rubber, never lost it either! A big thanks to TIGHTIE as well from me. That rx7 was insane, I got a video when he almost drifted into you bro, I'm going to upload it today and post some videos up.

It was pretty crazy how you said my car was one of the loudest. When my friend took my car out for a spin, I could hear my car on the other side of the track over all the e9x m3's. The c63 with CF hood was louder than mine same with the red e46 Gintani SC m3. One awesome day and got some sick videos for you all! Thanks again Sam!
    That's true, the guys name is Farsue I believe, his c63 is loud and the gintani e46 as well...

Also to note. My tyranny overheared every session about 3 or 4 laps in it wouldn't change gear, no power, wouldn't let me engage manual mode either. So I would cruise the track slow or pull of if I was near the exit
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also to note. My tyranny overheared every session about 3 or 4 laps in it wouldn't change gear, no power, wouldn't let me engage manual mode either. So I would cruise the track slow or pull of if I was near the exit
    No wonder I saw you cruise through the track once. I was wondering what happened thought maybe gas was near the end or something haha.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Didn't know that, sounds like you need a cooling solution.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I average about 20-21.5 mpg on the fwy. My best mpg in the C63 is 25.2 mpg. I have pics but I'm posting from my phone. I have pics from like 22 mpg to 25.2. In the city I avg about 14-15.

Here's the pic (went to computer):

Click here to enlarge

I think weather affects mpg. Cool, dry weather lends itself well to high mpg. Also, good air filters. I was using BMC's at the time and combined with the ROW intakes, I think you get a little better mpg.
    Last edited by Sonny; 07-10-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ nice!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    don't know about other C63's, but with 6200 displacement 21 mpg sounds about right, actually it sounds much better than it should.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wonder how much the m3's get then.. My friend filled up 3 times going to vegas and back in his e90 m3.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I can report that yesterday I achieved nearly 24 MPG at 65mph on cruise control for 75 miles... :-)

Without a doubt, the engines can deliver respectable MPG when driven civilly, but then again, who wants to do that with an M156 under the hood?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wonder how much the m3's get then..
    it's worse, my best was 19.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ nice!
    Thanks. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wonder how much the m3's get then.. My friend filled up 3 times going to vegas and back in his e90 m3.
    A full tank just about gets me there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A full tank just about gets me there.
    NA?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    NA?
    Yes.