Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, after reading about jammers on Bimmers, it seems the best place to mount is actually vertical in the grills of our cars. While the LI heads are good, mounting vertical does sacrifice some wide angle protection. So i emailed cliff@laserinterceptor and asked if its possible to use HP heads and regular heads at the same time with the same CPU. It is. So what im going to do, is order 2 HP heads and mount vertically in the front for max protection, and mount the 2 regular heads horizontally in the rear. Gotta say, LI has some good customer service, im tempted to say along the same lines as BMS..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i used to run a 9500i (not ix, it wasn't even out at the time) with zr4 shifters. i have since upgraded to the redline +sc55 and kept my zr4. i havn't gotten a speeding ticket since i installed the 9500i+zr4 a while back. it has more than paid for itself with protection. i dont have mine mounted vertically, and it hasn't been a problem fwiw LM.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well, i just got the invoice, and its $950 for just the HP heads. screw that, im not doing that right now. ill upgrade later. I figured around $500 for the heads guess i was wrong.

Oddjob, yeah, horizontally, there should be no issue for most, but preferred insatll is lcloser to headlights than what we can do on the bimmers, so wanted the best install possible.

but a lot of people are tlaking about wide angle shots and if mounted vertically all but the HP give up some safety. Thats the reason for my wanted upgrade..

Everyone I know runs them horizontally and hasnt gotten snagged yet either. At this time I guess thats what Im gonna do until i actually do upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    make sure you with the 9500ix turn on Pop is a cool feature...let you know if a cop has a radar gun in a special mode

how do i set that? I just got done hardwiring the passport, and about to start the LI's, just need to see pics of where to mount and run the wire.s

also, is it ok, to run 2 more items to the cig lighter for power?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    are you going to do a concealed mount for the 9500ix? i'm always afraid of someone breaking in and jacking my radar x.x
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like the hardwire setup above the rear view mirror....keeps the radar out of sight to the casual onlooker..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've been quite happy with the performance of my RX65 since I bought it on the cheap; it also helps that the cops in & around Calgary always set up their laser traps in the same places Click here to enlarge

Jammers would be nice though, for when they decide to try out a new location.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    are you going to do a concealed mount for the 9500ix? i'm always afraid of someone breaking in and jacking my radar x.x

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    I like the hardwire setup above the rear view mirror....keeps the radar out of sight to the casual onlooker..
    Thats exactly where it is. i can snap pics later.

BTW, LI /passport combo saved my ass 2x today Click here to enlarge nothin crazy, but doin 85 on NJTPKE cop on overpass, all hell broke loose in my- car bells and whistsles ect... trooper on overpass along with his buddies on on-ramp all stayed where they were Click here to enlarge

passport showed "LASER" and my speed, LI ringin, i slowed down and off i went Click here to enlarge very happy so far Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Thats exactly where it is. i can snap pics later.

BTW, LI /passport combo saved my ass 2x today Click here to enlarge nothin crazy, but doin 85 on NJTPKE cop on overpass, all hell broke loose in my- car bells and whistsles ect... trooper on overpass along with his buddies on on-ramp all stayed where they were Click here to enlarge

passport showed "LASER" and my speed, LI ringin, i slowed down and off i went Click here to enlarge very happy so far Click here to enlarge
    isnt it sick how it pays for itself so quickly? its really the best mod you can do to ANY car... whats cool about the redline is it shows you the band number, or frequency. but for laser it defaults to the zr4.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool man, snap some pics, might actually go with that on my car too!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ill snap some later for you guys. the LI mounting is not "pretty" or stealth by any means, but as a wise man once said, stealth the car, not the install. and iIm not sure if stealthing the heads would have saved me today as off angle shots and overpass lasering is what gets people, so im happy. but i will be upgrading to 4 heads, 2 more in the rear to cover me, andswapping the fronts to HP heads to mount vertically and still svae me from the above situation while stealting the install a bit more

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    try out the multiple threat so you can see different bands and pop mode.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no idea how to do that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    check out the guide it tells you everything deff a must is pop mode the other one is optional as you get better at reading the radar and area.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im gonna look into that tomorrow Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LM