Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mercedes buys 75% of Brawn GP

As the title states, Brawn GP will be renamed to Mercedes GP. This could be a lifeline for both Button and Raikkonen. Norbert Haug has stated they are not looking for an all-German team. Mercedes will be decreasing it's shareholding with McLaren for the next two years as well.

So I'm hoping for the top teams to look like this:

Ferrari: Alonso and Massa
    McLaren: Hamilton and Raikkonen
    Mercedes: Button and Rosberg
    Red Bull: Vettel and Webber

Two are already set in stone.

2010 might be the greatest all out battle ever.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 10220.html

http://planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5698696,00.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Mercedes buys 75% of Brawn GP

interesting...i hope vettel has a purpose after the silly season. as i look at that breakdown, it looks like a mclaren domination TBH. ferrari and mclaren should iron out all the chassis issues over the off season, but no matter what you think of kimi, he can outdrive most everyone on the grid, as well as hamilton. as for alonso and massa, i see them second only to mclaren, then red bull, then mercedes. i just don't see ferrari and mclaren having the same issues this coming season. the brawn story was great, but i just don't think it can be everlasting.
    2013 Vorsteiner X5M
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Mercedes buys 75% of Brawn GP

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blake
    interesting...i hope vettel has a purpose after the silly season. as i look at that breakdown, it looks like a mclaren domination TBH. ferrari and mclaren should iron out all the chassis issues over the off season, but no matter what you think of kimi, he can outdrive most everyone on the grid, as well as hamilton. as for alonso and massa, i see them second only to mclaren, then red bull, then mercedes. i just don't see ferrari and mclaren having the same issues this coming season. the brawn story was great, but i just don't think it can be everlasting.
    Why would you think McLaren have an edge over Ferrari? The Ferrari has been developed longer. They have the best driver on the grid and probably the 4-5th best. McLaren have the second best and might get the third best. But rumors now state that Button has inked a three year deal with them. Kiss both championships goodbye if that's the case.