Close

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

What is the future of bimmerplace?

I'm sure this question is on everyone's minds, but AFAIK nobody has asked it yet. The question is this: Is bimmerplace to forever remain some sort of OT haven for the banned and forsaken, or are there plans to fill out the rest of the forum with more users. Clearly, as I've seen several vendors join in the past few days, I have to assume the latter, but I'm unclear on what the plan is to bring new users to bimmerplace. So my question is directed at PSI and DP... What is the plan for getting this place really jumpin'? The corollary to my previous question is: What, if anything, can we do to help?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Re: What is the future of bimmerplace?

Very good questions my friend. Glad you asked.

As you know, BP started as an idea for an OT only section to have as a "getaway" from e90. Once we were able to successfully get the boards up and running, we saw a potential shot of making it a full blown BMW site/blog/forum/chat/community. We have put our minds together and come up with some pretty good ideas which are being strategically put together at this point in time. We've managed to add many board features/addons to make these boards as user friendly as possible, from adding quick reply to incorporating an IRC chat with forum usernames to name a few. We realize the site still needs some work, heck we haven't even gotten into changing colors around to suite our needs. We are concentrating on the core essentials such as features, content and stability. Once we can achieve this, we will move on to the aesthetics. We are currently working on a full blown blog style news section which we have ideas on how we want to incorporate it into the forum topics (car of the month etc..). I've spent many sleepless nights, adding scripts, changing things around and figuring things out to make things work. I can tell you, I've learned quite a bunch of phpbb to get these forums working with all the addons. Same goes for DP and others who have helped us.

Our hopes are to get a nice community come together and provide a good, fair, fun place for users. One thing we spoke about early on, was that we planned on making a "user's forum". For the user, by the user. Seeing how many of us have been on the user side of things, we saw great opportunity for improvement so we set out to achieve just that.

Once we have things up fully functional and filled with content, We're hoping that users will find their way in through search engines, word of mouth and advertising. We are surrounded by helpful, and encouraging individuals who have backed us and helped us from day 1.

We are open to suggestions 110%. So please, If you have any ideas or suggestions on what we can do to improve visibility and spread the word, we're all ears.

Hope this cleared things up a bit.

Alex

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Keep up the good work guys! :clap:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I like the move to enforce some sort of rules on the forum though. It really wouldn't be too appealing, let alone welcoming, to enter a new forum and see nothing but threads dedicated to $#@!ing about other members.

What the forum really needs is infrastructure; i.e. threads dedicated to the FAQ's of each model/ engine, and technical information regarding them.

Right now Bimmerplace has OT, so why not play to our strengths and perhaps focus on presenting it a bit more. Once more clueless (for lack of a better term) members join the forum, the more knowledgeable members will be able to answer their questions and the sections will fill themselves out. I mean, look at the other forum. Its pretty much dominated by "my car feels funny" threads. I'd say remove some of the sub-sections, because right now there are too a bit too many and it leaves the place feeling a little deserted. Maybe restructure it so each model has a general discussion and a technical section and delete the rest until the need for them arises.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

My guess is this forum is going to live a good life. One thing I really like about it is that it caters to all the BMW generations. Unlike Bimmerpost which only really focused on the current generation. I when the new series comes out that forum is going to start dieing out. Once we get some more members and the sub forums start to fill up, the forum will be able handle itself. Anyway you guys are doing a good job, and keep it up.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I believe PSI has answered the OP's question, and I would just like to thank all the users for joining us here.

Currently, we're big in the OT section, but like aforementioned, we simply did not create sub-forums for each chassis just to be looked at. Our plans entail a growing community here, and like you've already seen, vendors have joined.

While the rules are a bit laid back, it is not without reason. We're hoping the "cry babies" read the rules before moaning.

Direct feedback,comments,criticisms to PSI, Phiber or myself, else you can always send it to adminteam@bimmerplace.com

p.s. I think i'll make a complaints@bimmerplace.com
    -DP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

What's with all the rules already?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

People getting out of hand and $#@!ing about the immaturity levels compared to bimmerpost.

You either have moderation or you don't, and some people want to have their cake and eat it too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92
    People getting out of hand and $#@!ing about the immaturity levels compared to bimmerpost.

You either have moderation or you don't, and some people want to have their cake and eat it too.
    $#@!ing cuz some $#@!es don't know when to stfu and stop calling names when it doesn't mean $#@! to the other guy. it's a fkin forum. not some dissfest.
    yo dawg.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nikkahtropski
    $#@!ing cuz some $#@!es don't know when to stfu and stop calling names when it doesn't mean $#@! to the other guy. it's a fkin forum. not some dissfest.
    Right. But I knew it was going to happen at some point. People are finishing threads they started in bimmerpost OT. It'll pass. The Blake vs. Prowess started there and got shut down by southlight.

This place is not going to be a dissfest. Some people are just airing the dirty laundry. Just chill man. If you don't like it, don't click the thread. That's what I do if I don't want to deal with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I'd like to suggest that you narrow down the sub chassis forums a bit. They are a bit daunting as it is now, and also quite empty. Maybe make general forums first and let it fill out a bit and build up. Then sub divide them off when their growth allows it.

Otherwise, its just too dividing and people will either end up only using 1 forum anyways or just stay in OT and using bimmerpost.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tag824 Click here to enlarge
    guess i lost all my rep's... later bro's