Close

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No

    Formula 1 2011 - Canadian Grand Prix Results, Mercedes Improves

    Well, finally a race that Redbull didn't win although they did finish in 2nd and 3rd. Vettel had the race but went wide on the last lap allowing Jenson Button for Mclaren-Mercedes to win. It was also nice to finally see something out of Michael Schumacher this season with a 4th place finish. Nico Rosberg finished in 11th place for Mercedes-Petronas and Lewis Hamilston wrecked so only one McLaren-Mercedes car finished the race.

    Click here to enlarge

    Race Results:

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,280
    Rep Points
    936.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    i cant believe Vettel leads for the entire race except for two laps... loses to Button on the last lap
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HG Motorsports
    Posts
    389
    Rep Points
    512.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Whoa, whoa, whoa...Hamilton did not wreck, he was flying past Button who closed the door on him. I'm glad Button won because I hate Red Bull and Vettel but if you thought Button was doing well towards the end (which I did, very impressive drive those last few laps) I think we can all agree Hamilton would have done even better.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,655
    Rep Points
    -199.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Schumacher is sitting beside Coulthard the square jaw ? really weird.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,236
    Rep Points
    6,785.2
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Schumacher is sitting beside Coulthard the square jaw ? really weird.
    BBC had a feature where Schumi and DC did the circuitwalk in a golfcart. DC on y got to drive the.very last bit back to the pits. That's where this picture is from.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mildenhall, UK
    Posts
    749
    Rep Points
    681.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    It was a great drive from Button and Schumi in the rain. They were dominating that race. Both of them were 2 seconds a lap faster than Vettel.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,236
    Rep Points
    6,785.2
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    Vettel recognized too late what pace Button had. In the final DRS.activation zone.JB made up .11 sec to have .91 sec on him, allowing him to use DRS. So close Click here to enlarge a thrilling end.to.a great race.forget.the.red.flag periods, remember.the fights. Awesome.race. Schumi was great in the wet, Button was great during the entire race. I would have liked to see MS take 3rd, but he could not re_overtake Webber in the end.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
    Whoa, whoa, whoa...Hamilton did not wreck, he was flying past Button who closed the door on him. I'm glad Button won because I hate Red Bull and Vettel but if you thought Button was doing well towards the end (which I did, very impressive drive those last few laps) I think we can all agree Hamilton would have done even better.
    In the results it said his car was out due to an accident, so no wreck?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,236
    Rep Points
    6,785.2
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    Button never saw him in the.spray when LH tried to pass, so he stayed on the.racing line.
    This made.them touch, giving JB a shunt which he could correct, but put LH in the.wall left of the pits straight. His left rear touched the wall and.broke the.rim, and.damaged the suspension, leaving LH to park the.car in turn 5.
    So, no.wreck...
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Button never saw him in the.spray when LH tried to pass, so he stayed on the.racing line.
    This made.them touch, giving JB a shunt which he could correct, but put LH in the.wall left of the pits straight. His left rear touched the wall and.broke the.rim, and.damaged the suspension, leaving LH to park the.car in turn 5.
    So, no.wreck...
    I don't understand, how is that not a wreck? He couldn't use the car anymore after Hamilton touched the wall right?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,236
    Rep Points
    6,785.2
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    Wreck=bits of carbon flying, lot of.debris. This was an exploding tire, a wobbly tire and LH stopping 4 corners later. No spectacle. Although the marshals tried to wreck the car when they tried to get it back to thepits during the red flag period by racing it through corners while the car was suspended on a band behind the tow truck. Mc L aren people were not amused.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Wreck=bits of carbon flying, lot of.debris. This was an exploding tire, a wobbly tire and LH stopping 4 corners later. No spectacle. Although the marshals tried to wreck the car when they tried to get it back to thepits during the red flag period by racing it through corners while the car was suspended on a band behind the tow truck. Mc L aren people were not amused.
    I understand it wasn't a big crash or anything but I mean he did wreck out of the race. It just seems to be an issue of interpretation.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,236
    Rep Points
    6,785.2
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    You should have watched this, man. You missed a great race. And with the 2 hour delay it was early aftrrnoon for you...
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    You should have watched this, man. You missed a great race. And with the 2 hour delay it was early aftrrnoon for you...
    I was asleep after Le Mans!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mildenhall, UK
    Posts
    749
    Rep Points
    681.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Wreck=bits of carbon flying, lot of.debris. This was an exploding tire, a wobbly tire and LH stopping 4 corners later. No spectacle. Although the marshals tried to wreck the car when they tried to get it back to thepits during the red flag period by racing it through corners while the car was suspended on a band behind the tow truck. Mc L aren people were not amused.
    I was pretty amused by it. It was funny seeing the car swing sidways and bouncing off the ground. But when you own or work on a million dollar race car, I wouldn't be laughing either. If they caused more damage to the car from it, Mclaren should demand the race officials pay for it.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,236
    Rep Points
    6,785.2
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I was asleep after Le Mans!
    I slept for 2 1/5 hours...
    Wouldn't have missed this race for the world.
    Not this season.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    I slept for 2 1/5 hours...
    Wouldn't have missed this race for the world.
    Not this season.
    I'll try harder Click here to enlarge

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,236
    Rep Points
    6,785.2
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'll try harder Click here to enlarge
    Hahaha, just find a torrent to watch it. Although my personal opinion is I do not enjoy the race if I know the outcome.
    After my holiday I kept myself in F1 quarantaine untill I had seen the races I recorded.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Although my personal opinion is I do not enjoy the race if I know the outcome.
    Same here, can't watch any sports if I know what will happen.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •