Close

View Poll Results: Do you give beggars money?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 5.26%
  • No

7 36.84%
  • Sometimes

11 57.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I sometimes do. I've seen fake begger and real homeless people. I remember one time giving someone money at the underpass near the mall I was headed to and 40 minutes later I saw him again getting into his Audi A4 in that mall's parking lot. Jackball!

A Good story though. When I was stationed in Japan, I remember walking in downtown Tokyo and an old guy came up and asked for money to get food. I gave him 1000 yen ($10) the smallest bill I had on me. He thanked me, bowed, and took off the the store. I followed him thinking he was going to buy beer with it. He bought a bunch of sandwiches with it. he came out and started shoving them down. I felt so bad for him, I walked up and gave him another 1000 yen. He refused to take it, but I insisted. He started tearing up and thanking me.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    A Good story though. When I was stationed in Japan, I remember walking in downtown Tokyo and an old guy came up and asked for money to get food. I gave him 1000 yen ($10) the smallest bill I had on me. He thanked me, bowed, and took off the the store. I followed him thinking he was going to buy beer with it. He bought a bunch of sandwiches with it. he came out and started shoving them down. I felt so bad for him, I walked up and gave him another 1000 yen. He refused to take it, but I insisted. He started tearing up and thanking me.
    Don't make us cry man Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Don't make us cry man Click here to enlarge
    lol, baby, jk

You can never forget something like that. I can't stand the fake beggers, cause you really do have people that are down on their luck and for whatever reasons they have are forced to beg for money or food.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I always have a spare sandwich and cup of coffee in my pocket to offer those who are asking for money for such items.
    Click here to enlarge
    milkt org

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    lol, baby, jk

You can never forget something like that. I can't stand the fake beggers, cause you really do have people that are down on their luck and for whatever reasons they have are forced to beg for money or food.
    Yes, It's a cruel world.

Now I'm thinking about that tiny scratch on my car, and right now someone else is thinking about how to find something to eat, Damn.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think it is important that we show mercy and not be vain. If I was in that situation for a few weeks and was homeless temporarily, I would atleast want someone to help. (granted I'd find something someway and not be homeless...but still)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    I think it is important that we show mercy and not be vain. If I was in that situation for a few weeks and was homeless temporarily, I would atleast want someone to help. (granted I'd find something someway and not be homeless...but still)
    Yes, But I still won't give a beggar money. He can ask for a job, honestly if someone in a bad condition comes and asks for a job I will find one for him/her no matter what. But sitting somewhere and waiting for other people's help ? well I'm not that shallow anymore to give him/her money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^agreed. The place I usually see beggars always has different ones, so I give them money. If I see the same one every time for a long time, I'll just not give him anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I may give a homeless person some food. But I will not give them cash.

Likewise, I do not donate money to charities, but if I'm in the giving mood, I'll ask them what they need, and help provide if I can.

Cash donations (homeless or otherwise) are used for the wrong purposes, more often than not.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How do you give people food? Milkt brought up a good point there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    How do you give people food? Milkt brought up a good point there.
    Make sure it is sealed, heard some stupid $#@! about beggars suing people for giving him unsealed stuff that "made them sick" - not sure how true these are...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12