Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Weistec Supercharger impressions..

Hello. On Saturday i picked up my CLK63 Black Series after the installation of the Weistec supercharger. I have basically driven it all weekend in city driving, suburban driving, and highway driving. I am very glad i put this on my car. I have 4 AMGs and have modified all of them so, while I have no technical knowledge whatsoever, i do have some experience driving modified mercs. Setting aside the phenomenal driving capabilities of the stock BS, the car feels substantially improved with this modification.

Firstly, despite my fears the noise from the supercharger is barely noticeable at highway speeds. To anyone but a fanatic the noise is inaudible. To the fanatic there is just a faint whine when you get on it. I love that. At regular city speeds particularly in 2nd/3rd there is a whine but it is far from offensive. With the windows up you can't hear it at all under any driving conditions.

Ok, now to the goodstuff. The power from the car now is something that just amazes me. Previously, my 540hp Brabus modded C63, which has more power than a standard BS, felt considerably lighter to me and more powerful than the BS and the most powerful of my 4 AMGs. The BS now feels the best by far!!

With the torque curve so flat there is virtually the same power at the disposal of your right foot in 4th at 80km/hr as there is in 2nd taking off. I was driving up a small hill in 5th at 70km/hr today and spun the wheels before i had the chance to change down to a more appropriate gear. With just the standard 285 rear tyres my car lost traction even without a sc so I think wider tyres on any car with this supercharger are a must to take maximum advantage of the amazing power available. I have put 305 Corsa on the back and they are just enough.

Anyone of my mates who had a drive of the car this weekend immediately spun the wheels on takeoff (as i did the first time i drove it). After a few minutes one can easily get the hang of how much throttle to apply and rapidly launch the car without wheel spin. Once launched the car just keeps pulling and pulling in a way that is just awesome. Tonight I drove my SL63 modded to about 570hp straight after driving the BS and, setting aside the obvious weight difference, it felt like an absolute boat by comparison to supercharged car.

I have no idea how this car will perform in a quarter mile etc etc as i never get to the dragstrip (although i am confident it would blow my brains out). As a daily driver it is, in short, utterly utterly awesome!!Click here to enlarge And the 'experts' said it would never happen to the 63. Here's to Weistec!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like you are having fun! Let's see some pics with the new wheels.

E

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maverick1975 Click here to enlarge
    Hello. On Saturday i picked up my CLK63 Black Series after the installation of the Weistec supercharger. I have basically driven it all weekend in city driving, suburban driving, and highway driving. I am very glad i put this on my car. I have 4 AMGs and have modified all of them so, while I have no technical knowledge whatsoever, i do have some experience driving modified mercs. Setting aside the phenomenal driving capabilities of the stock BS, the car feels substantially improved with this modification.

Firstly, despite my fears the noise from the supercharger is barely noticeable at highway speeds. To anyone but a fanatic the noise is inaudible. To the fanatic there is just a faint whine when you get on it. I love that. At regular city speeds particularly in 2nd/3rd there is a whine but it is far from offensive. With the windows up you can't hear it at all under any driving conditions.

Ok, now to the goodstuff. The power from the car now is something that just amazes me. Previously, my 540hp Brabus modded C63, which has more power than a standard BS, felt considerably lighter to me and more powerful than the BS and the most powerful of my 4 AMGs. The BS now feels the best by far!!

With the torque curve so flat there is virtually the same power at the disposal of your right foot in 4th at 80km/hr as there is in 2nd taking off. I was driving up a small hill in 5th at 70km/hr today and spun the wheels before i had the chance to change down to a more appropriate gear. With just the standard 285 rear tyres my car lost traction even without a sc so I think wider tyres on any car with this supercharger are a must to take maximum advantage of the amazing power available. I have put 305 Corsa on the back and they are just enough.

Anyone of my mates who had a drive of the car this weekend immediately spun the wheels on takeoff (as i did the first time i drove it). After a few minutes one can easily get the hang of how much throttle to apply and rapidly launch the car without wheel spin. Once launched the car just keeps pulling and pulling in a way that is just awesome. Tonight I drove my SL63 modded to about 570hp straight after driving the BS and, setting aside the obvious weight difference, it felt like an absolute boat by comparison to supercharged car.

I have no idea how this car will perform in a quarter mile etc etc as i never get to the dragstrip (although i am confident it would blow my brains out). As a daily driver it is, in short, utterly utterly awesome!!Click here to enlarge And the 'experts' said it would never happen to the 63. Here's to Weistec!!
    Thank you for your impressions.

You are an Australian member, correct? Who did your install and does Weistec have authorized dealers to do installs in Australia? I'm just impressed they have an overseas presence already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It was installed by Ramspeed in Sydney Australia. They are Weistec's authorised installer for Australia & New Zealand

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It was installed by Ramspeed in Sydney Australia. They are Weistec's authorised installer for Australia & New Zealand
    Excellent, thank you!

Any chance we can some photos?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Awesome write-up, your car must be insaaane! You need to make some vids of this beast, or at least get us some pics of it Click here to enlarge

I think my next car is a CLK BS Click here to enlarge love em

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Moose Click here to enlarge
    You need to make some vids of this beast, or at least get us some pics of it
    Ditto Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ditto Click here to enlarge
    I have tried loading photos but then i get told the file sizes are too big. Its all too hardClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have tried loading photos but then i get told the file sizes are too big. Its all too hardClick here to enlarge
    I'm going to try to come up with an idiot proof (not directed at you, just saying anyone can use) image uploading system.

I wish they had something that auto-resized the uploads.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good post and thanks for the feedback. Do you have any objective data or just seat of the pants so far? Any chance of track results before & aftrer?

TIA!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good stuff man, are you the guy with the ML63 sig on MBW?? If so then you have a great collection and now adding this beast must have completed it Click here to enlarge

Lets get some pics buddy
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
    Good post and thanks for the feedback. Do you have any objective data or just seat of the pants so far? Any chance of track results before & aftrer?

TIA!
    see here for data: http://www.benzboost.com/showthread....c-supercharger

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Karo Click here to enlarge
    Good stuff man, are you the guy with the ML63 sig on MBW?? If so then you have a great collection and now adding this beast must have completed it Click here to enlarge

Lets get some pics buddy
    Yes i am that guy. I have previously posted pics of my Black Series on CLK BS forum on MBW

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes i am that guy. I have previously posted pics of my Black Series on CLK BS forum on MBW
    We want to get people coming here... not going there Click here to enlarge

Go ahead an e-mail me any photos and I'll help you out: administrator@benzboost.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    We want to get people coming here... not going there Click here to enlarge

Go ahead an e-mail me any photos and I'll help you out: administrator@benzboost.com
    Understood. I will email a bunch of photos in a few emails to you. Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know this is not a question normally asked but since I am considering a 63 for my wife to replace her 11 sec 335 what kind of consumption are you getting. Did it get much worse?