Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Tone Audio Magazine

If there is one thing I cannot stand is BS and lying. And Jeff Dorgay and his fictitious online magazine Tone Audio is the biggest BS'er I have ever met. Not to be a little naive, but I actually thought mainstream publications were suppose to review with somewhat of a unbiased mind. Not so with Mr. Dorgay. He gives all his advertisers all A+ reviews, and if you happen to criticize his fisting buddies, he threatens the forums he pays to be a member of, that he will pull his funds. He told me to buy a certain product in the audio field, because they paid for his trip to Germany. And when I criticized the company, he had me banned from Audio Aficionado. Just a heads up, if you read his POS rag, all his reviews are based on what he gets in return, and tries to get his readers to buy from those companies that advertise with him. Don't worry, I saved all the emails he sent me . I have met some big ass*oles in my life, but this guy takes the cake.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thanks for the heads up. I hate forums that are controlled based on what vendors try and push. Especially when someone is asking a certain question and then gets booted for trying to support facts. After all we are the only people who give them the time of day. That is just one of the reasons I would rather be a part of this community instead of others, similar but not close to the maturity level.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post the emails!
    whats the difference between a ginger and a shoe.........shoes have soles

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

never heard of this magazine, more details please.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just google Tone Audio Magazine. The only good thing is it is free. I guess that is why every singe advertiser gets a A+ review, and the publisher gets free gear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sorry, but there are some things that should remain private. Let's just say every product he recommended that I buy, advertise in his rag.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    Sorry, but there are some things that should remain private. Let's just say every product he recommended that I buy, advertise in his rag.
    Well, no surprise but thanks for the heads up.

Mainstream publications actually have to bend the most to vendor will. Their advertising revenue is huge... imagine if one of the big names pulls out, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes, I understand and agree. But what is total BS and makes Heidi Fliess look like a kindergarten teacher, is to come off as a high and mighty impartial reviewer. When in fact, the magazine is nothing but a highlight brochure for a particular A/V company, bought and paid, please wash your hands on the way out. Not to tute Sticky's "horn" Click here to enlarge, but this website is how it should be done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    Not to tute Sticky's "horn" , but this website is how it should be done.
    Well, not brag that I know what I'm doing or anything but... yes.