Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 205
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,051
    Rep Points
    339.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    rather get a E550 Coupe with the TT V8 and tune it
    I don't think its coming out for the 550.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northport NY
    Posts
    1,550
    Rep Points
    736.0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Hey jon why don't u come to Englishtown on saturday the 11th @ 5pm you can run the freak!?
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonsC63AMG Click here to enlarge
    I don't think its coming out for the 550.
    yES IT IS

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    2,042
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ''the eight-cylinder E550 will ditch its naturally aspirated 5.5-liter V8 in favor of a twin-turbocharged 4.6-liter unit with direct-injection, currently found in the CL550 coupe. In the E-Class, this engine will be good for 402 hp and 443 lb-ft improvements of 20 and 52, respectively"

    AUTOBLOG

    http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/05/2...n-v6-twin-tur/

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,223
    Rep Points
    31,320.2
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    as much as i like the BLACK SERIES cars , $100k for 60 more horsepower than a regular c63 is a bit much for me . i paid right at $66 for mine brand new . i have about $10k in performance parts and install and i am making way more than 510 . i know this will be a limited edition vehicle but i can't justify the price for basically the same motor as we already have . they should have gone forced induction !
    I completely agree with you.

    There is a redundancy here with the CLK 63 BS.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,051
    Rep Points
    339.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Hey jon why don't u come to Englishtown on saturday the 11th @ 5pm you can run the freak!?
    Sorry bro I have a diverse life then driving the car down the 1/4 mile. Come out with your bicycle on the weekend for a 60mile ride and lets see how long you last. Bet you any $ you wont last.Click here to enlarge Sorry you had to dig.Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northport NY
    Posts
    1,550
    Rep Points
    736.0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonsC63AMG Click here to enlarge
    Sorry bro I have a diverse life then driving the car down the 1/4 mile. Come out with your bicycle on the weekend for a 60mile ride and lets see how long you last. Bet you any $ you wont last.Click here to enlarge Sorry you had to dig.Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    No that's cool? It's no dig at all last time I looked I didn't pronounce myself as a factory freak bicycle rider and do so on 2 forums over a span of months? But that's cool.. Its fine I have a bike I'll ride with you anytime will I win probably not but I won't be to pussi to show up!! What type of handycap do I get for being a normal adult size person appose to a 10 year old size?
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    82
    Rep Points
    202.3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The Black Series is so much more than just a few more hp. I have not seen what they are going to do with this one but the previous one was pretty much set up as a track car. Adjustable coil overs on all 4 wheels, adjustable suspension settings, at least more than a normal car. External differential cooler. Additional oil coolers. Faster shifts. Etc... There really is no comparison to a normal production car. If you took a normal c63 and added the items to get it there it would be pretty close to the same money or more.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -254.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    no man, i don't think changing suspension costs you $30,000.
    also you should note it has less equipment, so it lowers the base price.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    404
    Rep Points
    611.6
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whipplem104 Click here to enlarge
    The Black Series is so much more than just a few more hp. I have not seen what they are going to do with this one but the previous one was pretty much set up as a track car. Adjustable coil overs on all 4 wheels, adjustable suspension settings, at least more than a normal car. External differential cooler. Additional oil coolers. Faster shifts. Etc... There really is no comparison to a normal production car. If you took a normal c63 and added the items to get it there it would be pretty close to the same money or more.
    stock c63 ( mine for instance ) - $66k
    KWs - $4k installed ( + or - )
    Weistec - $15k + install ( $2000 ? )
    MHP tune for Weistec - $4000
    MHP 3" headers and mids - $3500
    custom wheels and tires - $5000
    total price = right at $100k

    i will take this absolute monster over BS anytime

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    stock c63 ( mine for instance ) - $66k
    KWs - $4k installed ( + or - )
    Weistec - $15k + install ( $2000 ? )
    MHP tune for Weistec - $4000
    MHP 3" headers and mids - $3500
    custom wheels and tires - $5000
    total price = right at $100k

    i will take this absolute monster over BS anytime
    Sure, you could get all that done and have a great car....but you wouldn't have a warranty. That's the rub. AMG produces these very exclusive, limited edition vehicles that are basically modified at the factory and covered under the full factory warranty. Plus, chances are you won't see another one running around like you do C63's which are a dime a dozen...modified or not. Black Series cars are track ready and made to take the abuse yet retain a factory warranty. Try taking your modified vehicle you spec'd out above to the track and running it hard all day long and I guarantee you something is gonna break.
    You gotta pay to play.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,051
    Rep Points
    339.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    No that's cool? It's no dig at all last time I looked I didn't pronounce myself as a factory freak bicycle rider and do so on 2 forums over a span of months? But that's cool.. Its fine I have a bike I'll ride with you anytime will I win probably not but I won't be to pussi to show up!! What type of handycap do I get for being a normal adult size person appose to a 10 year old size?
    Obviously you have no clue about cycling.Click here to enlarge

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,223
    Rep Points
    31,320.2
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Sure, you could get all that done and have a great car....but you wouldn't have a warranty. That's the rub. AMG produces these very exclusive, limited edition vehicles that are basically modified at the factory and covered under the full factory warranty. Plus, chances are you won't see another one running around like you do C63's which are a dime a dozen...modified or not. Black Series cars are track ready and made to take the abuse yet retain a factory warranty. Try taking your modified vehicle you spec'd out above to the track and running it hard all day long and I guarantee you something is gonna break.
    You gotta pay to play.
    Exactly, you gotta pay to play and some people care more about performance than their warranty. I will never be able to buy a factory BMW for example offering me the performance I can get in the aftermarket, warranty be damned.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    404
    Rep Points
    611.6
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Sure, you could get all that done and have a great car....but you wouldn't have a warranty. That's the rub. AMG produces these very exclusive, limited edition vehicles that are basically modified at the factory and covered under the full factory warranty. Plus, chances are you won't see another one running around like you do C63's which are a dime a dozen...modified or not. Black Series cars are track ready and made to take the abuse yet retain a factory warranty. Try taking your modified vehicle you spec'd out above to the track and running it hard all day long and I guarantee you something is gonna break.
    You gotta pay to play.
    i agree with the warranty part of your comment but how many people take a high performance vehicle and keep it completely stock ? i understand the car is performance ready and has a warranty but i can tell you right now that the people that buy this BS are going to do a little something extra to it ( performance wise ) cuz that's the nature of the beast . i know for sure that it takes next to nothing to actually void a factory warranty . don't get me wrong , i'm sure the car will be a great vehicle for some people but if i am going to pay $100k for a vehicle , it's going to be my Burger King car and i'm gonna have it my way .

    by the way , where are you that the C63 is dime a dozen ? i consider dime a dozen cars to be the Volkswagen Beetle , Chevrolet Camaro and Ford Mustang . Click here to enlarge

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge

    by the way , where are you that the C63 is dime a dozen ? i consider dime a dozen cars to be the Volkswagen Beetle , Chevrolet Camaro and Ford Mustang . Click here to enlarge
    Los Angeles - Car capital of the world. I see at least 5 to 10 C63's per day and sometimes more. I agree with you about performance and wanting to mod, but this debate is about what you get for the $100k. Exclusivity has an inherent value...But my point about the warranty is not just that. It's that the car is modified from the factory and with a simple tune, these Black Series cars are very capable where they are intended to be used, on a road course. I think too many people put WAY too much emphasis on 1/4 mile times that really don't mean squat other than how fast the car can go in a straight line and bragging rights. That does not give you a true picture of what the car is all about. And modding it for JUST for that purpose is bastardizing the car IMO.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,223
    Rep Points
    31,320.2
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    And modding it for JUST for that purpose is bastardizing the car IMO.
    I'll have to take you for a ride sometime.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,223
    Rep Points
    31,320.2
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    New spy video:


  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    404
    Rep Points
    611.6
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    And modding it for JUST for that purpose is bastardizing the car IMO.
    well since i am no where near any sort of track , i will continue to JUST bastardize my cars to the best of my ability

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I agree with you about performance and wanting to mod, but this debate is about what you get for the $100k.
    you are correct , and for the $100k , i will take my own creation over the BS . actually , i might even take the 2012 GTR over the BS ( although i might be lying about the GTR cuz i am such a huge Mercedes fan ) . with all this said , i would love to see the BS in person or in action . it's just not my cup of tea as far as a purchase goes .

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    61.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonsC63AMG Click here to enlarge
    Obviously you have no clue about cycling.Click here to enlarge
    And that is something a man should be proud of???? LOL

    Nobody gave a rat's ass about Lance Armstrong until he got nut cancer.
    Click here to enlarge
    11.38@126.1 MHP Stg 2
    C32 AMG 13.6@104 Bone Stock


  20. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    CA and AZ
    Posts
    237
    Rep Points
    148.7
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amgftw Click here to enlarge
    And that is something a man should be proud of???? LOL

    Nobody gave a rat's ass about Lance Armstrong until he got nut cancer.
    He did not win until he got cancer....

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    40
    Rep Points
    61.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Down a nut = weight reduction
    Click here to enlarge
    11.38@126.1 MHP Stg 2
    C32 AMG 13.6@104 Bone Stock


  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,223
    Rep Points
    31,320.2
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@MHP Click here to enlarge
    He did not win until he got cancer....
    And likely because of other things going on...

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,051
    Rep Points
    339.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@MHP Click here to enlarge
    He did not win until he got cancer....
    Another guy who is clueless about cycling.Click here to enlarge Lance won so many races before he hit his 20th birthday. Won the worlds,nationals,winning many races here in the U.S.A. It was too easy here so he went to europe to race and became the only man who won the Tour de France 7 times.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,051
    Rep Points
    339.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amgftw Click here to enlarge
    And that is something a man should be proud of???? LOL

    Nobody gave a rat's ass about Lance Armstrong until he got nut cancer.
    Not to try the subject but ANYONE could run the 1/4 mile and get a #. Get on a bicycle and win races at the top level-separates the men from the boys. It takes dedication,lots of training to become a winner. Never comes over night.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,223
    Rep Points
    31,320.2
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonsC63AMG Click here to enlarge
    Not to try the subject but ANYONE could run the 1/4 mile and get a #. Get on a bicycle and win races at the top level-separates the men from the boys. It takes dedication,lots of training to become a winner. Never comes over night.
    This is a ridiculous comparison.

    Anyone can get on a bike too but not everyone can win and not everyone can set a good 1/4 mile time or win a motorsports event.

    You think Formula 1 drivers are made overnight? Come on, this is absurd.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •