Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Sure all human beings are equal, but that argument doesnt apply, because thats like saying im equal to a liberian machete tribal murderer. We are both human? Yes we are but we both have vastly different outlooks on life. Israel has no problem declaring peace and soverignty as long as palestinians stop the bull$#@! voting terror groups into office, and yes they are terror groups not 'revolutionaries' or 'martyrs'. They are terror groups recognized as such by 100+ countries.
    Just because you have different outlooks on life doesn't mean you all don't have basic inalienable human rights.

thats your typical argument "what came first the chicken or egg, the victim or the oppressor"

My short answer is, who cares, Israel is there to stay, they have control over that region and rightfully so, just like the US took control over the north american continent 200 years ago, should we give it back to the indians?

palestinians are causing a lot more grief unto themselves the more they try and push back. Its not about living poor in slums, they have tons of money being funneled into them all the time but they use it for evil. Israel on the other hand comes up with medications to cure diseases, technology for entertainment and defense mechanisms for their civilians. Believe it or not they are not as bloodthirsty as you think.
    I have no idea what will happen. State have come and gone before.

Yes, the US killed Indians and took their land. Was it right? No. How does that excuse occupying Palestinian land against International law? If anything that just makes it look worse.

Isn't Israel the largest recipient of US foreign aid? Can't the argument be made they are using those funds to arms themselves? What is the difference? That one set of funds comes from the US to buy US arms?

i am sure you have taken a few courses and done well, most people arent as educated as you on the subject, im serious. But ive lived in different cities, in israel, near gaza/israeli borders, near jordan/israeli borders and the muslim arabs that live in israel are the happiest and most complimentary people to the israeli government. Because they accepted the fact that this country is not going to be dissolved into shia law and are content living in a free world
    I have yet to go to Israel and don't really have any desire to. I can't speak from experience but I do know my mother went a few years back and let me know they both treat each other like $#@! there.

It's for their own good, look at the 22 other muslim countries and tell me if gazans had their own government that it would end well, you cant convince me of that because ive seen it first hand what they are capable of doing, turning beautiful green pastures developed by israeli agriculture into sandy slums ran by hamas rocket shacks. Believe it or not, israel has pioneered low water content agriculture and turned a desert into green landscape.

Theres a reason they are miserable, and its not 100% israels fault, contrary to popular belief.

by the way, this is OT, israeli scientists developed the XBOX kinect motion and photo-recognition technology that is being used today by microsoft. It was developed in Tel-Aviv, just throwing that out there
    Yes, and Intel has a huge plant in Israel as well. Although I love my Xbox I don't love it enough to allow a country to violate UN Resolutions. How the world turns a blind eye to this I have no idea, just goes to show the United Nations is worthless.

I think the point is those people are free to make whatever government they want and it isn't our concern. Sure, we might not like it but it's their land, their people, and they should live how they want. This is sort of the American view of applying our ideals on others and if they don't think the same way they are barbarians or backwards. Wasn't a Hezbollah government elected democratically? Yet once that happened it wasn't recognized because it didn't agree with Israel or the US? That is BS. I don't like Hezbollah, but the people elected them. We like to pick and choose our principles and that sucks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's hard to grant other people basic human rights when they dont even grant their own people these rights. You cant play poker with a person that only knows how to play blackjack.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Of course it was wrong for the US to kill and rape the indians land, I think we should give it all back. Because they were here first.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's hard to grant other people basic human rights when they dont even grant their own people these rights. You cant play poker with a person that only knows how to play blackjack.
    Just because they don't play by the same rules doesn't excuse you from doing so. If we believe something, we should believe it across the board or else it is pointless. As in, we believe in inalienable rights such as liberty and the right to life.

If they do not, that is fine, but we are in the United Nations as is Israel and we believe in these ideals therefore they should not pick and choose what resolutions they apply as it makes them hypocrites.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Of course it was wrong for the US to kill and rape the indians land, I think we should give it all back. Because they were here first.
    The US has handled the aftermath of this with at least some decency, offering the Indians land as well as tax free status. They lost most of it, true, we took it. Still wrong and hopefully we learned something.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I still have a hard time understanding why some compare the US taking land from Indians and Israel taking land from Palestinians, it is not the same. We're talking about the Holy land here, it is highly valued by all three major Religions. I'm not saying the land the Indians lost is worthless, but I don't think it should be compared to the birth place of Jesus and many other Holy sites.

Back on topic, I think its a great thing the border has been reopened by Egypt. No peoples should have to live the way the people in Gaza did. At least now they will be able to bring in some of the basic supplies they need to live and also slowly rebuild what was destroyed back in 2008. I'm sure many believe this will also fuel Hamas and attacks on Israel, but they were beefing up even with the borders closed. I don't believe they will attack Israel, not anytime soon at least, and especially not with a big September coming up with the UN. My prediction is if things don't go as planned this September, or if there is no peace agreement between the two sides (which there most likely will not be) then there will be violence.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Moose Click here to enlarge
    I still have a hard time understanding why some compare the US taking land from Indians and Israel taking land from Palestinians, it is not the same. We're talking about the Holy land here, it is highly valued by all three major Religions. I'm not saying the land the Indians lost is worthless, but I don't think it should be compared to the birth place of Jesus and many other Holy sites.
    There is a large different here and this is what makes it a unique situation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12