Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

GT3's First Kill

On the way home from dinner last night I happened to catch a light with a blacked out, and what I assume to be stock, CL55. After exchanging nods I knew that the light change was going to occur soon and brought the revs up around 5k. Light turned and I ended up executing a 9/10 launch, too many revs or slipping the clutch too quickly, and the clutch goes up in smoke due to the incredible off the line traction of rear engine/rwd layout--too few and it wheelhops like a $#@!. I then rip off a perfect 1-2 at 8500rpm, a slight 100rpm bump over the stock tune; I was running my v4 DME, Porsche Motorsport AG GT2 Cup File/98-100 oct, Variocam, TC, PASM Map Patches. At this point I look over to get an idea of how things are going and look back to find him barely across the intersection, LOL. Wasted launch!!

Two minutes later we happen to both be in the middle of one of a few turns on a 5 lane road, as such I decided to let him have the hit. I could've gone WOT easily we were already passed the apex but he didn't seem comfy until we straightened out, so five seconds later he goes WOT. He didn't get more than 1/4-1/3 car out before my foot went through the floor. By the end of third gear (113) I was a good 4-5 cars ahead, by the end of 4th (144) he was a solid 10-12 cars back; definitely put more distance on him the faster we went.

Anyway it was a good and long overdue first kill for the GT3. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

good kill. wish you had a vid

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Me too! I don't trust the valets as far as leaving my camera in the car though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KiokenM3 Click here to enlarge
    good kill. wish you had a vid
    We would all love to see a vid but these days people want a vid of everything and it just isn't practical.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm still crying over the c63 going bye bye.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jim@MHP Click here to enlarge
    I'm still crying over the c63 going bye bye.
    What happened? Sold?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

nice! i want a gt3!!! now!! i am selling my car...might buy 1 Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What happened? Sold?
    Yes it's being sold currently.

Moving on to the next drag platform and record we want to own. 65 AMG. Click here to enlarge

Wanted to go 997.1 TT but we felt the need to take advantage of the larger turbos we now have access to for 65s (not SL65 BS, larger). Tune only will be 780HP/920lb/ft. With upgraded turbos, IC, pump 950HP/1100lb/ft.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammyrusso Click here to enlarge
    nice! i want a gt3!!! now!! i am selling my car...might buy 1 Click here to enlarge
    Awesome cars, but definitely not daily drivers. Love mine though. GT3s 997.2 is BADASS!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Awesome cars, but definitely not daily drivers. Love mine though. GT3s 997.2 is BADASS!
    Why not a daily? You can raise the nose now and adjust the PASM to comfort. I don't see any reason why it could not be.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Why not a daily? You can raise the nose now and adjust the PASM to comfort. I don't see any reason why it could not be.
    You can raise the nose with 997.2s but I don't think it's recommended for anything at speed, just going over bumps/driveway curbs. Even with PASM off the cars bounce around a lot, mainly at low speeds. Problem is they scrape on everything. The lower lip is cheap (for Porsche especially) at around $350 so I don't care so much but it's still kind of annoying hearing it.
    The seats are fine and would be for long trips, but despite having a tall rear diff ratio the car has a short (useable) 6th gear meaning 3000rpm at ~80mph. Cruising at 100 is a 4k+ proposition. Ingress and egress are a PITA due to the ride height. No backseat and minimal storage area up front don't help either.

Then there is the issue of tires. 997.1s came with Pirelli Corsa's and it actually states in the owners manual not to drive the car in the rain. Yes you could fix this by going with different tires no question, probably eliminate some road noise and gain comfort in the process.

Fuel economy isn't bad at all though.

I suppose a dedicated purist could do it, but they are really only fun cars to drive when you're going 7-8/10ths or better. I'd prefer a new M5 for a daily driver--still wishing it had come with a N/A stroked S85. :p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

You can raise the nose with 997.2s but I don't think it's recommended for anything at speed, just going over bumps/driveway curbs. Even with PASM off the cars bounce around a lot, mainly at low speeds. Problem is they scrape on everything. The lower lip is cheap (for Porsche especially) at around $350 so I don't care so much but it's still kind of annoying hearing it.
    The seats are fine and would be for long trips, but despite having a tall rear diff ratio the car has a short (useable) 6th gear meaning 3000rpm at ~80mph. Cruising at 100 is a 4k+ proposition. Ingress and egress are a PITA due to the ride height. No backseat and minimal storage area up front don't help either.

Then there is the issue of tires. 997.1s came with Pirelli Corsa's and it actually states in the owners manual not to drive the car in the rain. Yes you could fix this by going with different tires no question, probably eliminate some road noise and gain comfort in the process.

Fuel economy isn't bad at all though.

I suppose a dedicated purist could do it, but they are really only fun cars to drive when you're going 7-8/10ths or better. I'd prefer a new M5 for a daily driver--still wishing it had come with a N/A stroked S85. :p
    It can can come with a stroked S85.. just up to you to do it Click here to enlarge

I would have personally liked for the M3 to have a bored/stroked S85 with some headwork and aggressive cams. But... then we are talking a ton of cash.

I'm sure I will do an S85 powered something when I'm done with this project.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It can can come with a stroked S85.. just up to you to do it Click here to enlarge
    Unfortunately I think most are going to cave instantly with the turbo power/torque. We get 620HP/595lb/ft with just ECU tuning on the X5M and X6Ms. Hard to deny that kind of power. With our larger turbo upgrade 750HP/800lb/ft.

Click here to enlarge

I would have personally liked for the M3 to have a bored/stroked S85 with some headwork and aggressive cams. But... then we are talking a ton of cash.
    That would've been a sweet car. Even if they only made a few.

I'm sure I will do an S85 powered something when I'm done with this project.
    That would be the ultimate in badass. Please for the good of everyone, do it! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

If you have N63/S63 engine tuning options along with upgraded turbos, what the hell are you doing? Give me the info! Let me write it up or post in the section N63 section.

Dynos, info, whatever, what are you waiting for? :teasing-whipblue:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If you have N63/S63 engine tuning options along with upgraded turbos, what the hell are you doing? Give me the info! Let me write it up or post in the section N63 section.

Dynos, info, whatever, what are you waiting for? :teasing-whipblue:
    LOL, why the thought never crossed my mind I have no idea...

I'll email some customers and see if they dyno'd before/after also get some updated pics of the larger turbo X5M/X6Ms then post. I can OBD or benchflash the X5M, X6M, 750s. OBD it's a 4 minute read/write, and an easy 65HP/95lb/ft gain ECU only either way. List price is $3995 for v3 ECU tuning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

LOL, why the thought never crossed my mind I have no idea...

I'll email some customers and see if they dyno'd before/after also get some updated pics of the larger turbo X5M/X6Ms then post. I can OBD or benchflash the X5M, X6M, 750s. OBD it's a 4 minute read/write, and an easy 65HP/95lb/ft gain ECU only either way. List price is $3995 for v3 ECU tuning.
    I need you to e-mail me some details on the tuning and what is available. I will do a write up, post it, and make it front page news Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man, a 750 with 750hp/800trq? DROOL!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stahlgrau Click here to enlarge
    Man, a 750 with 750hp/800trq? DROOL!
    And it can be had with AWD Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The ultimate DD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The XM5, XM6s MOVE with a tune, but they really aren't bad stock.

You can't dyno them however, heard back from 3 customers today that tried, which kind of sucks but you see the results when racing a control car or at the track.

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

The XM5, XM6s MOVE with a tune, but they really aren't bad stock.

You can't dyno them however, heard back from 3 customers today that tried, which kind of sucks but you see the results when racing a control car or at the track.

Thanks
    Why can't you dyno them? I have seen dyno numbers on an AWD dyno dynamics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Why can't you dyno them? I have seen dyno numbers on an AWD dyno dynamics.
    That may be the reason why, not sure any of them have access to an AWD dyno, I was too busy to ask--I'll find out. Hopefully some of the others I emailed will send me an objective graph or two.

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

definitely can be! everyones got different tolerances...i would daily drive an exige if it wasnt such a pain to get in and out of, and i know people that do. Gt3 all day, breakfast lunch and dinner!!!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

definitely can be! everyones got different tolerances...i would daily drive an exige if it wasnt such a pain to get in and out of, and i know people that do. Gt3 all day, breakfast lunch and dinner!!!
    I do not disagree with this!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I do not disagree with this!
    You're both right, lol, I'm getting old apparently. I have to admit I drive around 99.99% of the time with PASM on, so I may have a tainted view of what it's like with it off--and admittedly there is a large difference in body roll and far less head bobbing at low speeds (ie in the neighborhood going 25mph).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast