Close

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Thumbs up MHP S1 E55 Dyno Video and Results

MHP S1 E55 AMG, 2006:

497rwhp/600rwtq SAE, 93 Octane, 1:1/4th Gear, DJ

Mods:

MHP v3 CDT, MHP 178mm Pulley, MHP Thermostat, MHP Heat Exchanger, MHP IC Pump

Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Next up TB, cams and full catless exhaust.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

498 whp before throttle bodies, cams, and full exhaust is impressive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    498 whp before throttle bodies, cams, and full exhaust is impressive.
    Thanks, I like the 600rwtq better Click here to enlarge 730lb/ft at 18% DT loss with 2 power mods (tuning/smallish pulley) isn't a bad start. Still the 498rwhp puts this E 13th on the overall dragtimes E55 dyno list (entry was just edited and should be up by tom.), as noted more hardware on the way. Car needs a LSD badly before fall at MIR.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Holly Power-House Batman!!!!!! Click here to enlarge That's some serious power from just a pulley, tune, and some cooling mods..... I can't wait to see your final output Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks Mo.

Also worth noting 7k indicated is 7k actual in a 55k unlike a M156.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

thats a $#@!ing ton of torque
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Andy : Really Nice work !! That is a very good Number for both Torque & Horsepower , especially with those choke you to death stock exhaust Manifolds. That is what is killing your Horse power after 5750 RPM . Besides the fact the fuel curve went pig rich. I believe the smaller pulley is not an Issue , for street & Strip driving. Your heat soak recovery is much better. We ran a 190 mm driven pulley, years ago , Rear truck Ice box, 4 Row Heat exchanger, & 2 Pumps. We blasted through 2-10 lbs bags of Ice ,every 1/4 mile run. Then had a 45 minute cooling down period , before the next run. We never could set a new record , Torque management Issues !! really Bad, It would pull the Throttle back to 79%. ( You've got that Fixed ) Wish we had that answer back then! As progression goes on I would do the exhaust system first. Then Cams. Tuning and incremental, increases up to this point would be easier to see. And any vaccum ? air leaks would not be an issue , becaues the intake has not been distrubed . imho
    Cheers _PTEngineering

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by _PTE_ Click here to enlarge
    Andy : Really Nice work !! That is a very good Number for both Torque & Horsepower , especially with those choke you to death stock exhaust Manifolds. That is what is killing your Horse power after 5750 RPM . Besides the fact the fuel curve went pig rich. I believe the smaller pulley is not an Issue , for street & Strip driving. Your heat soak recovery is much better. We ran a 190 mm driven pulley, years ago , Rear truck Ice box, 4 Row Heat exchanger, & 2 Pumps. We blasted through 2-10 lbs bags of Ice ,every 1/4 mile run. Then had a 45 minute cooling down period , before the next run. We never could set a new record , Torque management Issues !! really Bad, It would pull the Throttle back to 79%. ( You've got that Fixed ) Wish we had that answer back then! As progression goes on I would do the exhaust system first. Then Cams. Tuning and incremental, increases up to this point would be easier to see. And any vaccum ? air leaks would not be an issue , becaues the intake has not been distrubed . imho
    Cheers _PTEngineering

Pat thanks my friend!

Coming from someone that knows these mills inside and out the comments are greatly appreciated. I'm with you on the smaller pulley theory, more boost = more heat and obviously less performance and consistency especially on the street. I'm more than satisfied with the 178 and may only play around with a larger pulley after the rest of the mods are done and dialed in.

I also agree with you in that in order to really uncork these motors you have to tune the TCU as well, so much TQ management going on in there, it's a must.

Next up: TB and Exhaust just like you called it. Click here to enlarge

Take care bud!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

This mimics my results. 498WHP/600WTQ - ASP pulley, IC pump, filters only. Custom dyno tune. Our dynapack is 1.0cf and reads +/- 3hp local dynojets.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    This mimics my results. 498WHP/600WTQ - ASP pulley, IC pump, filters only. Custom dyno tune. Our dynapack is 1.0cf and reads +/- 3hp local dynojets.
    Really? I've never seen HP or TQ as high with those 2 power mods. Especially Torque. You have to tune the TCU in able to do so, too many TQ limiters in there not too. Please post a graph/video if possible.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just checked the list again:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-22795.html

I don't see your entry Bren, nor anyone with comparable numbers with the same mods or even close to them.

Thanks