Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

E92 M3 vs MK6 GTI K04

Just saw this on another forum, had to post it up here.

2011 e92 M3 manual trans eisenmann race muffler and x pipe with a passenger VS 2011 VW GTI manual trans with Dieselgeek sigma6, APR carbiono stg1/2, APR tbe, golf r tails, euro switch, RNS-510 retrofit/w video in motion, 40%side 35%rear tint, rear wiper delete, bsh CC, neuspeed ic-tb pipe, AWE pancake pipe, S3 intercooler, defi gauges, Apr Ko4, VW RVC, AST 4100's, Hochkis F/R swaybars, 18x8 TD 1.2, 235 Dunlop star spec, F 6pot-R 4pot brembo

Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Go GTI! nice kill!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

dang that GTI pulled hard on that m3
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    dang that GTI pulled hard on that m3

Yea, but I think maybe cause they were both in 4th gear it was in the GTI's favor. If the m3 was in third and gti 4th It would have been a more even match. It still was a pretty good race tho, he said they tried it in different gears too but the outcome wasnt too different.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

the m3 needs gintani stage lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    the m3 needs gintani stage lol
    I think intake headers pulley and tune would be nice gains for the m3 without dropping to much dough. But who wouldnt want to ad a blower to their m3 Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I've ran some K04 powered Audi S4's and they are pretty quick. Good pair of quick spooling turbos with nice top end.
    his: _______________ hers: Mitsubishi Evolution X
    gone: R35 GT-R,
    C6 Z06, V2 CTS-V, E60 M5 SMG, CLK500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Don't know why the M3 would be in 4th gear at those speeds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    I've ran some K04 powered Audi S4's and they are pretty quick. Good pair of quick spooling turbos with nice top end.
    K04 S4's are much faster than this GTI.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    K04 S4's are much faster than this GTI.
    I dont know what to say about that.. B5 s4 weighs 3700 lbs and k04 turbo puts about 360 awhp maybe 380.. hp/lb ratio is 10.27. The Gti weighs 3100 lbs and puts from 320-340 whp the hp/lb ratio is 9.7. It would be a good race tho, I'd like to see that.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I dont know what to say about that.. B5 s4 weighs 3700 lbs and k04 turbo puts about 360 awhp maybe 380.. hp/lb ratio is 10.27. The Gti weighs 3100 lbs and puts from 320-340 whp the hp/lb ratio is 9.7. It would be a good race tho, I'd like to see that.
    Haven't K04 S4's run 10's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Still, thats just a good 60'. $#@! that, a GREAT 60' compared to the GTI. Its FWD will barely hit in the high 11's with stock set up.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Still, thats just a good 60'. $#@! that, a GREAT 60' compared to the GTI. Its FWD will barely hit in the high 11's with stock set up.
    But we are talking more power as well, two K04's on a 2.7 liter V6 vs. single on a 2.0 4 cylinder.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

But we are talking more power as well, two K04's on a 2.7 liter V6 vs. single on a 2.0 4 cylinder.
    Yea, I'm sure it will take it up top passed 120-30. But still you can have 500 whp but if your car weighs 4k... you're still not that fast. btw those k04's are smaller than the single k04 on the GTI. They're not the same wheel or compressor size.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yea, I'm sure it will take it up top passed 120-30. But still you can have 500 whp but if your car weighs 4k... you're still not that fast. btw those k04's are smaller than the single k04 on the GTI. They're not the same wheel or compressor size.

Bring the fastest k04 gti out to michigan And ill run you for 1k cash ... pay for your trip ect if i lose.... k04 s4s make 380-440whp depending on supporting mods on a S4..... k04 on 2.0t is the slowest thing Ive ever been in..... My buddy had a gt3071 on his gti and got walked by a b5 s4 k04 car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Youtube z06 vs twin turbo s4, video is by "tensecs4" or something...that's my z06 when it was bone stock against one of the quickest street s4's out thereat the time..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    Youtube z06 vs twin turbo s4, video is by "tensecs4" or something...that's my z06 when it was bone stock against one of the quickest street s4's out thereat the time..
    Marks full interior silver car was fast but the fastest by no means

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Don't make us work, post it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

italians car

my buddies car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    Bring the fastest k04 gti out to michigan And ill run you for 1k cash ... pay for your trip ect if i lose.... k04 s4s make 380-440whp depending on supporting mods on a S4..... k04 on 2.0t is the slowest thing Ive ever been in..... My buddy had a gt3071 on his gti and got walked by a b5 s4 k04 car
    Bro, I'm just putting it down by the facts. Equal bolt on mods and gas, the GTI will win. I havent seen many k04 s4 on pump with just TBE intake and intercooler, without meth, pull more than 360 whp.

Is it the black GTI with the ATP turbo kit? that is a custom tune and is barely putting 300 whp.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Bro, I'm just putting it down by the facts. Equal bolt on mods and gas, the GTI will win. I havent seen many k04 s4 on pump with just TBE intake and intercooler, without meth, pull more than 360 whp.

Is it the black GTI with the ATP turbo kit? that is a custom tune and is barely putting 300 whp.
    I don't believe that the GTI will win with a k04 vs. an S4 with k04's, just doesn't make sense to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

I don't believe that the GTI will win with a k04 vs. an S4 with k04's, just doesn't make sense to me.
    When I get my car fully tuned and bolted is a little faster than a k04 gti, I'll try to find a k04 s4 down here and we'll do a comparo. No worries, It'll be a good run.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

When I get my car fully tuned and bolted is a little faster than a k04 gti, I'll try to find a k04 s4 down here and we'll do a comparo. No worries, It'll be a good run.
    Good luck, but k04 S4's have put up some impressive numbers and definitely make more power....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    Marks full interior silver car was fast but the fastest by no means
    In the video you posted, I don't think the Z06 driver was the greatest. They are very driver dependent. Also, was this S4 on pump or race fuel? I raced Marc on pump. When he got his race fuel tune ready, I already had mods and it wouldn't have been much of a race for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Good luck, but k04 S4's have put up some impressive numbers and definitely make more power....
    You're right, I dont underestimate them. they trap 120+ in a 1/4 have the displacement advantage. I have -700 lbs and better gearing... It will be good. I'm not ashamed of losing, I actually like it because it makes me look forward to the next car and what my car is worth. (to me at least.)
    Burger Motorsports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast