Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Comcast ($#@!cast) rant thread...

This is the thread to complain about Comcast, the $#@!tiest $#@!ing $#@! in the world.

Here's my story.

I moved to a new place a little while ago, and called up my $#@!$#@!cast internet installer. Dude comes over, does his job and leaves. Ok, cool; so I call up asscast and give them my MAC address of my modem and all the info they need to connect me.

Well, they give me the run around; for some reason they cant 'connect' to my modem. Apparently, they are having a 'technical difficulty' and they will try to 'resolve the issue' within 24 to 48 hours. Im sort of a patient dude, so I wait; like a $#@!ing idiot for 2 days. In the meantime my wife cant work (she works from home) because we dont have internet.

2 days go by and i call fagcast, 'sir we have found your modem but we cannot connect to it'. $#@!ing nice!

'sir we have escalated this issue to management and they are taking care of it, please give us 24-48 $#@!ty hours'

sure, why not, wait 2 more days and get $#@!ed! thats the comcast way.

a total of 4 days goes by and they still have no figured out why they cant connect to my modem. I go to the store and return it after it was suggested by one of their 'tech advisors' that the modem is bad. srsly bro?

So I come home with another identical brand new motorola modem and plug it it, go through the whole godamn process with them again and they still cant connect. Holy $#@!!

Now what do I do? Basically its been a week and these retards at $#@!cast cant figure out how to connect to their own $#@!. Im about ready to call it quits and get another provider at this point.

I make one last phone call and ask for a tech advisor, I told them if they dont fix this $#@! right $#@!ing now im going to cancel my $#@!. Ok, well after talking to about 9 different tech advisors I was talking to the last one in my book.

She says, 'oh you have a docsys 2 modem, you need a docsys 3 modem thats why you cant connect silly mcsillypants'

Oh riiiight, your $#@!ing escalated bull$#@! help ticket couldnt figure that out a week ago? Turns out this $#@! was right, I went out and returned the docsys 2 modem and got the docsys 3 and the internet worked. What the $#@!? it took over a week and probably 20 phone calls and NOT EVEN THE $#@!ING REGIONAL MANAGER COULD FIGURE IT OUT?

So much fail, this company is such a $#@!ty system.

Anyway, I am looking at my bill and they are charging me pay-per-view and I never ordered it. So im on hold right now and I want to stab someone.

Click here to enlarge
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow lmao, stupid comcast. funny $#@! lmao, $#@!cast fagcast $#@!$#@! cast fag cast lmao.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am thankful everyday that I finally moved to a place with Fios. All the 'don't fall for Fios' commercials in the world can't hide the truth

*my empathies for your situation
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I gave up on comcast and switched to DSL, at least I can do most of the setup myself and use my own modem.

Wish I had FIOS...

I feel you though, they can't even figure out the simplest things. These companies are all becoming so big they are tied down by useless bureaucracy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    comcast needs to be dissolved as a company, they fail at everything so miniscule; i got off the phone with them today and they 'accidentally' added a modem lease charge to my bill LOL SRSLY?

yea, im sure it was an accident; $#@!ing abusing customers.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    optimum here is not that bad..havent had much issues with it.

DirectTV and their internet service blows. My gfs parents switched over to get 6 months free, and it has worked right probably a total of less than 2 weeks out of the month.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Comcast is the worst

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    optimum here is not that bad..havent had much issues with it.

DirectTV and their internet service blows. My gfs parents switched over to get 6 months free, and it has worked right probably a total of less than 2 weeks out of the month.
    Plus 1 I had them when I lived on that Island. Now I have time warner never had an issue. OP did they take car of the issue yet?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They did take care of it after I pointed it out. It's just sad that there are thousands of people out there that this probably happened to and they just never bothered to check their bills and scrutinize it. I HATE when companies accidentally do $#@! like this, that's how they make money.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Comcast at home isn't too bad, the cable sucks ass so I might switch back over to dish.

However, I will say they do a HORRENDOUS job out at businesses, I'll rant since I had a similar experience:

Switching over 4 phone lines from verizon to comcast + internet (they had a good deal).
    They paid $4100 to get the line installed outside, and we paid $900 - not bad considering its an investment and no other internet options were available (besides crappy satellite and a wireless 3g modem).
    Anyways, cutting to the chase, they ported the #s too early and we didn't have telephone service for 2days, that means alot of the machines didn't work. (ATM,Foodstamps,Fax, other lines)
    On top of that, the internet was broken for 1-2 weeks, which was stupid.

Same issue happened a few months later, and I had to breath down their neck to get someone to come out at night. I tell you, they have idiots working the lines.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's similar to how the tech support call center works in Cablevision. A lot of the run around you're getting is mostly because the people who are helping you, once they reach a 10 minute mark on the phone with you, they begin to sweat and if they can't figure out the problem in those 1st 10 minutes they try to make $#@! up and just end the call. If you're surprised that a "regional manager" couldn't figure out your problem let me tell you why. Managers have no technical experience with the product at all, they just know some basic information, reset the modem, blah blah blah. So if you're calling and thinking oh let me get a manager cause this person will know more than the tech.....you're actually in much better hands with the tech as you found out yourself and who ultimately solved your problem. Sometimes you need to call a few times before you get somebody who actually knows the product though.

Why is management there? Well at least in Cablevision they're here to fire people who can't keep up with the call stats. They're not here to make sure the product works. They're not there to handle any critical issues. They're there to write me up when I punch in 1 minute late 3 days in a row. When I was interviewed it wasn't by a manager, when I got hired it wasn't by the manager. The first time I met a manager was when I called in sick and had no sick time to use. I got written up for that and was told at the time this is my 1st out of 3 strikes.
    Click here to enlarge