5 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Gintani Stage 3 M3 vs M6

I need more boostClick here to enlarge
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

not a bad video at all. How much are you pushing with 9 psi? It's pretty much stage 2 numbers with how low the boost is right? I'm pretty surprised the m6 kept up the way it did. the second run you pulled much quicker. I'm in for HIGH BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS, good $#@! for being the first official Gintani stage 3 to have a race video up. WOOT!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thats $#@!ing pathetic......im sorry, I know you put alot into that car but for a stage 3 supercharger with a built motor, I dont care what boost its on it should be out of sight within 5 seconds.
    Either your car isnt running right or that M6 has something else under its hood he didnt tell you about......yet again, most custom built motors never run right regardless of the brand..so I wouldnt be surprised if yours wasnt either..

For example, Drew with a stage II gintani kit pulled out of sight within seconds.....not for nothing, you dont need more boost, but to get that motor checked

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    Thats $#@!ing pathetic......im sorry, I know you put alot into that car but for a stage 3 supercharger with a built motor, I dont care what boost its on it should be out of sight within 5 seconds.
    Either your car isnt running right or that M6 has something else under its hood he didnt tell you about......yet again, most custom built motors never run right regardless of the brand..so I wouldnt be surprised if yours wasnt either..

For example, Drew with a stage II gintani kit pulled out of sight within seconds.....not for nothing, you dont need more boost, but to get that motor checked
    I'm in for more info from Gintani Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I'm in for more info from Gintani Click here to enlarge
    I mean cmon..jesus christ for a stage 3 custom built motor you better be pulling buslengths on ZR1's...

Sorry to be the $#@! to say it Eugene but someone has to.....wouldnt be honest if we all said you did great against that M6 for the mods you have
    Last edited by ERM324; 05-06-2011 at 01:58 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yea, unless that m6 has over 550 whp..
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Im thinking:

consider that a low compression motor makes less power, the engine becomes less efficient....he needs more boost to start making power.

drew was at 9psi on the stock motor, I bet he made more power at 9psi on the stock motor, than Eugene is @9psi on the low compression motor. The idea is now eugene can run a lot of boost to make up for it.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    You posted a giant wang, in case you haven't noticed.
    NWS!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

lmfao,you my friend wow. just wow a penis on the dash and you had to do it huh
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    You posted a giant wang, in case you haven't noticed.
    NWS!

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...05/jOUuR-1.png
    OMG Click here to enlarge, Your brain works differently than others, way different.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

LOL @ e92.

Why do I get the feeling that the M6 isn't stock? (I'm really hoping it isn't)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    LOL @ e92.

Why do I get the feeling that the M6 isn't stock? (I'm really hoping it isn't)
    it said it has intake, xpipe, tune, and pulleys. Impressive for just those bolt ons...
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    wow what a reaction. I'm not even upset and ERM324

9psi on a low compression motor only makes 510rwhp +6mt I think I did pretty good.

drew did what? 509whp + DCT what you think of the out come is?

i think it is safe to say your information is not full knowledgable and I understand and don't blame you.

think of it this way WHO ELSE HAS TUNED A LOW COMPRESSION MOTOR AND CAN BE DRIVEN ON THE STREETS.????? I haven't see one yet.

I'm not a fan boy of any brand, I just like facts to be straight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    Im thinking:

consider that a low compression motor makes less power, the engine becomes less efficient....he needs more boost to start making power.

drew was at 9psi on the stock motor, I bet he made more power at 9psi on the stock motor, than Eugene is @9psi on the low compression motor. The idea is now eugene can run a lot of boost to make up for it.
    thanks Sammy that is exactly it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

9psi on a low compression motor only makes 510rwhp +6mt I think I did pretty good.

i think it is safe to say your information is not full knowledgable and I understand and don't blame you.

think of it this way WHO ELSE HAS TUNED A LOW COMPRESSION MOTOR AND CAN BE DRIVEN ON THE STREETS.????? I haven't see one yet.

ohh $#@!, i thought drew hit like over 550? either way, once you add more boost. you'll be flying! any idea when you'll be safe to run higher boost?

btw what octane gas you got over there eugene?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    ohh $#@!, i thought drew hit like over 550? either way, once you add more boost. you'll be flying! any idea when you'll be safe to run higher boost?

btw what octane gas you got over there eugene?
    ya maybe your right Drew did hit somewhere like 579whp on 9.5psi and meth

I can't remember too many numbers.

our gas is rated at 93 octane but the grade level is $#@!. the actual octane level is 91

I know they are working hard on the high boost file should make easy over 100whp what I have now, I think I will feel it on the butt dyno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

nice kill
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

My point exactly. Noone with this car (and alot of cars for the most part) successfully run tuned built motors without headaches. I do have my facts straight, and I figured that with your set-up at that boost you should be around the same power as a Gintani stage 2+ at less boost. Still, extremely unimpressed for the work done - if your going to compromise the entire luxury/reliability of your car it better be doing some serious damage (as we all expect Stickys car to do). For example:

Does your car sound like that ?
    If your going stage 3 and having that ridiculously obnoxious belt whine etc... (completely ruining any aspect of luxury and comfort - which I can completely understand if you want to push around 800whp) it better be worth it and the power better be there when you race. I cant justify having the M3 sound like an embarrassment/lose complete reliability to not even beat a stock Z06.

If the answer is more boost, then turn it up if your motor was built for it !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Well put this is a common mistake that people make they here build and think crazy power, and forget about the lower compression.

Good kill nice video

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

This is way over the top.

He's running a low compression 6 speed, ok? It will make less power than the higher compression motors especially at the same boost. What don't you understand about only 9 psi on a built motor?

What is with this most custom built motors never run right stuff?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    Im thinking:

Glad somebody said it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Nobody else has...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

My point exactly. Noone with this car (and alot of cars for the most part) successfully run tuned built motors without headaches. I do have my facts straight, and I figured that with your set-up at that boost you should be around the same power as a Gintani stage 2+ at less boost. Still, extremely unimpressed for the work done - if your going to compromise the entire luxury/reliability of your car it better be doing some serious damage (as we all expect Stickys car to do). For example:
    Uh, he is running a built motor without headaches, he just proved it.

No, you don't have your facts straight as this is a low boost and low compression motor. He has plenty of headroom now. Whereas the Stage 2+ cars would not be able to go higher he can easily add more as the motor gets broken in. Why are you faulting him for showing low boost runs on a built motor?

Where are other built motor superchargers on this platform? Looks like only one company has been able to get it done.

Does your car sound like that ?
    If your going stage 3 and having that ridiculously obnoxious belt whine etc... (completely ruining any aspect of luxury and comfort - which I can completely understand if you want to push around 800whp) it better be worth it and the power better be there when you race. I cant justify having the M3 sound like an embarrassment/lose complete reliability to not even beat a stock Z06.

If the answer is more boost, then turn it up if your motor was built for it !
    You really sound ridiculous here. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to build a Stage 3 and tune it? ESS abandoned theirs, what does that tell you?

How about he runs the motor at 9 psi first then gradually raises boost as he sees fit? What, he has some arbitrary goal to please you? As it stands, he has a running stage 3 on 9 psi. This is just the beginning of built motor M3 performance, keep your pants on and wish him well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Very cool video. Glad your car is working well for you and thanks for putting this up
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What is with this most custom built motors never run right stuff?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Do you have any idea how difficult it is to build a Stage 3 and tune it? ESS abandoned theirs, what does that tell you?
    Funny, you just answered your own question....most built motors never run right due to exteme difficulty in tuning as well (depending on the platform). ESS is smart, they dont want to be releasing kits that eventually blow up because they KNOW that issues are associated with doing a built motor/high boost set-up on the S65. Gintani on the other hand has a nice track record for supercharged cars that dont run....I still to this day havent seen any video/dyno of tighties stage 3 in action.....and I doubt your car will be any different insomuch as it will never run right and be a one-day-a-week performer with the other 6 days dedicated to having to deal with issues. Your simply defending him because your car is in the same boat. I am well aware I come off as a dick saying all this, but it seems as if you and many other people live in a fantasy world if you think this is a good result. M6 is a slow car, bottom line (except when highly modded, like MSIZZLE). Dont get me wrong its quick, but when put in perspective with other 500hp cars it is a pig (z06, gtr, etc...). If your doing that drastic of a change to your engine (dropping the compression, putting a blower on it, etc...) would you not be dissappointed if you were the driver and the M6 was still visible in your rearview mirror? I think anyone would. In my 335 Ive pulled and held off an M6 with an exhaust from 40-150 by about 3 cars - once again, the result really shouldnt be applauded for the mods on the car.

Also, there is no arbitrary goal to please me at all - I just think out of all people your in for a real shellshock when you get your car back and see the results dont live anywhere up to your expectations...but yet again, by the time that car is done most of us will have a different car and probably be on other forums..

OH, and for the record. I am not an Anti-Gintani/ESS fanboy....I have gintani parts on my car and will be getting their tune.
    Last edited by ERM324; 05-06-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast