Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 176 to 194 of 194
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    537
    Rep Points
    1,302.2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    Sorry sr20seb, I gotta have that 2nd place spot back :p

    Brey335i - 40332 - i5-4670K @ 4.2 GHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus VI Hero, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB SDRAM DDR3 1600, SLI ASUS GTX770-DC2OC 2GB (2 cards)

    Linky: http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4893784?
    Not a bad score. I wont be updating this rig anymore since the motherboard doesn't like to run ram in dual channel mode so I'm staying at 8gb. As far as processors there's nothing out there that is that much better than the ol sandy bridge to make me build a new rig just yet. Maybe in 2 years or so.
    Click here to enlarge

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,263
    Rep Points
    1,417.7
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    hopefully i'll be able to see how 2x R9 290's go over the 280x's sometime this week Click here to enlarge - 280x's have to live in the mining rigs now lol.

    my pc wouldn't let me run vantage - started spitting out some DLL error, and the 3rd 280x only bumped score in 3dmark (latest) to like 10,500.
    boop

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    873
    Rep Points
    542.9
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Does this seem low?
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/2424334

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,203
    Rep Points
    31,315.5
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Yes?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,263
    Rep Points
    1,417.7
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    seems about right. 7000 with a single 280x.
    boop

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North Houston
    Posts
    1,289
    Rep Points
    1,614.9
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5259997


    Not exactly sure- no "submit your score" link to do so.

    but I'll take 3rd place, thanks.
    Click here to enlarge
    Vargas Turbo dealer and installation center
    Level 10 distributor and installation center
    Burger Motorsports Tier 2 dealer and installation center
    Turner Motorsports dealer and installation center
    Bimmerworld dealer and installation center
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    372
    Rep Points
    499.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I'll be building a rig sometime in the next few months (funds permitting). We'll see if mine can topple the three 580's lol. These benchmarks aren't exactly realistic, but it's a good way of having uniform testing criteria. I'm hoping to be able to run Dying Light on ultra at 1440p at a steady 60fps.
    Anyone excited for the new cards coming out this summer?

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North Houston
    Posts
    1,289
    Rep Points
    1,614.9
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I cant/wont keep up with the bleeding edge. I stay a year or so behind to keep prices within reason. I'll be buying another video card to SLI in 4-5 months for SLI, then let it roll for a few years.... this is what i do every time.
    buy/build a case with the fastest technology- good MoBo and a low CPU for that chipset. low amount of Ram.

    in 1-2 years or so I'll max out the board in CPU/Ram and its like i got a new computer.

    in a 1-2 years I repeat the process. lets me keep a marginally fast computer at all times and doesn't break the bank.
    Click here to enlarge
    Vargas Turbo dealer and installation center
    Level 10 distributor and installation center
    Burger Motorsports Tier 2 dealer and installation center
    Turner Motorsports dealer and installation center
    Bimmerworld dealer and installation center
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    372
    Rep Points
    499.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    That's really the best way to do things, especially with the x99 MoBo's being so new. By the time you need to update your setup, the x99's, and ddr4 will be the same price as earlier MoBo's, and ddr3 right now. Not to mention the new intel cpu's aren't all that impressive, unless you do a ton of 4k video editing.

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,203
    Rep Points
    31,315.5
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    I don't even game much any longer so I'll just get a new laptop when time/money permits and enjoy that. For now my Alienware M18x still serves me well.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    372
    Rep Points
    499.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm thinking something with 2-4 titan's? We'll see.
    I didn't see this. Jesus, I don't even want to know what kind of psu you'd need to run that many titans. Do you have a nuclear power plant in your backyard?
    Sticky, have you OC'd at all?

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,203
    Rep Points
    31,315.5
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gmanuel11 Click here to enlarge
    I didn't see this. Jesus, I don't even want to know what kind of psu you'd need to run that many titans. Do you have a nuclear power plant in your backyard?
    Sticky, have you OC'd at all?
    No. I just like having the best everything. But I'm starting to think more maturely. I mean barely.

    I'm not going to tell you what I just wasted thousands on. But it has a vagina.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    372
    Rep Points
    499.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm not going to tell you what I just wasted thousands on. But it has a vagina.
    Those are the biggest money pits to ever exist.

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    292
    Rep Points
    252.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gmanuel11 Click here to enlarge
    Those are the biggest money pits to ever exist.
    I wish I didn't like them so much. It's as if they have the complete advantage.

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Fort Mac, AB
    Posts
    1,405
    Rep Points
    771.1
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gmanuel11 Click here to enlarge
    I didn't see this. Jesus, I don't even want to know what kind of psu you'd need to run that many titans. Do you have a nuclear power plant in your backyard?
    Sticky, have you OC'd at all?
    Tried to get 3dmark to run. It's hanging not sure if it's my current firmware or what. I only have one cpu in service right now anyway. I have a Silverstone 1500W powering 2 X5690's and 2 Titan's all liquid cooled on a SR-2 mobo. So hard to optimize for some games sometimes. Was playing ESO for a bit only way to get the purple textures to go away was to jump out a cpu.

    When I'm not working so much I'll throw up a benchmark.
    Last edited by Ingeniator; 04-19-2015 at 10:26 PM.
    07 335XI(A008006) 6AT ~105K miles JB4 G5 ISO VSRF DP's
    09 135I(VK80379) 6MT. Race Project car.
    1) Install Modified Motiv 600 Kit[HTA3076R w/ tial .82] 2) Moton 4 suspension. 3) Build high flow intake manifold with multi-port fuel and relocate OFH 4) Build full cage possible rear diff upgrade 5) Complete staged twin setup with HTA4205R [w/Tial 1.16] 6) Complete dry sump system 7) Sequential maybe

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    372
    Rep Points
    499.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ingeniator Click here to enlarge
    Tried to get 3dmark to run. It's hanging not sure if it's my current firmware or what. I only have one cpu in service right now anyway. I have a Silverstone 1500W powering 2 X5690's and 2 Titan's all liquid cooled on a SR-2 mobo. So hard to optimize for some games sometimes. Was playing ESO for a bit only way to get the purple textures to go away was to jump out a cpu.

    When I'm not working so much I'll throw up a benchmark.
    Please don't, then I won't be able to be in first lol I'm only going to be operating on an 850 EVGA. I'm hoping that amd and Nvidia will release their new cards in June, and that they're as big of a jump as rumored. I'm probably going to pick up skyrim and mod the hell out of it, then get ESO. F1 2015 looks pretty appealing, but that's another $200 for a wheel; the witcher looks good too. So many good games to choose from. Any recommendations on other games? What cpu setup are you running?

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Fort Mac, AB
    Posts
    1,405
    Rep Points
    771.1
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gmanuel11 Click here to enlarge
    Please don't, then I won't be able to be in first lol I'm only going to be operating on an 850 EVGA. I'm hoping that amd and Nvidia will release their new cards in June, and that they're as big of a jump as rumored. I'm probably going to pick up skyrim and mod the hell out of it, then get ESO. F1 2015 looks pretty appealing, but that's another $200 for a wheel; the witcher looks good too. So many good games to choose from. Any recommendations on other games? What cpu setup are you running?
    2 xenon X5690's the enterprise I7 chips. I bet wrong when I built it. I thought computers were going the way of multi-core/multi-processor. Went GPU heavy instead. Have way more games then I still play. Mostly still use games to talk to my brother in the UK for free.

    Personally game wise. MMO: I prefer ESO or EVE.
    Racing games: Sims I like F12014(haven't needed to upgrade)and Asseto Corsa and fun games Spin Tires and Next car game. I use a Thrust master T500RS wheel/pedal combo
    Shooters: Titanfall, CS:GO(CounterStrike: Global Offensive) and PS2(PlanetSide2), ARMA 2(Dayz), Arma 3(Breaking point).
    Fun Games: Chivalry, and Steam Sales obviously.
    Probably picking up FC4 and a couple others when they come down in price.
    07 335XI(A008006) 6AT ~105K miles JB4 G5 ISO VSRF DP's
    09 135I(VK80379) 6MT. Race Project car.
    1) Install Modified Motiv 600 Kit[HTA3076R w/ tial .82] 2) Moton 4 suspension. 3) Build high flow intake manifold with multi-port fuel and relocate OFH 4) Build full cage possible rear diff upgrade 5) Complete staged twin setup with HTA4205R [w/Tial 1.16] 6) Complete dry sump system 7) Sequential maybe

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    557
    Rep Points
    785.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I really wish I could dethrone the TRI-SLI 580's and i7-920 but Vantage refuses to run on my new rig for some reason.

    Time to switch to Firestrike.
    Click here to enlarge

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    372
    Rep Points
    499.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ingeniator Click here to enlarge
    2 xenon X5690's the enterprise I7 chips. I bet wrong when I built it. I thought computers were going the way of multi-core/multi-processor. Went GPU heavy instead. Have way more games then I still play. Mostly still use games to talk to my brother in the UK for free.

    Personally game wise. MMO: I prefer ESO or EVE.
    Racing games: Sims I like F12014(haven't needed to upgrade)and Asseto Corsa and fun games Spin Tires and Next car game. I use a Thrust master T500RS wheel/pedal combo
    Shooters: Titanfall, CS:GO(CounterStrike: Global Offensive) and PS2(PlanetSide2), ARMA 2(Dayz), Arma 3(Breaking point).
    Fun Games: Chivalry, and Steam Sales obviously.
    Probably picking up FC4 and a couple others when they come down in price.
    I never saw this. I completely forgot about the enterprise chips. With DX12 coming out, those should become much better at handling the newest games. We'll probably start to see games that are more CPU intensive once DX12 is out. I need to get Day Z. FC4 is fun, but I tired of it pretty quickly; it's only worth $20 in my opinion.
    Between this hobby, and cars, I'm going to go broke.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •