Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martial Arts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    Sambo is awesome. My favorite fighter of all time is Fedor Emelianenko.

Yeah, trying to take someone down who is that much larger than you requires guts (you have that) and near perfect timing. Most Judo techniques would be really difficult to execute unless the opponent is wearing a heavy sweatshirt or even better a nice jacket. Of course you don't need clothes to pull off Judo throws, trips, sweeps, but it's so hard without good grips.

I think the best way to handle a much larger opponent is to fake like you're going to exchange blows with them and then as soon as you sense that they are commiting to an exchange of hands, drop your level, and shoot in on their legs/hips and just take them down. From there, (Thank G-d), your smaller size has the immediate advantage as you can scramble much more effectively and you can hopefully secure back control when the larger, downed opponent tries getting up--which he will, unless he's a high level jits player who has a nasty guard, but we're not likely to encounter 290 lbs guard players in street fights.
    GET OUT OF HERE! FEDOR IS MY GOD! haha guy is a LHW that fights HW sucks that his past 2 fights ware a defeat i think he is tired of winning.
    I am 6.2 my opponent was about 6.5 i made a mistake by giving him 2 little credit and when i didn't look boom i saw stars, but thank god i never been to sleep to this day yet, Ive learned how to pick my opponents.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I loved it. When I started, I used to be late almost every time and had to do 50 pushups with my knuckles on boards. I was very conditioned. We hit boards with our head, hands, arms, feet and legs to make us more solid.
    I can't believe I was able to do splits and leap up to fall flat on the floor and jump up from there. crazy moves.

My favorite thing was doing a power class every month or so where we did everything intense for like 3 hours straight, no breaks. Tough sparring too. my sensei was a pro boxer and I loved getting good hits on him. He'd be like WTF? lol good times Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    GET OUT OF HERE! FEDOR IS MY GOD! haha guy is a LHW that fights HW sucks that his past 2 fights ware a defeat i think he is tired of winning.
    I am 6.2 my opponent was about 6.5 i made a mistake by giving him 2 little credit and when i didn't look boom i saw stars, but thank god i never been to sleep to this day yet, Ive learned how to pick my opponents.
    Hell yeah! I've seen Fedor fight live at a Pride event in Vegas. And I have an autograph picture of him hanging on my wall in my office. He's just past his prime, but he is the greatest of all time. His hips used to be amazing as well as his gnp.

I think he can beat Henderson. But, he'll have to do it on his feet because Henderson is very difficult to take down. And exchanging with Hendo can be costly. But, exchanging with Fedor can be just as costly. So, should be a great matchup if it happens.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hell yeah! I've seen Fedor fight live at a Pride event in Vegas. And I have an autograph picture of him hanging on my wall in my office. He's just past his prime, but he is the greatest of all time. His hips used to be amazing as well as his gnp.

I think he can beat Henderson. But, he'll have to do it on his feet because Henderson is very difficult to take down. And exchanging with Hendo can be costly. But, exchanging with Fedor can be just as costly. So, should be a great matchup if it happens.
    I have a Painting of him on my wall =D done by a French Artist about 6 feet high 4 feet wide =D beat that hahaha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    I have a Painting of him on my wall =D done by a French Artist about 6 feet high 4 feet wide =D beat that hahaha
    I have commissioned a well known painter to paint my entire home ceiling as a tribute to the Last Emperor. jk haha

Okay, you win. Plus, you guys are from the same country. But, my ancestors are from Russia. Don't know where though.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have commissioned a well known painter to paint my entire home ceiling as a tribute to the Last Emperor. jk haha

Okay, you win. Plus, you guys are from the same country. But, my ancestors are from Russia. Don't know where though.
    haha painting a ceiling would be nice! good i dea i might think about it actually.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I did some Karate when I was young, later some jujitsu and wrestling in high school(County and Regional champ, placed in State). But $#@!, after watching this (below), I wish I would have been doing some Wushu. I know its a movie, but probably one of the best, if not the best, fight scene ever:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Used to do Taekwondo & Aikido in my mid-late teens, coupled with some fairly intense bodybuilding into my 20s.

Now, I do ... nothing ... *guilty look*

Check out these girls, recently on Britains Got Talent:
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I did some taekwondo for a few years. Reached red belt with two black stripes and quit. lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That fight seen was brutal, and I know it's just a movie, but too many open holes for attacks Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
    I did some Karate when I was young, later some jujitsu and wrestling in high school(County and Regional champ, placed in State). But $#@!, after watching this (below), I wish I would have been doing some Wushu. I know its a movie, but probably one of the best, if not the best, fight scene ever
    Wu shu is pretty bad ass, but it's really mean. from day one they will beat the crap out of you in order to lose the sense of pain, Wu shu masters show no mercy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But $#@!, after watching this (below), I wish I would have been doing some Wushu. I know its a movie, but probably one of the best, if not the best, fight scene ever:
    That was AWESOME! What the hell was the story there?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    since when people care about the story in movies like that?
    the story is always this : Bad guy killed good guy's master and he is pissed, in more innovative films the bad guy kidnap the good guy's child and the good guy strikes back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    since when people care about the story in movies like that?
    I thought maybe it was historical or there was more to it than just a fight scene maybe...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1 that was a great fight scene Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I thought maybe it was historical or there was more to it than just a fight scene maybe...
    It actually had a pretty good story and and more fights at about the same level. Based on a true story/events. The main character(not actor), fighting everyone in the vid I posted, was also Bruce Lee's master in real life. Look up "Ip man" movie. There is 1, 2, and 3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for posting that fight scene GT3. Anyone seen The Protector?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It actually had a pretty good story and and more fights at about the same level. Based on a true story/events. The main character(not actor), fighting everyone in the vid I posted, was also Bruce Lee's master in real life. Look up "Ip man" movie. There is 1, 2, and 3.
    This is what I was looking for, thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is what I was looking for, thank you.
    This is a good scene from the 3rd movie; pretty good as well:
    Last edited by GT3; 05-02-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12