Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Martial Arts

so today after 3 months having Black belt i got Black belt with 8th degree in Tae Kwon Do Click here to enlarge
    I'm looking for a thieve or a bad guy to beat the crap of him Click here to enlarge
    for those who are not familiar with the Tae Kwon Do's ranks(they are different ranking systems, it depends on the school) the 8th degree is right before 9th degree, which is for the masters.

which one of you guys knows any type of Martial arts ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Used to do Kung Fu, then got Golden Gloves in Boxing then kicked some ass at local bars =D

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    Used to do Kung Fu, then got Golden Gloves in Boxing then kicked some ass at local bars =D
    sounds great,
    we haven't heated spots like that here, so i should look harder to find someone to make him sh!t Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I usually just run&hide when the $#@! goes down cause im old now lol...seriously though,I have a very close friend of mine who competed all across the globe&retired undefeated..He did Mu Shu as well as a few other forms..was actually a stunt double in the original Mortal Kombat movies as well as a Power Ranger for a lil while. Super nice guy,I would just NEVER $#@! with him lol!
    Here are a few exibition displays of him:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

^ Mu Shu is bad ass!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

I did 2 years of kyokushinkai karate in my late teens. Long time ago.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    I usually just run&hide when the $#@! goes down cause im old now lol...seriously though,I have a very close friend of mine who competed all across the globe&retired undefeated..He did Mu Shu as well as a few other forms..was actually a stunt double in the original Mortal Kombat movies as well as a Power Ranger for a lil while. Super nice guy,I would just NEVER $#@! with him lol!
    Here are a few exibition displays of him:

Those were awesome.
    How old are you Gixxer ? you seem younger than a bunch of people here.
    we have a common sentence here "an old lion is still a lion"
    note : it sounds much cooler in Farsi, but cuz English sucks it doesn't sound that cool.

Sorena

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

haha,I'll take that as a compliment..Im an over-the-hill 41yrs old Click here to enlarge
    those vids were from the mid to late 90's...and he would prolly kick me in the head if he knew I posted them lol!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Dick swinging thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

haha,I'll take that as a compliment..Im an over-the-hill 41yrs old Click here to enlarge
    those vids were from the mid to late 90's...and he would prolly kick me in the head if he knew I posted them lol!!
    snap i thought you like 35 lol my pops is 45 and im 27 haha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

What the .... ? just 41 ? who said you are old? we have another common sentence in Farsi about 40's but that really sounds crap when you translate in to English so i keep it for myself, but seriously you aren't old.
    Gotta share the picture of my old man, the one that he's punching me in face Click here to enlarge (he's 60)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

^ Mu Shu is bad ass!
    Yeah , Indeed
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    I did 2 years of kyokushinkai karate in my late teens. Long time ago.
    Kyokushin kicks ass, wanted to to a Kyokushin school in the first hand but due the strong legs i had i went to TaeKwonDo.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    Dick swinging thread.
    what does that mean ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So true about the effectiveness of boxing for fighting. Kung Fu is good too, but it takes a lot longer to develop your skills to a point that you can be as effective as you would be after 3-6 months of Western Boxing.

Good for you... for learning how to box.

I'm a BJJ guy myself, although, I've trained in boxing, kick boxing, and Judo for the last 11 years on and off.

I taught myself how to box from reading Bruce Lee's Instruction books. When I first tried to punch a heavy bag (first several times) I felt like such a wimp--everything hurt. But I kept on going and over a long time I improved.

Fast forward 7 years. I saw an add on Craigslist for an ex Olympian boxing coach giving lessons down at a Boys Club. So I went down for a lesson... mainly to pick up a techinque or two and to see what critique I would recieve. I was proud when the coach told me "you have the goods, you just need to spar more." So, looks like my practice paid off.

Jiu Jitsu is a whole nother story. I've injured every part of my body in devotion to that style. Breaks, tears, tears (haha... ribs... ouch) I've felt it all. But that's cause sparring in jiu-jitsu is really learning how to handle men of all shapes and sizes.

I've learned several things over the years: 1) don't street fight, because if you love martial arts, you risk getting injured on the street and that will take you from training; 2) people that are bigger than you and stronger than you have a real advantage and unless you're really on your timing and current in your practice, the advantage for the larger opponent may be too big; and 3) keep an open mind to all styles.
    Last edited by Sonny; 04-28-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Hapkido Green belt.

funny how so many ppl in Iran do martial arts. My cousin that just came from there a few years ago was doing some kung fu and we had a little spar. Its crazy how different martial arts are really different in fighting too. He kicked my ass tho no doubt there.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yeah, I'm a veteran...I did Aikido for one day...retired shortly afterwards.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I did a few years of Kenpo Karate a long time ago, and starting to get into Krav Maga now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    I did a few years of Kenpo Karate a long time ago, and starting to get into Krav Maga now.
    My dad did some Krav Maga when he was inthe Israeli army like 30 years ago.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge

I've learned several things over the years: 1) don't street fight, because if you love martial arts, you risk getting injured on the street and that will take you from training; 2) people that are bigger than you and stronger than you have a real advantage and unless you're really on your timing and current in your practice, the advantage for the larger opponent may be too big; and 3) keep an open mind to all styles.
    I learned it the hard way also.... i was @ 165 lbs vs 290 lbs fighter i tried to wrestle and it was not the brightest idea even with a few years of SAMBO i could not get the guy in to submission and got a kick to the head a few times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Hapkido Green belt.

funny how so many ppl in Iran do martial arts. My cousin that just came from there a few years ago was doing some kung fu and we had a little spar. Its crazy how different martial arts are really different in fighting too. He kicked my ass tho no doubt there.
    most of them learn martial arts because they feel it's unsafe, so they learn it for defending themselves.
    a small part of them learn it because they think it's cool, they think street fights happen all the time and it's an opportunity for showing how cool they are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am a black belt in Judo but honestly the last time I sparred was 8 years ago. Aikido is awesome had some good time sparring with those guys.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I learned it the hard way also.... i was @ 165 lbs vs 290 lbs fighter i tried to wrestle and it was not the brightest idea even with a few years of SAMBO i could not get the guy in to submission and got a kick to the head a few times.
    Ahhh Sambo, you must be Russian Click here to enlarge My pops practiced Sambo all throughout his life too. He wanted to take me to Sambo when I was a little kid but nothing like that around here so he took me to Judo instead.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I used to be into tae kwon do when I was younger but my school changed to Tiger Schullman and I totally didn't like the new school so I left for good. It was great and I doing really well there. I've been thinking about it lately because I can barely stretch anymore.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Karo Click here to enlarge
    Ahhh Sambo, you must be Russian Click here to enlarge My pops practiced Sambo all throughout his life too. He wanted to take me to Sambo when I was a little kid but nothing like that around here so he took me to Judo instead.
    yup 100% PURE BREED RUSSIAN.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sambo is awesome. My favorite fighter of all time is Fedor Emelianenko.

Yeah, trying to take someone down who is that much larger than you requires guts (you have that) and near perfect timing. Most Judo techniques would be really difficult to execute unless the opponent is wearing a heavy sweatshirt or even better a nice jacket. Of course you don't need clothes to pull off Judo throws, trips, sweeps, but it's so hard without good grips.

I think the best way to handle a much larger opponent is to fake like you're going to exchange blows with them and then as soon as you sense that they are commiting to an exchange of hands, drop your level, and shoot in on their legs/hips and just take them down. From there, (Thank G-d), your smaller size has the immediate advantage as you can scramble much more effectively and you can hopefully secure back control when the larger, downed opponent tries getting up--which he will, unless he's a high level jits player who has a nasty guard, but we're not likely to encounter 290 lbs guard players in street fights.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    I used to be into tae kwon do when I was younger but my school changed to Tiger Schullman and I totally didn't like the new school so I left for good. It was great and I doing really well there. I've been thinking about it lately because I can barely stretch anymore.
    Do it, it's not late, it really helps you both physicaly and mentaly.
    i used to think it's all BS, martial art just imporves your body but now i can feel the changes, all the pain it caused you gives you another defenition of hard condition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast