Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 65
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,051
    Rep Points
    339.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    First time on track with setup not bad. Needs tweaking!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,316
    Rep Points
    32,735.3
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Anyone have the slips?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys, looks like you guysgot most of the story. I actually broke 2 idler pulleys, Weistec is making new billet ones this week. The onboard pass was not a clean pass, I was manually shifting the car which caused me to hit the rev limiter on the 1 to 2 shift and then shifted early on another shoft and that pass my 60 foot sucked, it was a 1.89.

    I really want to thank Mike and Steve fron Weistec who spent their entire day at the track with me as my personal pit crew, it was much appreciated. They are a class act operation, first class all the way.

    On a happier note there was one record thst was set on Friday, Rick (MBW Rarfinancial) set a new CLS63 record running several back to back to back 11.5's on about a 110 shot of nitrous.

    Thanks to everyone that came out and thanks to those of you that pitched in on the rental and ran your cars.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    http://youtu.be/NgYtR8F-Bio

    The highlight of the day....needless to saythe rumors about Fontana having a tough tech inspection are not true, no tech inspection whatsoever.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,454
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    http://youtu.be/NgYtR8F-Bio

    The highlight of the day....needless to saythe rumors about Fontana having a tough tech inspection are not true, no tech inspection whatsoever.
    That is some funny $#@!! No doubt the times will come down and the traps go up when you get more passes in with proper supporting hardware.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,316
    Rep Points
    32,735.3
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys, looks like you guysgot most of the story. I actually broke 2 idler pulleys, Weistec is making new billet ones this week. The onboard pass was not a clean pass, I was manually shifting the car which caused me to hit the rev limiter on the 1 to 2 shift and then shifted early on another shoft and that pass my 60 foot sucked, it was a 1.89.

    I really want to thank Mike and Steve fron Weistec who spent their entire day at the track with me as my personal pit crew, it was much appreciated. They are a class act operation, first class all the way.

    On a happier note there was one record thst was set on Friday, Rick (MBW Rarfinancial) set a new CLS63 record running several back to back to back 11.5's on about a 110 shot of nitrous.

    Thanks to everyone that came out and thanks to those of you that pitched in on the rental and ran your cars.
    So I take it torque limiters in the transmission are preventing shifts in auto mode? But if you shift manually it is all good?

    Then next steps then would be the billet pulleys and transmission tweaking?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    http://youtu.be/NgYtR8F-Bio

    The highlight of the day....needless to saythe rumors about Fontana having a tough tech inspection are not true, no tech inspection whatsoever.
    Actually, they are not rumors.... this actually happened more than once. During our last two consecutive private rentals, they kicked out a couple of people for the dumbest things ever:

    1) First time they kicked out a guy because he did not have a "fire blanket" or cover over his aftermarket supercharger. They said anytime there is an aftermarket supercharger they needed some type of cover.

    2) Second time they kicked out a guy running 11.40s because his roll bar, according to them, was "too weak". And no matter what the guy did to explain to them that it was up to spec, they refused to let him run.

    Now I have to say that our past Fontana private rentals were usually bigger than any of our other private rentals. Fontana rentals used to be around 100 to 130 cars while almost all of our other private rentals were around 40 to 50 cars. So I'm guessing they didn't stress you guys out over tech inspection because you were only 4 to 5 cars (very small rental) Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Exeenom; 04-25-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,316
    Rep Points
    32,735.3
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Actually, they are not rumors.... this actually happened more than once. During our last two consecutive private rentals, they kicked out a couple of people for the dumbest things ever:

    1) First time they kicked out a guy because he did not have a "fire blanket" or cover over his aftermarket supercharger. They said anytime there is an aftermarket supercharger they needed some type of cover.

    2) Second time they kicked out a guy running 11.40s because his roll bar, according to them, was "too weak". And no matter what the guy did to explain to them that it was up to spec, they refused to let him run.

    Now I have to say that the Fontana private rentals were usually bigger than our other private rentals. Fontana rentals used to be around 100 to 130 cars while almost all other private rentals I hosted were around 40 to 50 cars. So I'm guessing they didn't stress out too much over tech inspection because there were only 4 to 5 cars Click here to enlarge
    I got kicked out of Fontana for trying to run an M5 that was a few cars ahead of me. Almost ended up getting in a fight with one of the employees. So ridiculous we couldn't even choose to run who we wanted to run. I'm done with Fontana, the place is slow as hell anyway.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I got kicked out of Fontana for trying to run an M5 that was a few cars ahead of me. Almost ended up getting in a fight with one of the employees. So ridiculous we couldn't even choose to run who we wanted to run. I'm done with Fontana, the place is slow as hell anyway.
    I know.... and that was not even their worst kick out one.... they once warned a guy for doing "too long" of a burn out Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,316
    Rep Points
    32,735.3
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Why haven't we tried to organize a group to open our own track yet....
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why haven't we tried to organize a group to open our own track yet....
    I think one of the problems we face here in California is location. We need a good location in terms of DA but also a location that is close enough for North and South Cal people to travel to. This leaves us with somewhere in the center of California. I think the lowest place near the center California is right after you come down the grapevine when heading North... that location is at 250 ft physical elevation. The only problem is that it is about 40 miles away from Famoso (which is at 600 ft elevation).
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,316
    Rep Points
    32,735.3
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    I think one of the problems we face here in California is location. We need a good location in terms of DA but also a location that is close enough for North and South Cal people to travel to. This leaves us with somewhere in the center of California. I think the lowest place near the center California is right after you come down the grapevine when heading North... that location is at 250 ft physical elevation. The only problem is that it is about 40 miles away from Famoso (which is at 600 ft elevation).
    I think trying to cater to Northern California creates an unnecessary problem. We should simply focus on what is best for Southern California as California is simply too big.

    I also think Famoso could use some competition.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think trying to cater to Northern California creates an unnecessary problem. We should simply focus on what is best for Southern California as California is simply too big.

    I also think Famoso could use some competition.
    Ouch.... so you're saying forget about NorCal guys Click here to enlarge If that's the case, then best location would be anywhere in San Diego or Carlsbad right on the beach and at ZERO level physical elevation.

    By the way, I too think Famoso needs BIG time competition. They've been increasing their prices like crazy every year and it doesn't look like they care.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,316
    Rep Points
    32,735.3
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Ouch.... so you're saying forget about NorCal guys If that's the case, then best location would be anywhere in San Diego or Carlsbad right on the beach and at ZERO level physical elevation.
    Yes, I'm saying forget the NorCal guys. Not because I have no heart but because the priority should be the best location for DA. That means, it will have to be as you stated.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    By the way, I too think Famoso needs BIG time competition. They've been increasing their prices like crazy every year and it doesn't look like they care.
    Let's get this going. I'd be able to invest a little as maybe you and others would. Why not? We both know they need the competition and that a track is desperately needed.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, I'm saying forget the NorCal guys. Not because I have no heart but because the priority should be the best location for DA. That means, it will have to be as you stated.
    I think you misunderstood my post. If you are looking purely for best DA and weather conditions, then best locations are either at the very North of California (zero elevation) or at the very South of California (also zero elevation). But if you wanted a compromise, then central California (near the grapevine) would be the best location (250 ft elevation).

    Let's get this going. I'd be able to invest a little as maybe you and others would. Why not? We both know they need the competition and that a track is desperately needed.
    I'd be willing to invest a little as well. And I've learned that once you have a track with good weather conditions and good friendly atmosphere, people WILL travel long distances to run there Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,316
    Rep Points
    32,735.3
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    I think you misunderstood my post. If you are looking purely for best DA and weather conditions, then best locations are either at the very North of California (zero elevation) or at the very South of California (also zero elevation). But if you wanted a compromise, then central California (near the grapevine) would be the best location (250 ft elevation).
    I understand your point, I think the priority should be around Carlsbad for being close to sea level. The grapevine area already has Famoso.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    I'd be willing to invest a little as well. And I've learned that once you have a track with good weather conditions and good friendly atmosphere, people WILL travel long distances to run there
    EXACTLY. I mean, I travel to Sac for the track so the main goal is a FAST track. The problem will be location and funding. No reason we can't get the ball rolling.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Actually, they are not rumors.... this actually happened more than once. During our last two consecutive private rentals, they kicked out a couple of people for the dumbest things ever:

    1) First time they kicked out a guy because he did not have a "fire blanket" or cover over his aftermarket supercharger. They said anytime there is an aftermarket supercharger they needed some type of cover.

    2) Second time they kicked out a guy running 11.40s because his roll bar, according to them, was "too weak". And no matter what the guy did to explain to them that it was up to spec, they refused to let him run.

    Now I have to say that the Fontana private rentals were usually bigger than our other private rentals. Fontana rentals used to be around 100 to 130 cars while almost all other private rentals I hosted were around 40 to 50 cars. So I'm guessing they didn't stress out too much over tech inspection because there were only 4 to 5 cars Click here to enlarge
    Wow, I believe what you are saying but after my rental last week I just can't believe it. They were so lax that I never signed a contract or paid for the event until 2:30 pm 30 minutes before the rental ended. I showed up at the track and asked for Mark the drag strip manager and they said " he had to run to Pasedena he will be back early this afternoon" I said I have not paid for the rental yet and they said "he told us to let you run and we can settle up later". There was no tech inspection and when Ricks daughter started making nitrous passes and purging the system in the water box they asked if she had on an SFI jacket, so sombody handed her a wind breaker and they never even checked to see if it was an approved jacket LOL. I made two passes with the tundra and trailer with 5 guys in the Tundra, Luke was making passes in his Range Rover and somebody was making passes in their Chevy Silverado. Maybe the fact that the cars on the track averaged over $100k in price had something to do with it, I think the least expensive car out there was a C63 and the most expensive F430 had something to do with their lack of tech inspection. The guy in the Ferrari was basically drifting his car in the turn off at the end of the track and track officials were laughing about it. They were so cool that when I finally sat down with Mark the track manager at the end of the day and commented on how cool they were and said we were worried about getting kicked off he knew I was from Chicago and asked if I run at Route 66 (which I do), I said ya, but I always get kicked off, he said not any more you are you going to get kicked out, he said that is their sister track and gave me the name of who to call at Routee 66 before I head out there again, he said call them, tell them you are heading out and to call Mark (at Famoso) and I will never get kicked off ever again, even if I run 9s. Coolest guy I have ever met at a track.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,316
    Rep Points
    32,735.3
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    I'm surprised I must say. Sounds like they treated you exactly as one should be expected to be treated who is paying money to rent the strip.

    Maybe because it was a private rental?

    Hell, Famoso doesn't treat us anywhere near that well and they get several rentals a year.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Wow, I believe what you are saying but after my rental last week I just can't believe it. They were so lax that I never signed a contract or paid for the event until 2:30 pm 30 minutes before the rental ended. I showed up at the track and asked for Mark the drag strip manager and they said " he had to run to Pasedena he will be back early this afternoon" I said I have not paid for the rental yet and they said "he told us to let you run and we can settle up later". There was no tech inspection and when Ricks daughter started making nitrous passes and purging the system in the water box they asked if she had on an SFI jacket, so sombody handed her a wind breaker and they never even checked to see if it was an approved jacket LOL. I made two passes with the tundra and trailer with 5 guys in the Tundra, Luke was making passes in his Range Rover and somebody was making passes in their Chevy Silverado. Maybe the fact that the cars on the track averaged over $100k in price had something to do with it, I think the least expensive car out there was a C63 and the most expensive F430 had something to do with their lack of tech inspection. The guy in the Ferrari was basically drifting his car in the turn off at the end of the track and track officials were laughing about it. They were so cool that when I finally sat down with Mark the track manager at the end of the day and commented on how cool they were and said we were worried about getting kicked off he knew I was from Chicago and asked if I run at Route 66 (which I do), I said ya, but I always get kicked off, he said not any more you are you going to get kicked out, he said that is their sister track and gave me the name of who to call at Routee 66 before I head out there again, he said call them, tell them you are heading out and to call Mark (at Famoso) and I will never get kicked off ever again, even if I run 9s. Coolest guy I have ever met at a track.
    Do you happen to remember what the F430 ran by any chance?
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Another thing I liked about Fontana was how close it was to town, within 1 mile of the track was an Auto Zone store a Carls JR, a Jack in the Box, 2 gas stations and other retail shopping. When I shredded my first belt we had a replacement back at the track in 20 minutes. I am actually talking to track management to try to organize a 4 hour drag strip rental and a 4 hour road course rental on the same day, that would be amazing, would any of you be interested in something like that?
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Another thing I liked about Fontana was how close it was to town, within 1 mile of the track was an Auto Zone store a Carls JR, a Jack in the Box, 2 gas stations and other retail shopping. When I shredded my first belt we had a replacement back at the track in 20 minutes. I am actually talking to track management to try to organize a 4 hour drag strip rental and a 4 hour road course rental on the same day, that would be amazing, would any of you be interested in something like that?
    What dates were you thinking?
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,316
    Rep Points
    32,735.3
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I am actually talking to track management to try to organize a 4 hour drag strip rental and a 4 hour road course rental on the same day, that would be amazing, would any of you be interested in something like that?
    Possibly, depending on cost and when. The road course is fun but the strip just doesn't produce good numbers.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Do you happen to remember what the F430 ran by any chance?
    I think 12.1 or 12 flat was his quickest pass, it was a 430 spyder with F1 trans
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Wow, I believe what you are saying but after my rental last week I just can't believe it. They were so lax that I never signed a contract or paid for the event until 2:30 pm 30 minutes before the rental ended. I showed up at the track and asked for Mark the drag strip manager and they said " he had to run to Pasedena he will be back early this afternoon" I said I have not paid for the rental yet and they said "he told us to let you run and we can settle up later". There was no tech inspection and when Ricks daughter started making nitrous passes and purging the system in the water box they asked if she had on an SFI jacket, so sombody handed her a wind breaker and they never even checked to see if it was an approved jacket LOL. I made two passes with the tundra and trailer with 5 guys in the Tundra, Luke was making passes in his Range Rover and somebody was making passes in their Chevy Silverado. Maybe the fact that the cars on the track averaged over $100k in price had something to do with it, I think the least expensive car out there was a C63 and the most expensive F430 had something to do with their lack of tech inspection. The guy in the Ferrari was basically drifting his car in the turn off at the end of the track and track officials were laughing about it. They were so cool that when I finally sat down with Mark the track manager at the end of the day and commented on how cool they were and said we were worried about getting kicked off he knew I was from Chicago and asked if I run at Route 66 (which I do), I said ya, but I always get kicked off, he said not any more you are you going to get kicked out, he said that is their sister track and gave me the name of who to call at Routee 66 before I head out there again, he said call them, tell them you are heading out and to call Mark (at Famoso) and I will never get kicked off ever again, even if I run 9s. Coolest guy I have ever met at a track.
    Look....the guys don't work out there because they don't like cars. Showing up with some cool hardware helps...but it can also hurt if you act like a stuck up douchebag and all they see is some rich prick with a bad attitude. We treated them well, acted cool and they responded in kind. I can only assume that some of these stories of guys getting kicked out are a direct result of their attitude. Plus, they realized this wasn't our first rodeo...
    Jim, let me know about that drag/road course rental. I'd be down for that.
    Regarding the F430...
    Here's a video my buddy edited together. Watch the last few seconds after the turn off and you can see him getting it pretty sideways. And, yeah, the guys at the track loved it and I think they respected the fact that we actually used our sh!ts instead of polishing it with a diaper in the garage.

    430 vid


  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Look....the guys don't work out there because they don't like cars. Showing up with some cool hardware helps...but it can also hurt if you act like a stuck up douchebag and all they see is some rich prick with a bad attitude. We treated them well, acted cool and they responded in kind. I can only assume that some of these stories of guys getting kicked out are a direct result of their attitude. Plus, they realized this wasn't our first rodeo...
    Jim, let me know about that drag/road course rental. I'd be down for that.
    Regarding the F430...
    Here's a video my buddy edited together. Watch the last few seconds after the turn off and you can see him getting it pretty sideways. And, yeah, the guys at the track loved it and I think they respected the fact that we actually used our sh!ts instead of polishing it with a diaper in the garage.

    430 vid

    Thanks for the video Luke.... that video was bad ass Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •