Close

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,171
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No

    Dennis Kucinich Furious Pentagon Will Not Allow Him See PFC Bradley Manning

    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    who the $#@! is pvt manning? 1st, he is military, so it fall under UCMJ, so civilians can go $#@! off. also, somehting sounds fishy as Pvt's dont have access to highly classified $#@!, so what did he give?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Good point you made there LM. A Pvt? lol I'm not sure about the Army but in the USMC a Pvt (E1) doesn't have access to $#@!. I don't even think you can be in the intelligence field as a Pvt, unless you are in MOS school right out of boot camp.

    Edit: Civilians shouldn't even be involved in this situation. Like if he has any rights, little $#@! signed a contract which binds him to the US Military Cloud. Unless he committed the crime in civilian property.........but I'm sure whe was in a Military base when he did whatever he's being accused of.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Good point you made there LM. A Pvt? lol I'm not sure about the Army but in the USMC a Pvt (E1) doesn't have access to $#@!. I don't even think you can be in the intelligence field as a Pvt, unless you are in MOS school right out of boot camp.

    Edit: Civilians shouldn't even be involved in this situation. Like if he has any rights, little $#@! signed a contract which binds him to the US Military Cloud. Unless he committed the crime in civilian property.........but I'm sure whe was in a Military base when he did whatever he's being accused of.
    exactly, he can come in as a PVT, but in those fields that deal with that stuff, he would be promoted to at least a SPC right away. Thats what i dont understand about the situation. and yes UCMJ applies here, so where do other people get the thought they have a right to talk to the kid?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,171
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Yes Reputation No
    Question should be why exactly is he there? Was he pointing out something that is against the US constitution? That the government doesn't want the public to know?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Question should be why exactly is he there? Was he pointing out something that is against the US constitution? That the government doesn't want the public to know?
    doesnt matter since he is military- classified is classified, that alone puts him in trouble

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mildenhall, UK
    Posts
    749
    Rep Points
    681.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    MSNBC and these liberal wackjobs piss me off. This PVT leaked thousands of damaging classified documents to wikileaks. He apparently downloaded all those docs while deployed. This guy needs to be made an example of, not made into a victim. According to the Army he wasn't even fit for deployment, so heads are going to roll for that one. These people need to understand he falls under the UCMJ not civilain law but then again these are the same people that want terrorist tried by civilian court. I laughed when they complained he was in solitary confinment. That was probably done for his own protection, so no one could "accidently" snap his neck.

    BTW, They brought in a U.N. inspector to see if he was tortured, really are you kidding me? Hey U.N., last I heard, Libya and Syria are taking really good care of their political prisoners, just sayin.
    Last edited by Scourge82; 04-22-2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Spelling
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    who the $#@! is pvt manning? 1st, he is military, so it fall under UCMJ, so civilians can go $#@! off. also, somehting sounds fishy as Pvt's dont have access to highly classified $#@!, so what did he give?
    Maybe he's the fall guy?

    Either way, I'm sure they are doing whatever they want with him.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    MSNBC and these liberal wackjobs piss me off. This PVT leaked thousands of damaging classified documents to wikileaks. He apparently downloaded all those docs while deployed. This guy needs to be made an example of, not made into a victim. According to the Army he wasn't even fit for deployment, so heads are going to roll for that one. These people need to understand he falls under the UCMJ not civilain law but then again these are the same people that want terrorist tried by civilian court. I laughed when they complained he was in solitary confinment. That was probably done for his own protection, so no one could "accidently" snap his neck.

    BTW, They brought in a U.N. inspector to see if he was tortured, really are you kidding me? Hey U.N., last I heard, Libya and Syria are taking really good care of their political prisoners, just sayin.
    I agree about leaking potentially sensitive documents that could put troops in danger at that time but beyond that, we need to know what the government is up to. They have gotten out of control, it's no longer by the people and the people no loner have access to anything.

    I say show us everything they are up to.

    Do you really think they should be able to keep what they want from us? They work for us, remember?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mildenhall, UK
    Posts
    749
    Rep Points
    681.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Oh, I agree. Transparency is key to the success and popularity of any government. It's something our government has lacked for a very long time.

    I kinda took this personally, since I'm military and me and my guys deploy quite a bit. I don't want any of my guys getting hurt, because of this guy.

    But, one of the funny things I heard from all this was supposedly one of the documents said that Iran's President was allegedly slaped in the face by one of his top political leaders.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    But, one of the funny things I heard from all this was supposedly one of the documents said that Iran's President was allegedly slaped in the face by one of his top political leaders.
    See, leaks aren't all bad Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    I kinda took this personally, since I'm military and me and my guys deploy quite a bit. I don't want any of my guys getting hurt, because of this guy.
    I agree, don't want anyone putting their life on the line to get hurt. The only thing is, you guys should know what you are putting your life on the line for.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,243
    Rep Points
    697.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Good point you made there LM. A Pvt? lol I'm not sure about the Army but in the USMC a Pvt (E1) doesn't have access to $#@!. I don't even think you can be in the intelligence field as a Pvt, unless you are in MOS school right out of boot camp.

    Edit: Civilians shouldn't even be involved in this situation. Like if he has any rights, little $#@! signed a contract which binds him to the US Military Cloud. Unless he committed the crime in civilian property.........but I'm sure whe was in a Military base when he did whatever he's being accused of.
    I'll echo everything that's being said about the UCMJ. He exposed classified documents to the public is is 100% accountable under the military justice system. If what he let out was TS he could easily be charged with treason aka the death penalty so imho he's sitting pretty so far.

    On the PFC front, at least in the Army no MOS (enlisted) will get a person any more rank on entry than any other. If he came in as a E-1 to E-3 he would have had to wait a year or more and received a waiver to get E-4 (specialist). Also, all he used to get all the documents he got his hands on was the SIPR net. It's just a Secret network that is all over the DOD and there's no reason to limit the ranks that have access to it. I had access to it as an E-3 and jobs with quick schools can have it as 1's and 2's. The limiting factor is his clearance that he should have already had and the need to know. Also, when he in processed his unit he would have signed a form stating a list of don'ts that highlighted the consequences of doing anything dumb.

    *yes I am a dirty POG
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,171
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    I'll echo everything that's being said about the UCMJ. He exposed classified documents to the public is is 100% accountable under the military justice system. If what he let out was TS he could easily be charged with treason aka the death penalty so imho he's sitting pretty so far.

    On the PFC front, at least in the Army no MOS (enlisted) will get a person any more rank on entry than any other. If he came in as a E-1 to E-3 he would have had to wait a year or more and received a waiver to get E-4 (specialist). Also, all he used to get all the documents he got his hands on was the SIPR net. It's just a Secret network that is all over the DOD and there's no reason to limit the ranks that have access to it. I had access to it as an E-3 and jobs with quick schools can have it as 1's and 2's. The limiting factor is his clearance that he should have already had and the need to know. Also, when he in processed his unit he would have signed a form stating a list of don'ts that highlighted the consequences of doing anything dumb.

    *yes I am a dirty POG

    Some say Obama is guilty of Treason.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    I'll echo everything that's being said about the UCMJ. He exposed classified documents to the public is is 100% accountable under the military justice system. If what he let out was TS he could easily be charged with treason aka the death penalty so imho he's sitting pretty so far.

    On the PFC front, at least in the Army no MOS (enlisted) will get a person any more rank on entry than any other. If he came in as a E-1 to E-3 he would have had to wait a year or more and received a waiver to get E-4 (specialist). Also, all he used to get all the documents he got his hands on was the SIPR net. It's just a Secret network that is all over the DOD and there's no reason to limit the ranks that have access to it. I had access to it as an E-3 and jobs with quick schools can have it as 1's and 2's. The limiting factor is his clearance that he should have already had and the need to know. Also, when he in processed his unit he would have signed a form stating a list of don'ts that highlighted the consequences of doing anything dumb.

    *yes I am a dirty POG
    I concur except for the fact that you typically gain rank in those MOS quickly in an attempt to help you get paid to deter things like this. (you can waiver anything in the Army, (yes i am in the army currently, hence the "Lost" part Click here to enlarge ) ) But again, you would think in most cases he would have came in higher than e1, probably e2, maybe e3.

    its also very probable that he was already reduced by the time this made headlines

    he had to have access to some good stuff though. last i was in SIPR was over a yr ago and i couldnt just open anyfile on any server i wanted with out requesting access.




    (POG's have their place too my friend. Its the ones that tell my* stories as their own that are disliked Click here to enlarge )

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mildenhall, UK
    Posts
    749
    Rep Points
    681.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Here's some more info on the guy from Wiki. Apparently he was a Specialist but was demoted after a fight while deployed. He did have some serious issues going on too.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •