Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Karo Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to say the 42 year old man is gonna do time. He chased them all the way down the block (prosecutors are gonna use this against him). The main element here is that he chocked the kid out too long. A simple choke will make you pass out but a longer one will result in brain damage or death. From my Judo experience (what we have been told/warned) a 5-10 second choke will result in unconsciousness and a 30 second choke results in brain damage and couple of seconds will result in death. So the first stage is passing out. If the kid passed out why did he choke him for such a long time? Was he trying to kill him? They will use this against him. I'm just stating the facts don't get me wrong I'm not saying the 42 year old guy is at fault. Also they will look and see if he has any martial arts background and etc.

Remember there is gonna be a lot of emotions running in the court room and the best seller is gonna be the kids side. Tears, emotions, pictures of the kid and testimonials of how the child was the victim and they were only kids are gonna paint a different picture in the juror's minds.

Good luck to the 42 year old guy.

Think of it as those hostage situations where the sniper doesn't go for the kill (headshot). Same scenario but this has to do with the duration of the choke.
    depends on what state, some states still have common sense- i believe the artciel stated that the DA had no intentions of going after him. im sure the parents will sue though.

also, i beleive it depends on if its a blood choke or air- either way, kid jumped out of the bushes at confronted HIM, regardless of him being on the street. the kid chose to again confront the victim, and yes, he is the victim still. his side can easily show the kid had prior's and was not as "good" as the fmaily and friends want to portray him. what was he doing out at 3am? what was he doing? was he drunk or have alcohol or drugs in his sytem- either of those show his lack of respect for the law and shows a pattern, then he was robbing someone- he ran, and then aggressivley confronted the 42yr old. natural selection at work here

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Karo Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to say the 42 year old man is gonna do time. He chased them all the way down the block (prosecutors are gonna use this against him). The main element here is that he chocked the kid out too long. A simple choke will make you pass out but a longer one will result in brain damage or death. From my Judo experience (what we have been told/warned) a 5-10 second choke will result in unconsciousness and a 30 second choke results in brain damage and couple of seconds will result in death. So the first stage is passing out. If the kid passed out why did he choke him for such a long time? Was he trying to kill him? They will use this against him. I'm just stating the facts don't get me wrong I'm not saying the 42 year old guy is at fault. Also they will look and see if he has any martial arts background and etc.

Remember there is gonna be a lot of emotions running in the court room and the best seller is gonna be the kids side. Tears, emotions, pictures of the kid and testimonials of how the child was the victim and they were only kids are gonna paint a different picture in the juror's minds.

Good luck to the 42 year old guy.

Think of it as those hostage situations where the sniper doesn't go for the kill (headshot). Same scenario but this has to do with the duration of the choke.
    I would argue he choked as long as was necessary to neutralize the threat. Also, that there is no established time period for defending yourself for threats, wf? What if he thought the suspect was subdued with a short choke and the perp got up and injured/killed him? You can't think every contingency through, you just have to defend yourself and your property.

$#@! scumbag prosecutors who try to make the victim the problem.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12