Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Defending your property

So here is a story that I think is interesting and Id like to hear some thoughts from you guys. I'll give you the cliffs right off the bat:

Two 18 year olds decide that breaking into a car and stealing keys and a wallet from it is a good idea. The owner woken up from his sleep gets out of the house and chases the 2 perps down the block. One of them hides in bushes the other one challenges and gets knocked out with a punch. Owner retrieves his keys and wallet and the other perp jumps out of bushes and tries to confront the owner. He fares much worse than his buddy and gets put into a long choke hold and suffers brain damage due to oxygen starvation.

The perp died a few days ago of his injuries and the father now is crying bloody murder and the locals are all misty eyed about the loss of a "fine, upstanding citizen" who tragically died.

The heartwarming story from the local site:

http://bridgewater.patch.com/article...g-brain-injury

I decided to dig a little bit more about this fine individual and on the very 1st page of google came across the local PD's little blog about what happens in their little corner of the world:

http://www.bridgewaterpd.com/police_blotter_jan_10.htm

Disorderly Conduct Arrest
    Ė 01/12/10 @ 2004 hours Douglas Uhler 18, Bridgewater, was arrested for disorderly conduct at the Bridgewater Raritan High School. Uhler entered into an argument with spectators at a high school basketball game which resulted in Uhler pushing an opposing teamís chaperone. Officers were able to place Uhler under arrest after a short scuffle ensued.

So I say this guy made his first mistake here and never learned from it and payed for it with his life. Sad but totally avoidable by better parenting I'd say. As you can imagine I hold no sympathy towards him at all. Care to ad your thoughts?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They chose the path of crime - and one of them paid dearly. Let that be a deterrent to others.

Wonder how many other cars they broke into, without getting caught.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would echo your sentiments and add that it's not like the victim (for clarification: the person that was robbed) curb stomped anyone. He put the guy in a nonlethal choke and in the scuffle, didn't execute it correctly. The guy went out of his way after being the victim of a crime and then physically challenged/threatened to not beat him into the hospital, but just attempt to subdue the assailant. He should be commended for his self control and hopefully the incident won't weigh on his conscience
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sounds like NJ..

he was well within his rights. Im sure he'll have to go to court though.

hippies dont believe in natural selection, but I do. $#@! with a bigger/stronger/smarter/more capable adversary and get handled..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The kid got what he deserved. I would have done the same as the owner. It really frustrates me the some people have absolutely no respect for others and their belongings.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Crook got placed in his cranny.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think it would have been a quicker and more humane death if he had been shot in the head.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    So I say this guy made his first mistake here and never learned from it and payed for it with his life. Sad but totally avoidable by better parenting I'd say. As you can imagine I hold no sympathy towards him at all. Care to ad your thoughts?
    My thoughts are that you came to the correct conclusion.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no one is to blame.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just looking at his picture..he looks like a typical scumbag.

And his liberal dad is screaming that his son never had a problem..its someone ELSEs fault he died.

$#@! him...he got what he deserved.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I think it would have been a quicker and more humane death if he had been shot in the head.
    Click here to enlarge

EDIT: reload pic.
    Last edited by susan28; 04-15-2011 at 01:49 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ Might be a good thing that image is broken.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now that's odd, it showed on my screen when i first posted it and other photobucket IMG files have worked. ::shrugging::

Just reloaded (heh) with an edit and it's back but when i did he edit the site had replaced the url with "bimmerboost/imported" or some such.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by susan28 Click here to enlarge
    Now that's odd, it showed on my screen when i first posted it and other photobucket IMG files have worked. ::shrugging::

Just reloaded (heh) with an edit and it's back but when i did he edit the site had replaced the url with "bimmerboost/imported" or some such.
    The site will automatically import images. This is done so there will never be broken links and so we have a record of everything. I hate going into old threads on other sites and everything is broken making it useless. Our site will always have everything in place.

Sometimes, there is an error writing the image like seemed to have happened in your case. It works 99.9% of the time though Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    a fresh try:Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    ​"For the most part, it was pretty quiet all night long in gold and silver, but I'm sure the bullion banks are still lurking out there somewhere." -Ed Steer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It just doesn't like that link.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I saw the pics a few minutes ago

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    I saw the pics a few minutes ago
    They will show up before being imported. For whatever reason that .bmp isn't being imported right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lemme just try the car link i've already posted successfully (sans the vette one that garnered me the demerit, hehe.. hey i don't even own that anymore was just sharing my humble begnnings!).

ok, here's the car pic i used in my intro thread, which is still there: Click here to enlarge

EDIT: it's continuing to show, but is not being converted to an import like the other ones. maybe an issue here, dunno.

back to the topic..
    Last edited by susan28; 04-15-2011 at 02:52 AM.
    ​"For the most part, it was pretty quiet all night long in gold and silver, but I'm sure the bullion banks are still lurking out there somewhere." -Ed Steer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm actually quite impressed that a 42 year old outgunned two energetic football players, especially after being jumped from the bushes.

When I was 18, I went to the gym every day, did martial arts, went running, I even ate tuna out of a tin .. I felt unstoppable. Now, in my early thirties, let's just say things are a little 'different'. LOL.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigup Click here to enlarge
    I'm actually quite impressed that a 42 year old outgunned two energetic football players, especially after being jumped from the bushes.

When I was 18, I went to the gym every day, did martial arts, went running, I even ate tuna out of a tin .. I felt unstoppable. Now, in my early thirties, let's just say things are a little 'different'. LOL.
    its called "man-strength" you cant train for it, you just develop it when your muscle/tendons/sinews/ect are just "battle" hardenede and strengethend over time. reason why 30-40yr old skinny guys who have manual labor jobs and dont weight train are so tough. but of course,same situation with a guy that weight trains are in his favor

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    its called "man-strength" you cant train for it, you just develop it when your muscle/tendons/sinews/ect are just "battle" hardenede and strengethend over time. reason why 30-40yr old skinny guys who have manual labor jobs and dont weight train are so tough. but of course,same situation with a guy that weight trains are in his favor
    Unfortunately for me, with man-strength, came man-beer-gut! Click here to enlarge
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Awe man, poor kid. He grew up with parents who don't own up to anything so why would he do the right thing and work for things like the money in the 42 y.o. wallet/ his car keys.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Karma is a $#@! huh? Home-owner did what he needed to do&thats that.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry to say the 42 year old man is gonna do time. He chased them all the way down the block (prosecutors are gonna use this against him). The main element here is that he chocked the kid out too long. A simple choke will make you pass out but a longer one will result in brain damage or death. From my Judo experience (what we have been told/warned) a 5-10 second choke will result in unconsciousness and a 30 second choke results in brain damage and couple of seconds will result in death. So the first stage is passing out. If the kid passed out why did he choke him for such a long time? Was he trying to kill him? They will use this against him. I'm just stating the facts don't get me wrong I'm not saying the 42 year old guy is at fault. Also they will look and see if he has any martial arts background and etc.

Remember there is gonna be a lot of emotions running in the court room and the best seller is gonna be the kids side. Tears, emotions, pictures of the kid and testimonials of how the child was the victim and they were only kids are gonna paint a different picture in the juror's minds.

Good luck to the 42 year old guy.

Think of it as those hostage situations where the sniper doesn't go for the kill (headshot). Same scenario but this has to do with the duration of the choke.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast