pitching wedge
    sand wedge
    Putter
    Bag
    Click here to enlarge

I hit up the course today, did pretty decent on the front 9, hit a 60 LOL
    back 9 hit a 69...
    total: 129
    (for reference, a 72 is hitting PAR on every hole)
    Pretty hard course, my second time out there. ALOT of water. I missed a birdie opportunity, ended it with a double-bogey. $#@! the greens!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ Seems like a really good deal for clubs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ^ Seems like a really good deal for clubs.
    Yeah, I can't justify spending $4,000 on a set to go out and hit the ground a few times...lol.

When I hit a 72, I'll consider it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrads on the new set!!!!!!! That score really isn't that bad for the second time out on a hard course...and the fact that you had a birdie opportunity is awesome. Keep us posted with your progress!
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ

Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    Congrads on the new set!!!!!!! That score really isn't that bad for the second time out on a hard course...and the fact that you had a birdie opportunity is awesome. Keep us posted with your progress!
    So my friend got me in a tournament playing at the Sweet Water Country Club - fml, LOL i'm going to be at the range practicing everyday. That course is $#@! hard, water and bunkers every where. Margin for error is very slim.

Probably playing scramble off the first ball since there will be so many people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hit my first birdie on my first hole. (at this course)

The 2nd shot landed feet from the hole. It was a par 4 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

The rest of the day was crap. None of my drivers went straight except the 18th hole. ugh.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Bought a set for $180, came with:
    1-wood driver
    3-wood driver
    3-wood hybrid
    4-wood hybrid
    5-9 irons
    pitching wedge
    sand wedge
    Putter
    Bag
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...lKWJ7SzL-1.jpg

I hit up the course today, did pretty decent on the front 9, hit a 60 LOL
    back 9 hit a 69...
    total: 129
    (for reference, a 72 is hitting PAR on every hole)
    Pretty hard course, my second time out there. ALOT of water. I missed a birdie opportunity, ended it with a double-bogey. $#@! the greens!
    Where did you buy this from?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    amazon, they have great deals on clubs, plus, you don't want to spend too much on your first set since more than likely, you'll be hitting the ground more often than you want. I still occasionally hit the ground Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    here's a link

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Too tired to post yesterday, but went to the tournament yesterday....crazy fun!

The country club we played at was ridiculous. $100k initiation fee, $800/month after that.

Course was beautiful, wish I had a point-and-shoot for the pics, but was too busy racing people in my golf cart Click here to enlarge
    We were playing scramble, so the highest score you can get was a par. With that, we made 4 birdies, I got a long putt on 1 of them.

If we counted everything above par, we were bogeying everything except about 2-3 holes, and the 4 birdies...so we'd be around 80s

Click here to enlarge

The ball drop was pretty awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what course? im assuming its a course they play a tour event at for that money
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Too tired to post yesterday, but went to the tournament yesterday....crazy fun!

The country club we played at was ridiculous. $100k initiation fee, $800/month after that.

Course was beautiful, wish I had a point-and-shoot for the pics, but was too busy racing people in my golf cart Click here to enlarge
    We were playing scramble, so the highest score you can get was a par. With that, we made 4 birdies, I got a long putt on 1 of them.

If we counted everything above par, we were bogeying everything except about 2-3 holes, and the 4 birdies...so we'd be around 80s

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...11416300-1.jpg

The ball drop was pretty awesome.
    $100k initiation fee? To hang out with a bunch of pretentious asshats at some place that doesn't even belong to you, only that you are "renting" so to speak? While they all drone on and on about how their 5th marriage isn't working out? F that.

The racing golf carts part sounds great though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, I was skeptical at first when they said $100k. So I went and called them up, it's $7k initiation fee and $500/month.

You get access to 36 holes (2 courses), athletics facility, and the indoor tennis. $7k better than 100k, yes, but $500 a month is still 6k a year...so umm I'll pass.

p.s. it is Sweet Water Country Club - its surrounded by Mansions...was playing one hole, was distracted by a house which had a waterfall going into the swimming pool. It was ridiculous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, I was skeptical at first when they said $100k. So I went and called them up, it's $7k initiation fee and $500/month.

You get access to 36 holes (2 courses), athletics facility, and the indoor tennis. $7k better than 100k, yes, but $500 a month is still 6k a year...so umm I'll pass.

p.s. it is Sweet Water Country Club - its surrounded by Mansions...was playing one hole, was distracted by a house which had a waterfall going into the swimming pool. It was ridiculous.
    For $100k initiation I would want the club owners daughter to blow me on command, 24/7.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    For $100k initiation I would want the club owners daughter to blow me on command, 24/7.
    I was going to ruin it by posting an ugly daughter picture, but my golf etiquette kicked in:
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tee-time 7:52am...hoping to get under 100!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Another golfer checking in. :wave:

Tee-time 7:52am...hoping to get under 100!
    How'd it go?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sucked ass LOL. My drives kept slicing and when I did finally get the hang of it....the 18th hole had come up. hit a 52 on the back 9....was an OK day.

I went again today with a friend, same thing happened but I only took my driver out twice - both times it went 200+ yards.....slicing right. I eventually made it to the pin, but those extra shots really hurt.

Just kept playing with my 3-hybrid since that is the only thing I know how to use well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DP, how old are you man ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    DP, how old are you man ?
    24 Click here to enlarge

On another note, went this weekend, got 3 strokes better than my last score, slowly coming closer to breaking under a 100!

My driver on the 18th hole was SUPERB - I wish I could have done that on all the other holes. I had an opportunity for an eagle since it was a Par 5. My first stroke landed me literally 140-150 yards from the green. I screwed that one up so bad Click here to enlarge ended up with a bogey (+1).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    24?! Haha ME TOO...I play golf a lot, but I'm like the black sheep of the family, both my 18 y.o. sister and my dad shoot par on average. Haha I just started back up and it's fun...wish some BB people lived near me so we can chat about golf and cars :\ but oh well...I usually shoot around 90's and on good days 80's but since I started back up I've been striking the ball really well, so hopefully this week when I go play (first time in like 6 years) I'll be able to shoot par!
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    24?! Haha ME TOO...I play golf a lot, but I'm like the black sheep of the family, both my 18 y.o. sister and my dad shoot par on average. Haha I just started back up and it's fun...wish some BB people lived near me so we can chat about golf and cars :\ but oh well...I usually shoot around 90's and on good days 80's but since I started back up I've been striking the ball really well, so hopefully this week when I go play (first time in like 6 years) I'll be able to shoot par!
    Damn, I wish I could shoot par! I only started back in March, my best thus far is a 103 at a somewhat challenging course, lots of water (par 72).

My main problem was/is the drive. I think I have found the swing again, but I'll see this week. Going down to Florida to visit friends, hopefully I'll hit below 100!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just keep up what you're doing - there really is no replacement for actually getting out on the course. You seem to be making time to get out and get the experience and that'll pay off quicker than you think. Also, something to remember, playing constantly helps build up both the mental and physical stamina. Once you get really good, that's what you'll find will be you're major undoing. I'm the worst player among my friends (all single digit handicappers) and today I shot a 36 on the front and a 45 on the back. The back wasn't a blow up, just a bunch of little mistakes that added strokes because it was only my second time out this year. I have no mental stamina to make it past 2 hrs yet (was 2 under at that point) and once the mind starts to wander. . . it also didn't help that our cart girl was smoking hot today. . .anyway, just wanted to let you know you're heading in the right direction and to continue to keep us posted!
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ

Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, it's the opposite for me. The front 9 is usually the worst for me as I don't get a proper warm up or even a feel for the game unless I hit a range first. I hate going to the range at the courses because they usually have mats.

Either way, I hope to break 100 this week!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ordered the titleist 910 last week and still waiting for it to come
    thinking about picking up a new titleist or taylormade 5 wood this week too
    m3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast