Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

A long covered subject IC pump, and IAT temps

Newbie, 1st MB I have owned, CL65 AMG 05'(mint w/ 39k miles, Pewter Silver/Black).....I just Eurocharged here with jerry's stage1 flash. Definite improvement. I am not new to modded cars, i have owned Audi's for a while and still own a heavily modded RS6 with DBR stage 3 race kit, 645hp/788tq.....I decided to buy a plx kiwi device and download dashcommand on my ipad...it measures a decent amount of PID's or in the Audi world, blocks....that said, i felt for the car, it was sluggish, I just didnt feel the oomph around 2500rpms that 700tq is suppossed to feel like, even with the EC flash, it improved. I measured IATs, idle 170f, driving highway 160f, then again driving locally 143f, open her up and drop to 115f...outside temps have been 45-50f. I did buy a new bosch pump and have a spare johnson cm30...I removed unside pan, unbolted pump and ran test leads attached to 12v model batterry and wherrrrr pump was cycling. Ok heres the point, where would the fuse for the pump be located?, in trunk? and I assume a relay as well for pump...I just want to check those before I swap pump...TIA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Nice ride, do you have pictures or videos? Sorry I cant help you with the questions but someone else can, welcome to the forum.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Can't help on the fuse, but your IATs are definitely high. It just so happens that, I too, have a Kiwi Wifi. I was just logging some normal everyday driving, with ambient temps in the 60's. My IATs were in the low 100s. Take a look:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKECRhvlf4

Powered by:Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Ok, Ty for response...I am going to check one more thing, turn car off after long drive and run to passenger side wheel well and listen. Car is covered under a warranty, but I like to wrench and assume this was going to be simple swap of pumps. I will look over fuse box and hopefully find a spent fuse.
    DBFIU, Ty for welcome, and I will download sone pics tonight.
    Stephen

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Speedtrapped Click here to enlarge
    i have owned Audi's for a while and still own a heavily modded RS6 with DBR stage 3 race kit, 645hp/788tq
    Don't make me beg you to post details of this over on Audiboost.com (same login as here, you are already registered)

Ok heres the point, where would the fuse for the pump be located?, in trunk? and I assume a relay as well for pump...I just want to check those before I swap pump...TIA
    I'm actually hoping we get Eurocharged setup here as a vendor shortly, as they would be a good source to ask.

Where are you located? Might be able to get someone to help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Ok, Ty for response...I am going to check one more thing, turn car off after long drive and run to passenger side wheel well and listen. Car is covered under a warranty, but I like to wrench and assume this was going to be simple swap of pumps. I will look over fuse box and hopefully find a spent fuse.
    DBFIU, Ty for welcome, and I will download sone pics tonight.
    Stephen
    Actually, it's easier than that. Remove your engine cover. Start car at let it idle. You'll see a schrader valve towards the rear of the engine, close to the firewall. Push that shrader valve in, and see if it starts peeing fluid. If not, your pump is not running.
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Clayton, compared to my car your iats seem high. Is that normal for the v12...40 over or so? In 60 degree weather, my iats will be at 70-80. I haven't seen 100+in months, although I am sure that will change here soon.

Also, agree with Sticky, would love to hear more on that rs6.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Clayton, compared to my car your iats seem high. Is that normal for the v12...40 over or so? In 60 degree weather, my iats will be at 70-80. I haven't seen 100+in months, although I am sure that will change here soon.

Also, agree with Sticky, would love to hear more on that rs6.

Yeah, one of the bad things about the V12TT. If you think a 55K car heat soaks quickly, try making making a few pulls on one of these cars. Remember, the turbos are part of the exhaust manifolds. What a goofy design. When I back in to my garage, I have to leave the garage door up, and pop the hood to vent the heat out into atmosphere. If I dont, it super heats the garage. Not kidding.

Do you have an upgraded heat exchanger?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, one of the bad things about the V12TT. If you think a 55K car heat soaks quickly, try making making a few pulls on one of these cars. Remember, the turbos are part of the exhaust manifolds. What a goofy design. When I back in to my garage, I have to leave the garage door up, and pop the hood to vent the heat out into atmosphere. If I dont, it super heats the garage. Not kidding.

Do you have an upgraded heat exchanger?
    Man, that is insane! I had no idea. Are there any other cooling upgrades for your car?

Yup, I have a bigazz heat exchanger and a rear mounted resevoir. My setup is pretty efficient.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Man, that is insane! I had no idea. Are there any other cooling upgrades for your car?

Yup, I have a bigazz heat exchanger and a rear mounted resevoir. My setup is pretty efficient.
    Yeah man, in the winter it actually helps heat the garage, but in the summer, I have to vent it.

My car is stock except for tuning. Your heat exchanger and rear tank are no doubt why your IATs are so good.