Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Unfortunately, religion caters mostly to the poor, weak, and helpless (whether it is a permanent or temporary situation); regardless of which one you choose, they're all the same in this respect, IMO.
    Along the lines of what Propain mentioned earlier, religion was established to "rule" over a population and make them do what's "right" for society--or those in chargeClick here to enlarge
    It's also a cash cow for those at the top, especially the Vatican!Click here to enlarge

Remember that religion is an invention by man, so the possibilities of corruption are endless and much documented throughout history.Click here to enlarge
    That being said, I mostly believe that there is good in most of what is preached in various religions and of course plenty of evil too.

In a nut shell, most of us know what is good and evil and if you want to live a good and happy life you know what to do and what not to do and vice versa.

Personally, I believe there is something out there that we've labeled "God"; I grew up Catholic and am now a very liberal Protestant (Unitarian/Congregationalist).
    I don't need any book or other person to preach to me how to live; I'm a strong enough and smart enough individual to decide for myself and if I f-up along the way, so be it, I'll learn from it and move on.
    If there is a judgement day and I fail to make the grade, I just hope there's BenzBoost in Hell--if not, we all know they'll have MBWClick here to enlarge

That being said, nothing good comes from burning anyone's holy book, flag, etc.--it's just provocative and evil no matter how it's packaged!--this woman needs a good "come to Jesus" momentClick here to enlarge
    2011 C63 ///AMG / BLK on BLK / P31 / LSD / CF Trim / Keyless Go / Rear Camera / All the other stuff too!!
    Click here to enlarge
    2011 X3 2.8 Vermillion Red/Black loaded

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

ROFL
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I love this post. My thoughts exactly.....

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by P31-C63 Click here to enlarge
    Unfortunately, religion caters mostly to the poor, weak, and helpless (whether it is a permanent or temporary situation); regardless of which one you choose, they're all the same in this respect, IMO.
    Along the lines of what Propain mentioned earlier, religion was established to "rule" over a population and make them do what's "right" for society--or those in chargeClick here to enlarge
    It's also a cash cow for those at the top, especially the Vatican!Click here to enlarge

Remember that religion is an invention by man, so the possibilities of corruption are endless and much documented throughout history.Click here to enlarge
    That being said, I mostly believe that there is good in most of what is preached in various religions and of course plenty of evil too.

In a nut shell, most of us know what is good and evil and if you want to live a good and happy life you know what to do and what not to do and vice versa.

Personally, I believe there is something out there that we've labeled "God"; I grew up Catholic and am now a very liberal Protestant (Unitarian/Congregationalist).
    I don't need any book or other person to preach to me how to live; I'm a strong enough and smart enough individual to decide for myself and if I f-up along the way, so be it, I'll learn from it and move on.
    If there is a judgement day and I fail to make the grade, I just hope there's BenzBoost in Hell--if not, we all know they'll have MBWClick here to enlarge

That being said, nothing good comes from burning anyone's holy book, flag, etc.--it's just provocative and evil no matter how it's packaged!--this woman needs a good "come to Jesus" momentClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    And to all of you who are comparing this to the bible, well, it's thousands of years later and we are not killing and raping in the name of God.
    I normally don't talk religion as I would offend everyone on here lol. But you've got to be kidding me with that statement! What about Christian fundamentalist bombing abortion clinics and killing doctors in this country as recently as a few years ago? Or what about Catholics vs Protestants in Ireland less than 20yrs ago(hell they just bombed a policemans car in Ireland this week) Or the Bosnian war? Need to check that statement as there are still plenty of crazies on jesus's side.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    I normally don't talk religion as I would offend everyone on here lol. But you've got to be kidding me with that statement! What about Christian fundamentalist bombing abortion clinics and killing doctors in this country as recently as a few years ago? Or what about Catholics vs Protestants in Ireland less than 20yrs ago(hell they just bombed a policemans car in Ireland this week) Or the Bosnian war? Need to check that statement as there are still plenty of crazies on jesus's side.
    Yes you have the crazies claiming many things on the so-called Christian side all of which is not supported in the New Testament what so ever yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Yes you have the crazies claiming many things on the so-called Christian side all of which is not supported in the New Testament what so ever yes.
    That's another funny argument from Christians "oh it's in the old testament not the new" so why does the bible include the old testament? Ask any pastor if the old testament is no longer valid and should just be ignored! He'll tell you of course not it's also the "word" of god. Which btw if god is all knowing and infallible then why the attitude change from old to new? Lol that book is rife with contradiction and violence and like I said I'm not one to insult peoples beliefs but the only reason we are a less violent and hateful society than them is because more of us are less religious and know to throw that bs out the window.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

That's another funny argument from Christians "oh it's in the old testament not the new" so why does the bible include the old testament? Ask any pastor if the old testament is no longer valid and should just be ignored! He'll tell you of course not it's also the "word" of god. Which btw if god is all knowing and infallible then why the attitude change from old to new? Lol that book is rife with contradiction and violence and like I said I'm not one to insult peoples beliefs but the only reason we are a less violent and hateful society than them is because more of us are less religious and know to throw that bs out the window.
    Well I will say much of the old testament is directed towards the Hebrews/Jews when you look at it. Anyone who isn't a Jew/Hebrew is a gentile. Gentiles eat pork, and do not need to follow much those idea's. Sure somethings from the Old Testament are still very important in the New Testament, but when you read about the killing in the Old Testament it involves hostile surrounding Countries. Also in the Old Testament the Jews didn't go around trying to convert the rest of their neighboring Countries. Sure their were times where in the Old Testament God said kill that whole city, and everything in it and do not take any of their goods for they are evil. If you do not listen to my words they will be against you forever. Guess what they didn't do? They didn't listen, and look how everything is working out for them today in Israel. The whole world is focused on that 1 small piece of land.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Talking about Religion is comedy to me. Sorry if I offend anyone. No one likes to hear the other side of the story and that's why everyone has their own beliefs.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes it is a hot topic I agree doped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Um the god of the old testament is a very vindictive and murderous deity. Plus his judgement was abit lacking, look at the story of Sodom when the angels arrive there to save the only righteous man in the city he defends them against the rapist if the city by offering his own daughters to be raped? Nice. And then said family hides in the mountains while god does his murder thing and while their what do these young women do? They get their father drunk and sleep with him! That's a righteous family? Face it these text were created by man with no "direction" from anyone and they are no longer applicable to how anyone should lead their life. Religion has outlived it's usefulness and no longer serves butto cause conflict between people with conflicting myths.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Um the god of the old testament is a very vindictive and murderous deity. Plus his judgement was abit lacking, look at the story of Sodom when the angels arrive there to save the only righteous man in the city he defends them against the rapist if the city by offering his own daughters to be raped? Nice. And then said family hides in the mountains while god does his murder thing and while their what do these young women do? They get their father drunk and sleep with him! That's a righteous family? Face it these text were created by man with no "direction" from anyone and they are no longer applicable to how anyone should lead their life. Religion has outlived it's usefulness and no longer serves butto cause conflict between people with conflicting myths.
    That's it you are questioning these things off with your head. lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    That's it you are questioning these things off with your head. lol
    LOL actually one "teacher" tried to punch me when I was in bible study(family is catholic) and said that if god created everything and he is the source of everything it stood to reason he created evil as well. Of course the "teacher" was just a older kid who lost his temper(and his temper as I boxed from 11yo through HS)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

I think he is referring more to civilized Western society that isn't governed by religious law.

Sure, there are nutjobs still, in every religion. But, we have a separation of church and state.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think he is referring more to civilized Western society that isn't governed by religious law.

Sure, there are nutjobs still, in every religion. But, we have a separation of church and state.
    Separation is a great thing. That's another thing the Middle East needs to Work on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

damn I wanna $#@! her!
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    damn I wanna $#@! her!
    ROFL. Go visit her. She gave you her address already at the end of the video. Just don't say you are Muslim. LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

The point of the thread is really a woman standing up and not being afraid. They burns our flags and symbols all the time and yet that is ok, yet somehow theirs are off limits. I'm not for censorship and stand up for free speech. I don't agree with burning holy books or calling them evil, but I will defend her right to do so.
    this

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    this
    Thread

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Right but that just amplifies my point. His initial comment that got me riled up was that we can't comepare the Quran to the bible as we aren't raping or killing here in the name of god. But he is incorrect and you ARE correct, it is not because the bible is such a peaceful book vs the Quran its that we don't allow the violence bigotry racism and hatred that is rampant in all these "religious" text to dictate our moral code. We are a nation of reason above all else specially religion and it's this irreverence that gives us our civility not our "religiosity" for proof of this look and see that the most violent and murderous countries are the most religious ones.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

We are a nation of reason above all
    Just took a few dozen witch burnings and hundreds of years but I guess we have made some progress. Religion still dictates a lot of policy in this country.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Just took a few dozen witch burnings and hundreds of years but I guess we have made some progress. Religion still dictates a lot of policy in this country.
    NO comparison to saudi arabia there buddy....

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    NO comparison to saudi arabia there buddy....
    Just pointing out we have our faults.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

for proof of this look and see that the most violent and murderous countries are the most religious ones.
    Yes, the most violent areas of the US are also the most religious, historically.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by susan28 Click here to enlarge
    Yes, the most violent areas of the US are also the most religious, historically.
    Nordic tribes who were pagans and didnt really believe in $#@! were so ruthless they would go in to battle with northern europe completely nude and thats where the word 'berserk' came from. Religion is an inanimate idea/belief, 'the religious' are who you are referring to, and not all religious people are $#@!ed up psychotic murderers (cant say the same for religious muslims though).

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

You've got to be kidding me with that statement. Crazies don't count.
    If you are trying to say we are just as bad as the middle east and other 3rd world countries, then I'm not even going to bother with replying to you again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast