Close

    • Dyno results of a tuned P31 Package C63 AMG by OE Tuning, +30 whp

      Warning: This dyno is a very low reading dyno. Most C63's with the P31 package dyno around 420whp stock on a dyno jet. Stock the car ranged from 378-394whp. Tuned it ranged from 417-427whp So that is a gain of 33whp and 32trq. Very solid numbers. I was not expecting these results at all as I have heard you could not gain much out of a tune on the P31. So thanks to Jeremy at OE Tuning!

      The 1 funny thing is that I raced member Xtyper in a video you recently saw posted and when he was tuned and I was stock we were tied every time, was dead even. Xtpyer dyno'd at 420-422whp on the same dyno that I dyno'd at 390whp stock. So weird that we were tied racing but that I dyno'd 30whp less.

      So to get some more real world results, we will have to get back out there and do some runs again! I also will be using the Vbox again, and try and beat my old time, which was pretty solid and I havent seen beaten by a tune only car yet.

      Also to note. I took out my charcoal filters after and did some more runs and there was no gain. Did 3 runs and they all were in between my highest and lowest dyno. So I can say there was no dyno gains for me. Maybe at driving speeds it helps.

      DYNO SHEET:


      Stock Runs


      Video of Tuned Dynos:


      More stock dyno runs

      This article was originally published in forum thread: C63 w/ P31 OE Tuned! Dyno w/ Video started by DD GT3 RD View original post
      Comments 64 Comments
      1. DD GT3 RD's Avatar
        DD GT3 RD -
        same intake to my knowledge. We both have similar miles on the car. Same tires too...I think my brakes are a little lighter not a lot thou.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
        same intake to my knowledge. We both have similar miles on the car. Same tires too...I think my brakes are a little lighter not a lot thou.
        Well it sure is very interesting.

        I have no doubt your lead will now be increased with the tune.

        The only way to get a true comparison is to dyno both at the same time. But, a real world result is a real world result and more important than any graphs.
      1. SSDD's Avatar
        SSDD -
        Thanks for taking the time to take the videos and pics. The merc is looking very strong. Good luck with the v-box runs sir
      1. EUGENE-Taiwan's Avatar
        EUGENE-Taiwan -
        I want to see a race! video
      1. DD GT3 RD's Avatar
        DD GT3 RD -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
        Thanks for taking the time to take the videos and pics. The merc is looking very strong. Good luck with the v-box runs sir
        It all about documenting this stuff! I know it helps me when im searching for a product and someone else has documented their results!




        Also, was driving around tonight, picked up my buddy who was in my car before the tune last night...and I definitely feel like there is more power, especially the torque. He also said he felt a good difference
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
        It all about documenting this stuff! I know it helps me when im searching for a product and someone else has documented their results!




        Also, was driving around tonight, picked up my buddy who was in my car before the tune last night...and I definitely feel like there is more power, especially the torque. He also said he felt a good difference
        Bump for an update, any new 60-130's? Click here to enlarge
      1. DD GT3 RD's Avatar
        DD GT3 RD -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        Bump for an update, any new 60-130's? Click here to enlarge
        updates soon
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
        updates soon
        My tires are being installed Friday. Ill have my times up as well.
      1. DD GT3 RD's Avatar
        DD GT3 RD -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
        My tires are being installed Friday. Ill have my times up as well.
        Nice...need to get more people doing runs! Excited to see how you do!
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
        Nice...need to get more people doing runs! Excited to see how you do!
        Well you got Jon's 9.5 to shoot for. Click here to enlarge
      1. DD GT3 RD's Avatar
        DD GT3 RD -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
        Well you got Jon's 9.5 to shoot for. Click here to enlarge
        haha...you 2 seem to have some history I dont know about!! Assuming about your previous race, and well he does seem to get into it with a few members there.

        Hopefully he did run a 9.5 or 9.7...would just give me more inspiration to get out there an run!

        When you guys ran what mods did you each have?
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
        haha...you 2 seem to have some history I dont know about!! Assuming about your previous race, and well he does seem to get into it with a few members there.

        Hopefully he did run a 9.5 or 9.7...would just give me more inspiration to get out there an run!

        When you guys ran what mods did you each have?
        Lots of history with Jon. Ask Mike, Hagi, Jeremy, Bruce from TTM... sorry if I left anyone out.. Click here to enlarge


        Tune only on both cars. Its the same platform with the same tune but for some reason Jon thinks hes faster. The only thing Jon has in his favor is hes 120 pound soaking wet. So hes got an 80-90 pound weight savings. I know Jon, he exaggerates everything. I would be surprised if he ran a 9.5 on flat ground. Both times are completely possible with the OE tune and the right conditions I just think Jon is way to much of a dope to get it done.
      1. JonsC63AMG's Avatar
        JonsC63AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
        Lots of history with Jon. Ask Mike, Hagi, Jeremy, Bruce from TTM... sorry if I left anyone out.. Click here to enlarge


        Tune only on both cars. Its the same platform with the same tune but for some reason Jon thinks hes faster. The only thing Jon has in his favor is hes 120 pound soaking wet. So hes got an 80-90 pound weight savings. I know Jon, he exaggerates everything. I would be surprised if he ran a 9.5 on flat ground. Both times are completely possible with the OE tune and the right conditions I just think Jon is way to much of a dope to get it done.
        First post here and its typical your talking crap here.Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge There is no way no how your going to beat my 60-130. I even bet you $1k and you chickened out.Click here to enlarge
      1. JonsC63AMG's Avatar
        JonsC63AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
        Lots of history with Jon. Ask Mike, Hagi, Jeremy, Bruce from TTM... sorry if I left anyone out.. Click here to enlarge


        Tune only on both cars. Its the same platform with the same tune but for some reason Jon thinks hes faster. The only thing Jon has in his favor is hes 120 pound soaking wet. So hes got an 80-90 pound weight savings. I know Jon, he exaggerates everything. I would be surprised if he ran a 9.5 on flat ground. Both times are completely possible with the OE tune and the right conditions I just think Jon is way to much of a dope to get it done.
        Also you tested the vbox on the same roads and cant even break 9secClick here to enlargeYour best was a 10.3?Click here to enlargeon the same road. Pretty sad to say the leastClick here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonsC63AMG Click here to enlarge
        Also you tested the vbox on the same roads and cant even break 9secClick here to enlargeYour best was a 10.3?Click here to enlargeon the same road. Pretty sad to say the leastClick here to enlarge
        You must be a jockey.
      1. JonsC63AMG's Avatar
        JonsC63AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You must be a jockey.
        I'm 145lbs and am a athlete-avid cyclist former NYS bike champ.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonsC63AMG Click here to enlarge
        I'm 145lbs and am a athlete-avid cyclist former NYS bike champ.
        Awesome.

        Feel free to add your time to the 60-130 list.
      1. JonsC63AMG's Avatar
        JonsC63AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Awesome.

        Feel free to add your time to the 60-130 list.
        Coming soon. I need to run again because I didnt have the SD card. Soon as I get the file I will email it.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonsC63AMG Click here to enlarge
        Coming soon. I need to run again because I didnt have the SD card. Soon as I get the file I will email it.
        So you don't have the graph from the run because you don't have the SD card? Whose cars was in there then or did you borrow a Vbox?
      1. JonsC63AMG's Avatar
        JonsC63AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
        haha...you 2 seem to have some history I dont know about!! Assuming about your previous race, and well he does seem to get into it with a few members there.

        Hopefully he did run a 9.5 or 9.7...would just give me more inspiration to get out there an run!

        When you guys ran what mods did you each have?
        I know Propain is nervous. He didnt even get close to those times. More like mid 10secClick here to enlargeBTW I only have a tune-stock filters. Propain has K&N filters and airbox mod same tune. Pretty sad to run mid 10sClick here to enlarge