• Brabus manages to do a twin turbo M156 (63 AMG, SLS) V8 - 700 horsepower

      Brabus has once again pulled off what few others, if anyone else, could. They unveilved a twin turbo SLS they built at Geneva. This is not a motor swap but a twin turbo setup on the M156 V8 with compression dropped down to 9.0:1 with forged pistons/internals. Custom manifolds feed two turbos they somehow got to fit neatly. Torque is raised up to 626 pound-feet which is far beyond the torque limits in the factory transmission. This does use the DCT transmission so how they did this is beyond us as our tuners tell us no one has been able to exceed these limits. It seems Brabus has made the impossible, possible.

















      This article was originally published in forum thread: Brabus manages to do a twin turbo M156 (63 SMG, SLS) V8 - 700 horsepower started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 50 Comments
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        Because no one is going to pay the Brabus asking price for a regular AMG, and MB would not waste the tooling on 20-25 cars.
        well i'm sure a Black Series SLS wouldn't be cheap , 100 grand more easily. and one thing , Manufactures do anything to get money! surely those cars wouldn't be limited just to 20-25 , 200-250 makes more sense.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        i don't think MB made it for Brabus , why would they do that? i mean more customers would go for it if it was a Black Series SLS or something like that, doesn't make sense.
        MB didn't "make it" but definitely would have had to provide some assistance or point Brabus in the right direction regarding software. They have a relationship other tuners don't have with MB.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        well i'm sure a Black Series SLS wouldn't be cheap , 100 grand more easily. and one thing , Manufactures do anything to get money! surely those cars wouldn't be limited just to 20-25 , 200-250 makes more sense.
        This isn't a 250 unit production car. This is just Brabus showing off and a few will be built for clientele on their list. There isn't even a price...
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        This isn't a 250 unit production car. This is just Brabus showing off and a few will be built for clientele on their list. There isn't even a price...
        Exactly.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        This isn't a 250 unit production car. This is just Brabus showing off and a few will be built for clientele on their list. There isn't even a price...
        i was talking about a TT SLS straight from MB not Brabus , something like SLS Black Series
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        i was talking about a TT SLS straight from MB not Brabus , something like SLS Black Series
        I guess I misunderstood your post but maybe they will do a black series, I don't know. Either way, this is something very limited.
      1. malooamg's Avatar
        malooamg -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Ok, and torque limitations are not programmed into it in the same way?
        its the dct out of the california ferrari not the 458 , went for my first drive today in one much better trans than my c63Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by malooamg Click here to enlarge
        its the dct out of the california ferrari not the 458 , went for my first drive today in one much better trans than my c63Click here to enlarge
        Not sure what model is in the 458 but would not surprise me if it was not the same model.
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Sticky, you should also edit the thread title to say "M159" if accuracy is a concern. Just FWIW.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        Sticky, you should also edit the thread title to say "M159" if accuracy is a concern. Just FWIW.
        Oh man, I don't know how I missed that. Thank you!