• OE Tuning sets new West Coast C63 AMG 1/4 mile record - 11.15@125 and 60-130 in 8.19

      Congratulations to OE Tuning! The OE Tuning C63 set record times today at the Sacremento Drag strip. With only a tune and full exhaust including headers on pump gas (with drag radials) the car ran 11.15@125 with a 1.763 60 foot. A 60-130 time was run as well which is a new record time for the Stage 2 OE Tuning car at 8.19. Simply fantastic results and 10's are within reach with a better 60 foot. This setup is exactly how the car is driven daily, without the Nitto NT555R drag radials of course.

      Slip:



      60-130:

      This article was originally published in forum thread: OE Tuning sets new West Coast C63 AMG 1/4 mile record - 11.15@125, and 60-130 in 8.19 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 97 Comments
      1. KiokenM3's Avatar
        KiokenM3 -
        congrats to OE
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Because we don't have MIR.
        No, you have Sac. Sac officials will tell you their timing equipment is off specifically by 3mph or more on a car that traps 125-130mph since a wreck in late '07. MIR is a 0% decline track and unbeknown to most on the west coast often has positive DA, as in the last rental on 2/18 where in 1150'+ DA dodger ran 10.78 with 30 other 10 second passes all over 130mph.

        In drag racing, record times usually are produced at MIR in the Winter so region really does matter.
        The DA is usually -2000' or lower in winter at MIR, not +1150-1250' as they ran on 2/18.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        We sure do, because there is a consistent pattern of insane times coming out of MIR and then the rest of the world seems to think Z06's run 10's stock. MIR is a fast track, period.

        It is very important to denote what track, what region, and when times were run. If it wasn't, why would we even bother with calculating DA and don't we need those factors to do it? So again, I do not see how I am wrong here.

        I also made sure to point out this run was in negative DA as I went and checked.

        Bud, your own record run of 11.199 was in -1500 DA at ATCO. ATCO being another fast track... just like MIR as they both see negative DA.

        Also, I just calculated the DA at MIR for a random day in January of this year I picked, the 14th. What was the DA? -3032. Come on...
        Really, SAC with broken timing equipment that everyone knows about (even those that race there) with -450' DA vs MIR with +1250 DA on Feb 18th. Say what you want about usually, but DA is over 3000' in the summer at MIR and the timing equipment works. If you want to take details into account then please record the most important of them. As so many west coast record holders have shown us (Alan/Bassn, etc) they trap 4-5mph slower at other CA tracks than Sac.

        MIR is "fast" because it's easy to rent out, they don't care about safety equipment, and it's a 83' altitude track--much like what you'd find on the west coast or any coast for that matter. ATCO, Cecil County, Englishtown (if they prep), New England Dragway, Rockingham, are all just as "fast".

        dodger ran his 8.2 60-130 with 2 shifts meaning he was not going for a 60-130 number, that actually happened during a 1/4 mile pass. He will shortly (next rental) better that as well.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Like I said, I don't know but changes were made.
        He removed his Gruppe M knock off (which has proven 1-2mph in the 1/4 as stated) and used the stock boxes because his own custom air intake wasn't finished yet. The catback adds 10-22rwhp/8-20rwtq depending on where in the rpm band you are. I would say the mods offset one another quite well as both are choke points.



        The main thing is the engine gulping cold, dense air.
        75F air is not cold or dense. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        No, you have Sac. Sac officials will tell you their timing equipment is off specifically by 3mph or more on a car that traps 125-130mph since a wreck in late '07. MIR is a 0% decline track and unbeknown to most on the west coast often has positive DA, as in the last rental on 2/18 where in 1150'+ DA dodger ran 10.78 with 30 other 10 second passes all over 130mph.
        You are absolutely right, Sac equipment is off but it almost balances out the MIR and ATCO advantage.

        Of course MIR often has positive DA, it is not a perpetual summer. Doesn't change the fact ATCO and MIR see lower DA and have better prep. They are better tracks, would love to run there.

        I have never in my life run in -1500 DA but would like to. ATCO sees it routinely, how come?
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        ATCO and MIR are definitely FAR BETTER tracks then what we have here on the West.
        West coast has fast tracks to, you just have to be an actual racer to know where they are. Did you sell that 1000HP 12 second car yet?
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
        What tracks have you run at? Don't recall ever seeing a slip.

        MIR is usually a very well prepped track, but as Haji has been pointing out we don't get this magical d/a all the time. I ran at 6 events last year and never once in negative d/a. The whole Atco and MIR are the better tracks comments when none of you guys have even run back here is laughable. Records have been made at these tracks...but by guys who have busted their balls to make it happen. It seems there are a lot more diehard racers back here then out west.
        Agreed 100%.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        He removed his Gruppe M knock off (which has proven 1-2mph in the 1/4 as stated) and used the stock boxes because his own custom air intake wasn't finished yet. The catback adds 10-22rwhp/8-20rwtq depending on where in the rpm band you are. I would say the mods offset one another quite well as both are choke points.
        The result seems to prove otherwise though as wasn't the ET better in worse DA?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        75F air is not cold or dense.
        Of course, this was not referring specifically to any run but making the point that running in negative DA in general means you have cold dense air and even if you run back to back it is still gulping in cold dense air.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        West coast has fast tracks to, you just have to be an actual racer to know where they are. Did you sell that 1000HP 12 second car yet?
        We don't need to get personal like that, he's right, ATCO And MIR are better tracks.

        What fast West Coast tracks? Only fast track we have is Sac and that is because of the timing error. We have crap for tracks.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You are absolutely right, Sac equipment is off but it almost balances out the MIR and ATCO advantage.
        Sticky when have you ever raced at MIR or ATCO? There is no advantage other than being at near sea level and all tracks near the cost are. DA fluctuates madly like anywhere else. Point being the timing equipment is not defective. Please in quantitative terms explain to me the MIR/ATCO advantage? If you've raced there year round you would know they aren't fast in the summer and all sea level tracks are fast in the winter.

        Of course MIR often has positive DA, it is not a perpetual summer. Doesn't change the fact ATCO and MIR see lower DA and have better prep. They are better tracks, would love to run there.
        Lower DA vs what? Firebird? Bandimere? Of course, as for other tracks on the east cost, nope, they are where they are supposed to be.

        I have never in my life run in -1500 DA but would like to. ATCO sees it routinely, how come?
        Probably because the East Coast guys have regular rentals year round and you pay attention only to the winter results because that's when records are set, no one sets records in the summer.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        Sticky when have you ever raced at MIR or ATCO? There is no advantage other than being at near sea level and all tracks near the cost are. DA fluctuates madly like anywhere else. Point being the timing equipment is not defective. Please in quantitative terms explain to me the MIR/ATCO advantage? If you've raced there year round you would know they aren't fast in the summer and all sea level tracks are fast in the winter.
        I have never raced there and can't until I get the chance to do so. MIR and ATCO definitely being tops on my list of tracks I would like to run at.

        Of course the DA fluctuates. The advantages is simply the tracks are in a great location with great prep so in winter the conditions are very favorable. There is nothing "wrong" with them, just great tracks in a great location that many wisely take advantage of. If running there in the Winter seriously is not advantageous then why don't tuners have track shootouts in say... Arizona?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        Lower DA vs what? Firebird? Bandimere? Of course, as for other tracks on the east cost, nope, they are where they are supposed to be.
        Yep, there is a group of tracks on the East Coast that are able when the conditions allow it (Winter) to get incredible -DA. That is where the advantage is.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        Probably because the East Coast guys have regular rentals year round and you pay attention only to the winter results because that's when records are set, no one sets records in the summer.
        Exactly, record results come out in the Winter. Nothing to disagree about there...
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The result seems to prove otherwise though as wasn't the ET better in worse DA?
        His car ran better in worse air that's correct, so when he puts his new intake on and runs in better air, what do you think will happen?

        Of course, this was not referring specifically to any run but making the point that running in negative DA in general means you have cold dense air and even if you run back to back it is still gulping in cold dense air.
        +1150 is not dense air, and obviously not negative DA, and 30 passes between 130-131mph were achieved that day.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        We don't need to get personal like that, he's right, ATCO And MIR are better tracks.
        Hey I thought we could say what we wanted without fear of reprisal? Click here to enlarge

        Have you or he been there? How would you know? Just curious. Just because they are easy to rent out year round doesn't mean they are any better than what you have.

        What fast West Coast tracks? Only fast track we have is Sac and that is because of the timing error. We have crap for tracks.
        Look to the north.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        His car ran better in worse air that's correct, so when he puts his new intake on and runs in better air, what do you think will happen?
        I'm hoping he will get even better results as he should.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        +1150 is not dense air, and obviously not negative DA, and 30 passes between 130-131mph were achieved that day.
        I agree. I think you may just be missing what the comment was referring to, that running back to back is not the equivalent of running in the summer because the source of air in negative DA always remains cold and dense.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I have never raced there and can't until I get the chance to do so. MIR and ATCO definitely being tops on my list of tracks I would like to run at.
        There are "nicer" tracks but these are 2 solid tracks no question.

        Of course the DA fluctuates. The advantages is simply the tracks are in a great location with great prep so in winter the conditions are very favorable. There is nothing "wrong" with them, just great tracks in a great location that many wisely take advantage of. If running there in the Winter seriously is not advantageous then why don't tuners have track shootouts in say... Arizona?
        Initial sentence goes with any coastal track in winter, elevation close to sea level + cold air + prep= Records.

        I mentioned Firebird previously. Didn't someone want to do a Porsche shootout in AZ? What a stupid idea LOL.

        Coastal Tracks are not Firebird.



        Yep, there is a group of tracks on the East Coast that are able when the conditions allow it (Winter) to get incredible -DA. That is where the advantage is.
        Did you not just post that the car this thread is about ran in -400 to -450' DA? So are you saying -450' DA in CA is somehow equal to or worse than +1250' DA in MD?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        Hey I thought we could say what we wanted without fear of reprisal?
        Of course, but no reason we can't respect one another while doing that.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        Have you or he been there? How would you know? Just curious. Just because they are easy to rent out year round doesn't mean they are any better than what you have.
        I don't have to be there to see the DA and a mountain of results?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        Look to the north.
        Infineon? Worse than Sac as far as fast times and headwind issues but a better quality strip as far as the timing and prep.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        I mentioned Firebird previously. Didn't someone want to do a Porsche shootout in AZ? What a stupid idea LOL.

        Coastal Tracks are not Firebird.
        This is exactly my point. Why would one not want to go to AZ? Obviously because better times are going to be set at ATCO and MIR. If I could choose ANYWHERE to set a record time, I would choose one of those, in the Winter.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        Did you not just post that the car this thread is about ran in -400 to -450' DA? So are you saying -450' DA in CA is somehow equal to or worse than +1250' DA in MD?
        No, I don't understand why people are making a comparison to other runs. My whole point of bringing up the DA and that this is a West Coast record is because the conditions matter. For some reason, some guys are taking this negatively which I don't understand. Maybe MHP guys are just used to the fights on MBW?
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'm hoping he will get even better results as he should.
        Mike and his crew seem to improve everytime they go out, because they bust their asses, and I have no question they will do the same again next rental. It's not just the parts, it's the guys using them and most importantly maximizing their potential.

        I agree. I think you may just be missing what the comment was referring to, that running back to back is not the equivalent of running in the summer because the source of air in negative DA always remains cold and dense.
        I agree, heatsoak is one thing but it's still better to be heatsoaked racing in 40F air than 80F air.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        I agree, heatsoak is one thing but it's still better to be heatsoaked racing in 40F air than 80F air.
        Thank you, exactly my point.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Of course, but no reason we can't respect one another while doing that.
        He takes jabs, he gets jabs taken at him. Such is life.

        I don't have to be there to see the DA and a mountain of results?
        Still looking for a quantitative measure for the "MIR/ATCO advantage", frankly there is none. It's just winter racing at a coastal track.

        Infineon? Worse than Sac as far as fast times and headwind issues but a better quality strip as far as the timing and prep.
        Nope, further north. The East Coast guys drive 7-14 hrs to get to MIR, CA guys should expect to do the same.