Close

    • OE Tuning sets new West Coast C63 AMG 1/4 mile record - 11.15@125 and 60-130 in 8.19

      Congratulations to OE Tuning! The OE Tuning C63 set record times today at the Sacremento Drag strip. With only a tune and full exhaust including headers on pump gas (with drag radials) the car ran 11.15@125 with a 1.763 60 foot. A 60-130 time was run as well which is a new record time for the Stage 2 OE Tuning car at 8.19. Simply fantastic results and 10's are within reach with a better 60 foot. This setup is exactly how the car is driven daily, without the Nitto NT555R drag radials of course.

      Slip:



      60-130:

      This article was originally published in forum thread: OE Tuning sets new West Coast C63 AMG 1/4 mile record - 11.15@125, and 60-130 in 8.19 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 97 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
        Go Jeremy!!! Amazing times!
        I know, right? Nice to see these kind of times on the West Coast, they are doing some great things.
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        That's fast...I can't wait til he unleashes the X6..
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
        That's fast...I can't wait til he unleashes the X6..
        M or 50i?
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        The 5.0
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
        The 5.0
        Looking forward to that, the gains they posted so far are BIG.
      1. JonMartin's Avatar
        JonMartin -
        This is awesome congrats to OE Tunign and Gintani. The haters can take a vacation now.
      1. DLSJ5's Avatar
        DLSJ5 -
        Nicely done Jeremy, you hit 100 in the 1/8th, that is moving, great trap and ET. Anyone know the DA that day?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
        This is awesome congrats to OE Tunign and Gintani. The haters can take a vacation now.
        I'm just looking forward for these results to keep piling up on all platforms, hard to argue with slips.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
        Nicely done Jeremy, you hit 100 in the 1/8th, that is moving, great trap and ET. Anyone know the DA that day?
        According to DA calculator, dragtimes: -430
      1. Mthis's Avatar
        Mthis -
        congrats to Jeramy and Gintani, that is a great time, with more practice and few more passes this is a 10 sec car
      1. 930chas's Avatar
        930chas -
        Wow!! Congrats, Jeremy! That 60-130 speaks volumes.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
        Wow!! Congrats, Jeremy! That 60-130 speaks volumes.
        It sure does, I'm shocked as well.
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Why are we distinguishing between West Coast and East Coast? A time is a time.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
        Why are we distinguishing between West Coast and East Coast? A time is a time.
        Because we don't have MIR.

        Also, MHP dominates the East, OE Tuning dominates the West. This is the first low 11 second time to come from anywhere other than the East Coast. May also be the quickest pump gas time but I'm not sure.

        In drag racing, record times usually are produced at MIR in the Winter so region really does matter.
      1. Mthis's Avatar
        Mthis -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Because we don't have MIR.

        Also, MHP dominates the East, OE Tuning dominates the West. This is the first low 11 second time to come from anywhere other than the East Coast. May also be the quickest pump gas time but I'm not sure.

        In drag racing, record times usually are produce at MIR in the Winter so region really does matter.
        That's deft not the case and me and mike and few other have proved that.
        And a few that take the time to go to sac have proven that u west coast guys have a great track there also and it's not better or worse then MIR if anything at sac you get better times.
        the only thing at MIR that prob better then any other track is track prep, besides that its not downhill its not always -2000
        da (that only happens 1 in a blue moon)

        i have been to MIR 5 times and out of does 5 times only 2 times it has been in the negative DA now get someone to go to SAC in the winter and tell me out of 5 times how many will it be in the negative DA?

        PS my PB was set at Atco not even MIR, if we were to race at Atco more then MIR we would do the same if not better, the only reason we drive 4+HR to MIr is bc not to many ppl wanna come to rent Atco bc it $200 a car instead of 100 at MIR.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
        That's deft not the case and me and mike and few other have proved that. And a few that take the time to go to sac have proven that u west coast guys have a great track there also and it's not better or worse then MIR if anything at sac you get better times.
        I disagree with SAC being better than MIR. It is far worse of a strip, poorly prepped, left lane has a dip, timing issues, etc. MIR is the home of the fastest times across the board and the 10 second Z06.

        Nothing gets negative DA like MIR. In drag racing it is all about density altitude so no way to really disprove this. You guys have gotten great results on other tracks, of course and a good thing, but -1500+ DA happens at MIR far more frequently than anywhere else. Sac does not have the same type of Winter as Maryland. Region and DA matter, they are everything.
      1. Mthis's Avatar
        Mthis -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I disagree with SAC being better than MIR. It is far worse of a strip, poorly prepped, left lane has a dip, timing issues, etc. MIR is the home of the fastest times across the board and the 10 second Z06.

        Nothing gets negative DA like MIR. In drag racing it is all about density altitude so no way to really disprove this. You guys have gotten great results on other tracks, of course and a good thing, but -1500+ DA happens at MIR far more frequently than anywhere else. Sac does not have the same type of Winter as Maryland. Region and DA matter, they are everything.
        you wrong bro, does 2-3 guys that hold the z06 and zr1 records are from there and they put in alot of dedication thats why they run does cars so good kinda like what mike does with his car.

        and the -1500 DA look at the days on mikes slips for the last 5 times and check the DA see what you get.
      1. Mthis's Avatar
        Mthis -
        just thinking about it all my PB's came from Atco not one from MIR,
        my best stock run with stock tires came from atco 12.2@116
        my best stock with DR's came from Atco 12.1@116
        my best run to date came from Atco 11.1@126
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
        you wrong bro, does 2-3 guys that hold the z06 and zr1 record are from there and they put in alot of dedication thats why they run does cars so good kinda like what mike does with his car.

        and the -1500 DA look at the days on mikes slips for the last 5 times and check the DA see what you get.
        I don't see how I'm wrong here. Negative DA will produce better results than positive DA.

        This run at SAC was in negative DA and just about as good as SAC gets. MIR has seen -2000+. DA is the way we correct slips... it's all based on an established NHRA system.

        I know many of the runs done by Mike and others were not in negative DA. I'm not saying they were you seem to be misunderstanding. I am saying MIR is a very fast track that gets some record negative density altitude. Not only it is prepped well, the conditions in the Winter are great. In my opinion, it is one of if not the best track in the country.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
        just thinking about it all my PB's came from Atco not one from MIR,
        my best stock run with stock tires came from atco 12.2@116
        my best stock with DR's came from Atco 12.1@116
        my best run to date came from Atco 11.1@126
        My personal best naturally aspirated came from Famoso, not Sac.

        Does not change that if I ran in negative DA in SAC though that same day the faster time would have been Sac.