Close

    • Incredible - Weistec's 1000+ rwhp W204 C65 AMG Black Series 4Matic with an M279 twin turbo V12 swap and all wheel drive

      W204 C65 AMG Black Series 4Matic? Yes, you read that correctly. BenzBoost teased this car a year ago while final development and tuning was wrapped up. Getting a build like this done and dialed in takes a bit of time and the owner wanted to have some fun with a sleeper before the word got out.


      Whoops. It is hard to not write about something extraordinary like this. Just swapping in an M279 V12 into the W204 chassis alone is incredible (look at that fab work!) but they also added 4Matic all wheel drive on top.

      This is truly a one of a kind build and as the saying goes if you have to ask how much it costs you can not afford it.

      Weistec did not leave the M279 stock by any means. The V12 receives a sleeved block, forged internals, CNC ported heads, a new dual throttle body intake manifold, and custom turbochargers.

      It makes over 1000 horsepower at the wheels but best of luck to anyone trying to get a dynograph. Maybe the owner will release a graph at some point.

      For now, just enjoy one of, if not the outright baddest, C-Class AMG's on Earth.
























































      This article was originally published in forum thread: Incredible - Weistec's 1000+ rwhp W204 C65 AMG Black Series 4Matic with an M279 twin turbo V12 swap and all wheel drive started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 16 Comments
      1. Payam@BMS's Avatar
        Payam@BMS -
        I agree that this is the most badass C class on the planet. You still have to give credit to Deeds performance, if I recall correctly they did more than 40% of the work on that. The attention to detail is just wow from everything done.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        The manifolds are so f'ing sick.

        I wonder if you can get those manifolds for other M275/M279 cars and go with some badass top mount turbos?
      1. DFM's Avatar
        DFM -
        If only we had a video of this in action. I cant think of another custom built Mercedes that has been taken to this level, and has been executed so masterfully.
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Looks great
      1. dcmetro's Avatar
        dcmetro -
        I'm obsessed with everything related to M275/M279 performance. That build is by far the most clean and technically the most advanced...

        One thing I really want to know : The cooling system. I spent some time watching the pictures and It seems the stock Air-to-water cooling system has been replaced by an Air-to-air system... the top mounted intercooler cores of the stock system aren't there anymore and i see two massive coolers located in the front.

        I'm really interested in your opinions folks
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dcmetro Click here to enlarge
        I spent some time watching the pictures and It seems the stock Air-to-water cooling system has been replaced by an Air-to-air system... the top mounted intercooler cores of the stock system aren't there anymore and i see two massive coolers located in the front.

        I'm really interested in your opinions folks
        A lot of debate on the benefits of air/air to water/air. Obviously water will move away more heat but when it is heat soaked it will take a lot longer to get back its cooling ability.

        Air to air is simpler, weighs less, and tends to be preferred for roadcourse setups.

        Water/air tends to be preferred by drag guys.

        It matters more as to the quality of the system than whether it has water or not.
      1. dcmetro's Avatar
        dcmetro -
        Thanks Sticky but maybe I've been misunderstood. I try to understand wich system is used in that project
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dcmetro Click here to enlarge
        Thanks Sticky but maybe I've been misunderstood. I try to understand wich system is used in that project
        Well let's ask!
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Wow, this is incredible....maybe Speedriven has some competition in the M275/279 space? Click here to enlarge

        Love that they managed to fit 4matic in there, of course you need it...if this thing is making over 1000 whp, it's probably making something like 1200-1300 wtq.

        Need this setup in an S65 immediately. Does this perhaps indicate that MB is holding out on us? I'm sure lots of work was done to get this all working correctly - but MB has seemed uninterested in adding AWD to the V12 cars, despite how much they'd benefit from them. The party line is "it won't work" but since it's working here in a C-Class Coupe, I seriously doubt the entire engineering team at MB and AMG couldn't make it work in an S-Class. It's a shame they treat their V12 customers like idiots, just people with big checkbooks, who don't care about performance or advancement.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
        Wow, this is incredible....maybe Speedriven has some competition in the M275/279 space? Click here to enlarge

        Love that they managed to fit 4matic in there, of course you need it...if this thing is making over 1000 whp, it's probably making something like 1200-1300 wtq.

        Need this setup in an S65 immediately. Does this perhaps indicate that MB is holding out on us? I'm sure lots of work was done to get this all working correctly - but MB has seemed uninterested in adding AWD to the V12 cars, despite how much they'd benefit from them. The party line is "it won't work" but since it's working here in a C-Class Coupe, I seriously doubt the entire engineering team at MB and AMG couldn't make it work in an S-Class. It's a shame they treat their V12 customers like idiots, just people with big checkbooks, who don't care about performance or advancement.
        You forget about the G65?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dcmetro Click here to enlarge
        Thanks Sticky but maybe I've been misunderstood. I try to understand wich system is used in that project
        Air/air
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
        You forget about the G65?
        Well it makes sense there, but that’s a totally different system. They’ve always says they can’t do it on the cars because as you can see, the diff is basically next to the engine & the driveshaft must go through the bottom of the engine. All 4matic cars are like this. But they’ve always sort of said that can’t be done with the V12. Seems they were wrong...
      1. 135idct's Avatar
        135idct -
        the weight of the car? 4300 ?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
        the weight of the car? 4300 ?
        Probably around there. The M279 is heavy and then 4Matic added? Probably is even higher.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Gives you an idea what it sounds like:

      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        anyone else drooling over that CNC billet oil pan and diff adaptor? Holy crap.....