Close

    • GAD Motors swaps a 5.8 liter built M157 into a C207 E-Class coupe and makes 1049 horsepower

      GAD Motors produces some incredible Mercedes-AMG builds and products. Unfortunately, documentation is not their strong suit and dyno runs as well as information on their builds are hard to come by.


      This particular C207 E-Class coupe gets an M157 swap. Mercedes-AMG regrets not building an E63 AMG Coupe for the C207 generation. GAD Motors steps in to fix that.

      The M157 gets forged internals and a displacement bump from 5.5 liters to 5.8. As far as further details, GAD Motors doesn't provide any. They refer to this as their 'Stage VIP' level which is another way of saying you better have a ton of money.

      They certainly provide a good amount of power for whatever it is the build costs. They hit 1049 horsepower and 1050 lb-ft of torque at the crank:




      You can see an acceleration video of the car below although it is not on the race gas tune in the above dyno run:


      Certainly quick although it doesn't quite look like 900+ horsepower. It would be great to see what it runs in kill mode in the 1/4 mile although the owner probably isn't one of those people who cares about providing data.

      An impressive engine swap and build regardless.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: GAD Motors swaps a 5.8 liter built M157 into a C207 E-Class coupe and makes 1049 horsepower started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 15 Comments
      1. nbrigdan's Avatar
        nbrigdan -
        This is absolutely mental. Hats off to GAD.
      1. 135idct's Avatar
        135idct -
        whp on dynojet??
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
        whp on dynojet??
        It's hard to say. Probably 8XX.
      1. 135idct's Avatar
        135idct -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It's hard to say. Probably 8XX.
        impossible from the acceleration vid it's like 700-750 whp
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
        impossible from the acceleration vid it's like 700-750 whp
        I think you're missing that the dyno is on race gas and the acceleration video is a pump tune.
      1. M-Theory's Avatar
        M-Theory -
        Love seeing this stuff, but why build it and settle for 750-850rwhp!? Upgraded turbo M157s make that alone now, push that built motor to the limits!! Yes I know the trans is also a factor.

        Still the the best AMG swap I've seen is the C63 black series with the 65 TTv12 in it. Dream!
      1. 93siro's Avatar
        93siro -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M-Theory Click here to enlarge
        Love seeing this stuff, but why build it and settle for 750-850rwhp!? Upgraded turbo M157s make that alone now, push that built motor to the limits!! Yes I know the trans is also a factor.

        Still the the best AMG swap I've seen is the C63 black series with the 65 TTv12 in it. Dream!
        It's heavy and old. And doesn't make as much as power as the TTV8.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M-Theory Click here to enlarge
        Love seeing this stuff, but why build it and settle for 750-850rwhp!? Upgraded turbo M157s make that alone now, push that built motor to the limits!! Yes I know the trans is also a factor.
        This guys will give you whatever your wallet will provide.
      1. Vasily1's Avatar
        Vasily1 -
        Sticky, it seems that there will be first GAD car in the US (CA) soon. One guy ("e65") has it on its way back home with 5.8 built engine and meth. injection. The car is making 4.8 for 100-200km/h. I hope to see soon some "mexican" races vs local tuners.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vasily1 Click here to enlarge
        Sticky, it seems that there will be first GAD car in the US (CA) soon. One guy ("e65") has it on its way back home with 5.8 built engine and meth. injection. The car is making 4.8 for 100-200km/h. I hope to see soon some "mexican" races vs local tuners.
        Where is he located?

        Doesn't your GAD car make a ton more power than this?
      1. Vasily1's Avatar
        Vasily1 -
        Sticky, hi, the only thing i know is CA. I will try to get his contact details if you need them so that to liaise you.
        As for comparison, my car is 0.4 sec faster and has more power, that's true. But anyway IMHO he will be a "tough cookie" as your President say in any US street race ;-).
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vasily1 Click here to enlarge
        Sticky, hi, the only thing i know is CA. I will try to get his contact details if you need them so that to liaise you.
        As for comparison, my car is 0.4 sec faster and has more power, that's true. But anyway IMHO he will be a "tough cookie" as your President say in any US street race ;-).
        As I'm also in CA would love to have the contact info. PM the @Sticky account please
      1. Raddoc's Avatar
        Raddoc -
        Attachment 53539

        If you look carefully at the video of the dino you will see that there is wheel horsepower measured as well and the higher the numbers the less drivetrain loss that is being calculated. It's around 12% when you reach the highest numbers on the chart and maybe 10% by the time we reach a thousand horsepower by extrapolation. On the video you could not see numbers Beyond 700 something I think.

        You need over 900 crank horsepower to get 100 to 200 in 5 Seconds on full weight e63.

        I am the guy in Canada who sent my car for the Gad upgrade and my car is currently in transit back to Canada somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean.

        I have smaller turbos than Vasily, hence the power and 100-200 difference. Also I have no weight reduction. I suspect that the car that is being talked about also has the smaller turbos like mine.

        I included a screen shot from the dino video so you can see the wheel horsepower numbers (Rad_L) with the din horsepower numbers (DINPS)
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raddoc Click here to enlarge
        Attachment 53539

        If you look carefully at the video of the dino you will see that there is wheel horsepower measured as well and the higher the numbers the less drivetrain loss that is being calculated. It's around 12% when you reach the highest numbers on the chart and maybe 10% by the time we reach a thousand horsepower by extrapolation. On the video you could not see numbers Beyond 700 something I think.

        You need over 900 crank horsepower to get 100 to 200 in 5 Seconds on full weight e63.

        I am the guy in Canada who sent my car for the Gad upgrade and my car is currently in transit back to Canada somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean.

        I have smaller turbos than Vasily, hence the power and 100-200 difference. Also I have no weight reduction. I suspect that the car that is being talked about also has the smaller turbos like mine.

        I included a screen shot from the dino video so you can see the wheel horsepower numbers (Rad_L) with the din horsepower numbers (DINPS)
        Oh man... I wish CA was California.

        THis is a seriously awesome build, congrats.

        Also, good explanation on the dyno.
      1. Raddoc's Avatar
        Raddoc -
        I got my car back. Maybe one day I will bring it down for Mojave mile or something like that.