• Precision Sport Installs X6 M S63 Twin Turbo V8 Supersprint Downpipes

      The guys are Precision Sport recently did an install of Supersprint downpipes on the BMW X6 M. The pictures of the install show some great details of the motor and turbos. No word on the gains as there was no dyno, the downpipes retail for about $2500.

      Supersprint vs. OEM:


      OEM downpipes with cats:


      X6 M Turbos:


      Installation:




      Underneath view:


      Titanium tip exhaust:

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Precision Sport Installs X6 M S63 Twin Turbo V8 Supersprint Downpipes started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 22 Comments
      1. EUGENE-Taiwan's Avatar
        EUGENE-Taiwan -
        I wonder how does the car perform after the exhaust ! also a sound clip out be nice
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
        I wonder how does the car perform after the exhaust ! also a sound clip out be nice
        Sound clip would be nice but the Eisenmann exhaust a much greater impact on the sound than the downpipes. Still, I would like to hear what this sounds like. I also want to know the power gains.
      1. Nate@IND's Avatar
        Nate@IND -
        Just so you guys know that is not an Eisenmann system but a meistercrap made in Korea. They have some very key marketing tricks to make consumers think that the system is made by Eisenmann or somehow associated with them. Meister even comes up as #2 in a google search for Eisenmann products from Germany.

        http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...73bcec2e6e3c54
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nate@IND Click here to enlarge
        Just so you guys know that is not an Eisenmann system but a meistercrap made in Korea. They have some very key marketing tricks to make consumers think that the system is made by Eisenmann or somehow associated with them. Meister even comes up as #2 in a google search for Eisenmann products from Germany.

        http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...73bcec2e6e3c54
        So precision sport is using a cheap knock-off but claiming it is the original?
      1. Nate@IND's Avatar
        Nate@IND -
        Did they say it was an Eisenmann system?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nate@IND Click here to enlarge
        Did they say it was an Eisenmann system?
        Nope, mesitercrap as you said, right on:

        well as the Meisterschaft titanium GTS muffler for an aggressive look
        Edits made, thanks for the clarification on the knock-off Nate.
      1. Nate@IND's Avatar
        Nate@IND -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Nope, mesitercrap as you said, right on:



        Edits made, thanks for the clarification on the knock-off Nate.
        If they never said it was an Eisenmann and the customer does not think that he bought an Eisenmann product then no harm no foul.
      1. Brey335i's Avatar
        Brey335i -
        $2500 for downpipes? yikes
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
        $2500 for downpipes? yikes
        Someone else will come out with cheaper ones, no doubt.
      1. mazdaspeed6's Avatar
        mazdaspeed6 -
        Those are pretty beefy turbos for stock... How much boost does this motor run?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
        Those are pretty beefy turbos for stock... How much boost does this motor run?
        17.4 psi
      1. 600whp S4's Avatar
        600whp S4 -
        Man I need a donor x5m to make fairly priced down pipes! Thats about $140 in material and about $75 in labor. Ill be fair and price them at $900 which is still overpriced
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
        Man I need a donor x5m to make fairly priced down pipes! Thats about $140 in material and about $75 in labor. Ill be fair and price them at $900 which is still overpriced
        Supersprint is pretty expensive and combine that with the BMW M tax and you get these prices.

        Someone else will come out with sub $1k downpipes, only a matter of time.
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        17.4 psi
        If they boost 17.4 stock, how much room is there for aftermarket boost increases? Its not like you are going from 8 psi to 16 psi, but 17.4 psi to ?? Those turbos seem to be maxed out for their size.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
        If they boost 17.4 stock, how much room is there for aftermarket boost increases? Its not like you are going from 8 psi to 16 psi, but 17.4 psi to ?? Those turbos seem to be maxed out for their size.
        You still have a little room, not sure what most flashes go to. Dinan goes up to 19 psi for example.
      1. Precision Sport's Avatar
        Precision Sport -
        Hey all, just wanted to chime in here. . .

        We definitely did not say this is an Eisenmann product, nor try to pass it off as one to our customer; not sure how that was assumed in this thread. The customer wanted a titanium muffler, and this was currently the only attainable offering as far as we could see, as the Akrapovic was/is not yet out to my knowledge. If there was a titanium Eisenmann out at the time, the customer might have strongly considered it. We're in the business of giving the customer what they want; not steering them toward favored brands we ink deals with.

        Regardless of their "marketing tactics,"(which I can't stick up for) I can't knock the actual exhaust system too much; it is made very nicely, fit quite well, and sounds great, as you'll be hearing soon. The one thing I don't like are the vertical "baffles" that are visible inside the tip. We've had good and bad experiences with fitment on Meisterschaft products and this was a good one.

        We'll be getting some dyno numbers shortly, and already have videos, be on the lookout for those on here soon.

        Sticky, if you need me to become a sponsor to post those, please PM me information on that, thank you.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Precision Sport Click here to enlarge
        We definitely did not say this is an Eisenmann product, nor try to pass it off as one to our customer; not sure how that was assumed in this thread.
        Yep, honest mistake which was corrected.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Precision Sport Click here to enlarge
        Regardless of their "marketing tactics,"(which I can't stick up for) I can't knock the actual exhaust system too much; it is made very nicely, fit quite well, and sounds great, as you'll be hearing soon. The one thing I don't like are the vertical "baffles" that are visible inside the tip. We've had good and bad experiences with fitment on Meisterschaft products and this was a good one.
        That is true, there is no other titanium muffler currently I believe.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Precision Sport Click here to enlarge
        e'll be getting some dyno numbers shortly, and already have videos, be on the lookout for those on here soon.

        Sticky, if you need me to become a sponsor to post those, please PM me information on that, thank you.
        These I am looking forward to.

        You can not receive or send pm's currently as a guest vendor, I will e-mail your registration e-mail address if that is ok with you, let me know.
      1. Precision Sport's Avatar
        Precision Sport -
        Please do, thanks
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Precision Sport Click here to enlarge
        Please do, thanks
        Absolutely, e-mail sent.
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You still have a little room, not sure what most flashes go to. Dinan goes up to 19 psi for example.

        The ratio of 17.4 to 19 is much less than say a BMS tune which takes stock 8 psi to 18+ if you wanted. Not to mention at 19 psi the S63 turbos are probably already running out of steam. I think I saw a dyno graph somewhere of this motor with a tune, if you thought the N54 lost steam up top; this thing is a stump puller.